Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Would you stay in a clan whose leader talks like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet007 View Post
    I joined this clan before a couple of days of the recent clan games, I completed full points in clan games, was amongst the top donators as well as in top 5 of the clan in terms of trophies. I got six packs in wars multiple times and thus was promoted to CO (maybe they needed me to stay here longer and be a permanent addition to clan).

Recently I got into an argument with the leader regarding CWL and my exclusion (which was biased) and between somewhere she said all these lines.

1. There cannot be 2 decision takers in clan. Whatever i will say will be final. Whatever rules i have set will be final.

2. Don't ask me any questions, this is just a clan and not any business or company.

3. You are new here, you will get adjusted with my leadership soon. Those who are already staying here ask them how the clan is being run.

4. All your expectations will be fulfilled if you will not ask many questions. This is a good clan.

5. I cannot communicate or discuss with everyone (even co's or through clan mails). There are a lot of people in clan and if i will discuss with everyone it will take a lot of effort and time.

6. I don't have to Inform anyone before deciding anything in clan.

7. I come online to clam and relax, I don't need unnecessary questions.

8. I am sorry if you felt bad hearing all that, but that's just how i operate things here.

I Don't want you to judge or take sides (that's why i am not disclosing full argument here). I just wanted to know what are your thoughts regarding a leader who thinks like this. Does this kind of thinking suits a leader?
    honestly, based on the above I'm not sure why you were promoted to co. i would only promote someone to co who's been in the clan for more than a month and seems fit in with the way we operate. If someone gets promoted to co, i would not mind their questions or ideas. however, i would want it expressed in the co chat in discord. not broadcast for everyone in the clan to see. if your clan doesn't have outside of game comms, i would move on.

As for whether or not her responses up there are right or not, I'd say number 1 is exactly true. and if you don't like it you know where the door is. time to head for it
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Days Ago at 07:45 PM.

“I Don't want you to judge or take sides (that's why i am not disclosing full argument here). I just wanted to know what are your thoughts regarding a leader who thinks like this. Does this kind of thinking suits a leader?”

By wanting to know people’s thoughts on this, judging/taking sides seems exactly what you want people to do?

But I agree, basically it’s not a good fit. Not that they were doing something wrong as a leader.

If you were a famous five-star chef and you were invited to a dinner party by a friend (so you didn’t know the host), and you arrived as the meal was still being prepared, would you introduce yourself and ask if they needed help? Maybe? And if so, and they said “Here, can you chop these veggies?” would you happily do so? Or would you start critiquing the meal and asking why they were using those ingredients, why they were cooking at this temperature—the meat will be dry, offer to make a different side dish that you feel pairs better with the main course? (I hope not.) If they asked you for cooking lessons, that’d be a different story.

Last edited by MommySnooks; 4 Days Ago at 09:08 PM.

Thanks Icey!

I need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Centennial Club
    some clans (like the one I am honoured to lead through the murky wasteland of post - global recruiting) only have used in-game communication. 1 email per hour per co/leader has to be well thought out. Warmap messages have been used as has clan chat.

Other clans have full voice abilities. If your device can do this, and your workplace allows it, your commute allows it, and you have no requirement to play other online games or interract with family members, then these may be the clan for you.

Myself I don't have such good data package and use home wifi as this is based off fibre for my higher spec PC games (teamspeak3/discord use), so cannot communicate on both..

If you only communicate in game, then it can be hard to review chat.

Clans evolve through their members, and the one I am in I am hounoured to continue it from when it was 7, now 12. However, global loss has caused me problems, and hard choices now is to fully open and then just kick those who don't fit.

We all have our limits.

We all have our strengths.

We only have enough time in our life to do the thing in the current instance that we enjoy or need to do.

Pro Member
    near the map legend right by the seadragon
    His answers suits his clan. Unless you know this leader in real life or have some other reason, you have no obligation to stay there. And from your post it does not sound like you were planning on staying there long term anyway.

But I am going to warrant the guess that there is some reason you wanted to be in this particular clan or you feel you need to be there to get maximum medals from this cwl. In which case the choice is yours to suck it up and learn to work in the clan. Or you can get the 8 war stars (and tstatue?) that you want. Then move on to a different clan that will let you participate in leadership as much as you want to and has players of the caliber you wish to play with. Or that you can help train to that caliber.

