Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Fractional Percentage Points gonna happen after the update xD?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectroWiz View Post
    There’s gonna be 98 buildings so this bridge probably won’t be crossed until TH15 if TH14 also only has 2 new buildings
    Yep, or never if they decide to combine barracks into one or two buildings.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DARDANIUS View Post
    Now imagine that same situation, but you missed the Town Hall.

Though I'd like to believe percentages will stay the same regardless if we have over 100 buildings, as overall damage is rounded up to the nearest percentage anyway. I could be wrong once the update drops.
    That's exactly why the percentage calculation need to change from "round up" to "rounded to nearest percentage". There is a difference, "round up" calculation will round 1.1% or 1.01% to 2%, while "rounded to nearest percentage will keep the 1.1% or 1.01% at 1%.

This is crucial when we have more than 10 buildings. Let say 110 buildings
    100% / 110 buildings = 0.91 % per each building (that will be rounded up to 1% every time we destroy the first building), no issue here
    100% / 110 buildings X 109 buildings destroyed = 99.1% destruction (it will be rounded up to 100% but there is still 1 building left to be destroyed), this is where the problem lies

When it's below 0.50%, it has to be rounded down and only when it is above 0.50% it has to be rounded up.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yep, or never if they decide to combine barracks into one or two buildings.
    I hope it go down this road, would change the game in terms of base designing, and I hope it's only for TH13 and up so that TH12 and below still experience the same game play as we had experienced.

Simple fix, always round down to whole number. So anything between 99-99.99999% would still be 99%

I'm wondering why they chose to go with a ceiling function on the percentage rather than doing proper rounding. it's odd to me that 42.01% becomes 43.

Centennial Club
    I don't think they will introduce it now with TH13

Actually there’s going to be 2 scatter shots and 1 hero altar so does that make it 99 buildings?

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Merc has identified the nub of the issue.

% damage calc needs to be either
    - rounded down
    - or include 1 decimal place

an attack that left only th standing that was classified as 100%, 1 star would be ludicrously hilarious

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : EU (level 15) | TH12
    BB : EU X | level 65 max