Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Townhall Threat, Attacking, and Base Design Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Townhall Threat, Attacking, and Base Design Discussion

Having reviewed some videos that give stats of the townhall (I know, I know, subject to change), it appears that the new townhall will be even more deadly relative to troop hps than th12 (preliminary numbers are 4 targets at 300 dps each).

This elicited a thought in my mind around balancing. If any one defense becomes much more powerful than the rest (the current giga tesla would qualify, I think), this constrains both base design and attacking (as an aside, I know attack variety is pretty good right now, and I love it!). Right now there is a good variety of ways to deal with the townhall (sui heroes for exposed townhalls, queen walks, late slammer for isolated townhall, even lalo that is timed perfectly around the 50% activation point, and finally freezes). I also know that Supercell wants us to have to plan around the townhall, as it is the key th12 defense.

As the potency of the townhall increases relative to troop hp/damage, the number of options for dealing with the townhall shrinks. This would, I believe, limit base design, as there would be an optimum placement found that would require full commitment early (i.e. pekka smash through the townhall), else it would be inaccessible or too risky to approach otherwise (i.e. attacking from the opposite side).

My question is this - at what increase in defensive damage or potency would the townhall become so strong it would limit attacking styles and base design?

I'm not crying wolf, as I think SS will balance it appropriately. However, how fine of a line do you think the balance team is walking as they increase the power of the giga tesla?

You have to remember that all of the other defenses get buffs too with new levels. The new townhall is nice but is is basically an upgrade of th12. People will still freeze it and use the warden like before.

The same mix of anti 3 bases and ring bases will continue to dominate in legends. It would have to get a truely massive buff to limit base design.

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    snip...
    My question is this - at what increase in defensive damage or potency would the townhall become so strong it would limit attacking styles and base design?
    None can answer this, not even SC. You have to wait until the update is released and feel it yourself. There would be no way to know in advance how the defensive and offensive stats are balanced. SC may have a rough idea, but that still depends on how the creative players will use certain strategy against certain base design to challenge the off-balance part of the new contents. And SC will come in to change the balance again if the new contents is really off-balance.

Quote Originally Posted by IIcarus View Post
    I'm not crying wolf, as I think SS will balance it appropriately. However, how fine of a line do you think the balance team is walking as they increase the power of the giga tesla?
    A fine line? ....since SC can always come in a change the balance anytime after the update.

Because th13 damage is subject to changes. Think about this so we can have a rough estimate on how much is good and how good is enough for TH13's damage.

First, What are the troops dies at TH12 GT5?
    I guess all of them dies except for PEKKA.

In that case, we knew Pekka has additional upgrade at TH13 then making it as basis for damage calculation.
    The Golden Question:
    What could be the HP of maxed PEKKA that it could vary accordingly to the TH damage?

Cuz if we knew its HP everything will follow.

Guess the 1000 damage after being destroyed is a little bit low considering most of the troops got a buff.

Its not a threat if they wouldnt change its current damage. Just like a TH12 maxed out you can rolled out your troops smoothly to it.

Stealing your loot, get back to the game.
    I think you're looking for in game problems where none exist, you're applying current game meta to a future update, other things will change when TH13 drops, what's applicable in todays attacks will not necessarily be applicable for attacks two months further on, people will see a challenge in attacking TH13's and find a solution.

Just enjoy the game now, and don't worry about what might be.

| ROBERT | Co Leader | Clan: HL WARRIOR | Level: 217| TH12|
    | Friend in Need: 200,000 + | Gold Grab: 2 Billion + |

Click here for our recruitment thread

Alt Account TH12+TH11+TH9

And expect a maintenance update shortly after the th13 one drops. Where some op stuff is nerfed, and (less often) some weak stuff is buffed. Always happens, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    And expect a maintenance update shortly after the th13 one drops. Where some op stuff is nerfed, and (less often) some weak stuff is buffed. Always happens, every time.
    Unfortunately, one thing that usually happens is many players will have a max army combo very quickly. They might not quite have max heroes, but they will have their two favorite troops and spells maxed plus heroes pretty well upgraded due to books, hammers, etc. On the other hand, hardly anyone will have max defense. So, those who pick the right troops/spells will have what appears to be an "OP" offense. YouTube videos will be made making it look even more OP by showing that max th12 offense hitting what is basically a max th11 defense or perhaps select videos from more upgraded bases. Players will start threads talking about "OP" offense and call for SC to nerf it, rather than waiting to see what happens when that th12 offense actually has to go against a th12 defense.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Unfortunately, one thing that usually happens is many players will have a max army combo very quickly. They might not quite have max heroes, but they will have their two favorite troops and spells maxed plus heroes pretty well upgraded due to books, hammers, etc. On the other hand, hardly anyone will have max defense. So, those who pick the right troops/spells will have what appears to be an "OP" offense. YouTube videos will be made making it look even more OP by showing that max th12 offense hitting what is basically a max th11 defense or perhaps select videos from more upgraded bases. Players will start threads talking about "OP" offense and call for SC to nerf it, rather than waiting to see what happens when that th12 offense actually has to go against a th12 defense.
    yep, understood. But unfortunately SC seem to listen to all the shouts of ‘xxx is OP’ and nerf xxx shortly after release. Ok sometimes it’s fair enough (bat spell anyone?) but (it seems to me) that sometimes the nerf could have been held back while , as you suggest, defences catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    yep, understood. But unfortunately SC seem to listen to all the shouts of ‘xxx is OP’ and nerf xxx shortly after release. Ok sometimes it’s fair enough (bat spell anyone?) but (it seems to me) that sometimes the nerf could have been held back while , as you suggest, defences catch up.
    Agreed, or another option would be to not release all of the offense and hero levels right away. Like if we are getting a new level to edrags, loons and rage, just release one now, another in a month, another a month later, etc. If bowlers, healers, witches are getting new levels, same thing. Maybe 5 hero levels at a time. (And this is coming from someone who isn't a pro player and wants offense to be stronger than many do.)

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I must read more of the forums, to spread rep around... so I can give again to 22.

There’s as much solution to that problem as there is to a lower TH asking not be crushed by a higher .
    If people could wait ... ... maybe the Potion of Patience is long overdue.

PS: Not sure yet, but if I grind this next update, it’ll be slowly farming, and not rushing to be again maxed before June (assuming that next spring won’t be ‘major’).