Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: TH10-TH12 Offense defense balance retrospect before th13 update

  1. #1
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,558

    TH10-TH12 Offense defense balance retrospect before th13 update

    TH10&11 was very defense biased before th12 update, I still remember my first time I did a 3* attack against opponent #1 109k base with 45-45-20 and 240 army camps, the whole clan screaming, because it made us win the war, it ws so thrilling and feel happy for the rest of the day.

    TH10 was having
    unable to be healed inferno
    Archer tower 98 dps to today 80dps
    xbow at 100dps vs 95
    cannon from 110 to 100

    TH11
    same unable to be healed infernos
    AT from 120 to 104
    slight buff xbow from 110 to 125 to offset all 15 other at&cannon dps drop
    Cannon from 130 to 118

    while offense getting a huge boost, both getting access to SM which acct at least 50 army space(1 golem or lava and 10 WB) or more

    fast forward to now, th10 is a playground, even casual most loved troops dragon now can 3* th10 with ease(lvl5 drag got several HP buff from 2700 to 3100 now)

    TH11 also getting much easier with the introduction of Ice golem and bat spell and Siege machine

    before TH12 update the best clanwar strategy is th10 to 2* th11 and using th11 to 3* th10, because TH10 was so difficult to 3*, sometime even elite th11 attacker has some failure cleaning th10.

    After th12 update lower th attack up become obsolete, because TH11&12 are able to be 3* with significantly higher rate.

    we can say th12 update turning defense biased game to offense biased state, which is more fun, so in the dawn of th13, what is your prediction on the game at TH11-13 after th13 update, will it go back to pre th12 update which is def biased or we will get even stronger offense compared to def(giga inferno does not seems a big game changer such as EA or giga tesla), last week Nova vs WHF ended very close to perfect tie with 75-74(the last attack is very close to 3*).

    What do you think?
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  2. #2
    Forum Veteran Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    1,735
    in general i agree with you... of course older th will get easier. however i rarely see dragon attacks at TH10, much less a 3* unless it's against a good dragbat base. It's certainly not "with ease".

  3. #3
    In my clan the th10s usually clear the enemy th10s, but I do still often see that not happen against us. I suspect that will go away once the enemy has another level to their siege, cc troops and maybe cc spell. Th10 will be like th9 is now. Th11 is still pretty hard I think and will get easier with the drop of th13 as it should. I think the balance will be fine at th12 and below. Th13 will likely take some adjustments to hopefully get it similar to what th12 is like now, which I think is the best balanced top hall we have had in a long time.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  4. #4
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    in general i agree with you... of course older th will get easier. however i rarely see dragon attacks at TH10, much less a 3* unless it's against a good dragbat base. It's certainly not "with ease".
    Yes Drag at th10 is situational, but it is becoming much easier, a lot of variation like sui hero, including qw drag, etc.

    My point in the OP is not about lower TH, but what will be the th13 bring to the table, an offense game or defense biased like pre th12 update
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  5. #5
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    In my clan the th10s usually clear the enemy th10s, but I do still often see that not happen against us. I suspect that will go away once the enemy has another level to their siege, cc troops and maybe cc spell. Th10 will be like th9 is now. Th11 is still pretty hard I think and will get easier with the drop of th13 as it should. I think the balance will be fine at th12 and below. Th13 will likely take some adjustments to hopefully get it similar to what th12 is like now, which I think is the best balanced top hall we have had in a long time.
    Yes very good balance currently at TH12, but it is very difficult to maintain this balance the higher TH you go, because both def and offense is getting more dps, while skill gaps also becoming wider.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,024
    SC are in a difficult position.. Make the game too difficult, and people get sick.. Make it too easy, and people get bored.. balance it so only one or two strats gain sustained success, and all other troops stay in the box.

    The game is getting bigger, so may naturally become more complex.. it may require more multi staged raids.. That brings a timer issue..
    They may be releasing a new hero.. That has the potential of throwing the game massively in offence favour, at least in the early stages, till the nerfs and buffs begin, and the game stabilises..