Either way, best of luck with your choices, and I hope you have success in raiding and war. Unless it is against my clan or my base,then i hope you get an unlucky disconnect and zero star attack.
    Last edited by Chusker; 4 Days Ago at 05:33 AM.
    Free to play maxed base (TH12 BK65 AQ65 GW40)

Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

Centennial Club
    The responses are obviously from a Leader running a rather casual clan who doesn't want to stress out over every single detail in the game. I kind of feel for the Leader since she appears to be kick-shy. I would just kick out a player that doesn't fit in with the overall paradigm of the clan rather than keep explaining my decisions like that. Competitive players should seek out competitive clans.

Pro Member
    It wouldn’t be for Me. I Do Strongly Believe that there has to be Clan Rules which have to be Followed & that a Leader needs to Lead by Example as well as any Co Leader. Too Many just think it’s a Title then do nothing with it.
    plenty of Clans out there.

New Bloke/Chick
    no I would leave and join a clan that is a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspreet007 View Post
    -- snip--

Recently I got into an argument with the leader regarding CWL and my exclusion (which was biased) and between somewhere she said all these lines.

1. There cannot be 2 decision takers in clan. Whatever i will say will be final. Whatever rules i have set will be final.

2. Don't ask me any questions, this is just a clan and not any business or company.

3. You are new here, you will get adjusted with my leadership soon. Those who are already staying here ask them how the clan is being run.

4. All your expectations will be fulfilled if you will not ask many questions. This is a good clan.

5. I cannot communicate or discuss with everyone (even co's or through clan mails). There are a lot of people in clan and if i will discuss with everyone it will take a lot of effort and time.

6. I don't have to Inform anyone before deciding anything in clan.

7. I come online to clam and relax, I don't need unnecessary questions.

8. I am sorry if you felt bad hearing all that, but that's just how i operate things here.

I Don't want you to judge or take sides (that's why i am not disclosing full argument here). I just wanted to know what are your thoughts regarding a leader who thinks like this. Does this kind of thinking suits a leader?
    Okay. You gave your reasons as to why they should listen to you.. They surely should be allowing you to run the clan..
    Seems Leader thinks otherwise.. She has her rules, and expects the membership to simply turn up and play..

fair comment on her part I guess.. Those that achieve get promoted.. What else could she do?..
    You have a more competitive nature than the clan you joined.. The leader is obviously trying to let you down lightly..
    You should really be coming here saying they kicked you, which seems the obvious decision, if youre riding the leader all the time..

It is obvious you are looking for people to judge, which is why you stated how much you enhance their profile..
    I have "snipped" that part, as it is inconsequential in a discussion about leadership decisions..
    I think she is a weak leader, but simply because she put up with your baiting, instead of severing the ties..
    The clan comes before any member.. Maybe this is a good advert for why clans shouldnt be too hasty in promoting people to CO.

Just move on and find a more competitive clan.. Both parties will benefit from the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefawok View Post
    I've left a clan where I was a Co because of this behavior.

Don't think a clan must be 100% democratic, but a leader reflects on the leadership style.

That's why I have my lvl 10 clan with only 20 members, but reliable ones that will do what the leadership asks without thinking it could be wrong

My Co's can and will decide with me on the clan future and in whatever will affect my clan mates.
    So what makes you any different, if everyone is "reliable" and does what they are told?..
    Isnt that what OP's leader is saying?..

She no doubt allows trusted CO's to help run the clan.. But OP is wanting to change the basic structure

I would say, if you don’t like it, just leave.

it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong.

it doesn’t matter if someone else feels that they should or shouldn’t leave.

it doesn’t matter what other people opinions of you or that leader are.

the only thing that matter is what YOU believe in and what YOU want because this is YOUR game, you should play it THE WAY YOU LIKE IT and NOT how someone else want you to play it the way THEY like it.

It is her clan, she can do whatever she want.
    It is your game, you can do whatever you want.
    But it is not your clan, so you have to accept the owner decision.
    Last edited by rurunix; 1 Day Ago at 02:23 PM.