    So many ifs, buts, and maybe's.. and we dont even know what they are bringing to the table yet..
    One thing is for sure tho, my 12 wont be maxing out.. Am guessing a hammer of building will be popular this month.

    But to address the question you proposed.. I havent a clue mate.. Que sera sera.

  7. #7
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,899
    Firstly, I remember when my main was TH10. I didn't once 3 star any max defence TH10s in war back then... it was so so tough.

    Fast forward to post TH12 update and the Siege Machines.

    It's always difficult to generalise, because there's a big difference between a max offence/hero TH10/11/12 and an early/mid level player, which , by the way , make up the vast majority of non TH12 players.
    99.9% of the players won't sit static on a TH10 once they reach 40/40 etc

    Right now, I think TH10 is well balanced.
    Right now, I'm particularly enjoying TH11 on my second account because it's both challenging but rewarding for both attacking and base building, especially if you are a 'big' TH11.

    As for TH12, right now, being an early TH12 is not a good place to be, both in terms of offensive capability, but also in terms of weight. You won't be pulling TH11s with a Giga Tesla on board!

    I find TH12 difficult, but that's probably because I'm a mid TH12, and so max defence bases SHOULD be really hard to triple.

    As for TH13, I believe that it will begin as defensively strong, and the possibly level out gradually over the first year to 18 months, which is similar to what we've seen with TH12 to a degree.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

  8. #8
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Firstly, I remember when my main was TH10. I didn't once 3 star any max defence TH10s in war back then... it was so so tough.

    Fast forward to post TH12 update and the Siege Machines.

    It's always difficult to generalise, because there's a big difference between a max offence/hero TH10/11/12 and an early/mid level player, which , by the way , make up the vast majority of non TH12 players.
    99.9% of the players won't sit static on a TH10 once they reach 40/40 etc

    Right now, I think TH10 is well balanced.
    Right now, I'm particularly enjoying TH11 on my second account because it's both challenging but rewarding for both attacking and base building, especially if you are a 'big' TH11.

    As for TH12, right now, being an early TH12 is not a good place to be, both in terms of offensive capability, but also in terms of weight. You won't be pulling TH11s with a Giga Tesla on board!

    I find TH12 difficult, but that's probably because I'm a mid TH12, and so max defence bases SHOULD be really hard to triple.

    As for TH13, I believe that it will begin as defensively strong, and the possibly level out gradually over the first year to 18 months, which is similar to what we've seen with TH12 to a degree.
    Quite the opposite at the beginning of th12 I find TH12 is easy, because we can max offense fast, while opponent mostly was TH11 with Blue th, probably, because i did upgrade to th12 immediately when th12 update dropped. Of course getting more difficult when def upgraded and base design catch up.

    THe new def scattershot seem quite OP, it may render a lot of popular TH12 obsolete, like pekka smash, pekka bobat, bowitch variant, hogs variant, even laloon may get a lot of difficulty if this def is not dealt from beginning, so maybe TH13 will be back to Defense biased again
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    355
    Well, directly after the update, people will use a hammer to max e-drags, attack a brand new th13 and complain that offense is op. At least that is what I plan to do, minus the complaining.

    Long term I think that it will be about where th12 was 6 months ago. About a 10% hit rate while maintaining diversity. However, offense will get stronger and stronger as people learn new strategies over time.

  10. #10
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    Well, directly after the update, people will use a hammer to max e-drags, attack a brand new th13 and complain that offense is op. At least that is what I plan to do, minus the complaining.

    Long term I think that it will be about where th12 was 6 months ago. About a 10% hit rate while maintaining diversity. However, offense will get stronger and stronger as people learn new strategies over time.
    yes totally agree TH13 progress will be similar to TH12, but Scattershot new def may kill the diversity, I imagine all mid and low health troops like loons, hogs, bowler, witch, miners, will be very difficult to survive.


    Just saw the Video of the 4th Hero
    Last edited by samratulangi; 22 Hours Ago at 09:00 AM. Reason: Edited after 4th Hero revealed
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •