Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH13 is the same as TH12: REPLACE WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ssl2urdead View Post
    You said that its exactly whats happening, in which case good.
    Which is not a reason to change things. TH13 bis st6ill weaponised, and with something different to the giga tesla, which is what you were asking for,
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Which is not a reason to change things. TH13 bis st6ill weaponised, and with something different to the giga tesla, which is what you were asking for,
    *misses my point entirely*
    The giga inferno is SYNONYMOUS TO THE GIGA TESLA!! In other words they have the same job and mechanics: multi target high damage defensive structure activated by damage that leaves behind a bomb when destroyed. The only difference is the freeze.

like i said before
    if you take a cannon and add 500 dps its still a cannon
    IF this is the "signature upgrade" I would like to post this thread before i comes out so avoid a mistake before its made. All I'm saying is that of this is the only thing coming out, its not enough to justify a new town hall.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; 1 Week Ago at 12:39 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Unhappy Consider diversity and qol before creating new dead content

Tl;Dr make new content instead of reusing old content, don't fix/change what ain't broken

This update has me very disappointed, I'll start with the giga inferno.. So with th12 we have a whole new feature, a th that can attack back, it has changed the game dramatically, base layouts, troop compositions, strategy and tactics. The electricity from the th has a very good look to it, and is extremely hazardous to those low hp units. I'm just not seeing a reason why it would be replaced, completely made different and turned into a whole other style of defense. This change just seems very lazy too me, instead why aren't we given a new defense tower? Why does the turret on the th need o be changed? We have no other defense towers that become something different, imagine if an eagle artillery changed into a tower that sent out earth quakes to incoming troops, stunning or freezing them instead of is ballistic missiles. I think a better idea for this l, if it is somehow necessary to change the attack of the th would be o give you options, strategies based on the layouts of your base? Maybe you have a th surrounded b ly area effect towers and need the giga tesla to stun troops for a few seconds on the first time they take damage from it, or maybe you have a layout in which your isolated th needs the power of an inferno that freezes enemies in their tracks? Because you know fire causing freeze makes a whole lot of sense... *ahem* I just think that there could be a lot of better ideas than simply recycling, replacing, and reusing something that already exist. Give us new content not something we already have. Imagine if tesla sill did double damage to Pekka, the giga tesla would destroy them or if infernos still had the no healing effect when damaging troops, maybe we could bring them back or alter them to bring forth more strategies and compositions instead of the same old meta 2-3 only useful troop compositions.

Next is the new siege machine, this is just another example of a lazy design. I like the idea of it deploying preset troops, but there is two problems I just cannot stand. Firstly seige machines were brought into the game as a way to get clan troops inside the enemies base safely and to get them exactly where they need to be, whether it was clearing a path destroying defense to get a funnel going, or safeguard other troops without losing your momentum. The idea is nice but instead of being destroyed after it deploys those preset troops, why not have one of the other seige machines pop out of it to continue the destruction they are meant to be bringing. I can't imagine not having a wall wrecker to funnel a path for my queen, bowlers, or other troops to get them to where they need to be. Or having a stone smasher getting rid of those pesky wizard towers and multi infernos so I don't lose all of my balloons before I've even reached the th. Another thing about this that frustrates me is the battle blimp, I have not used, not have I seen someone effectively used one since the week they came out with it. Hey have extremely low hp, low damage, and are completely useless with any mea or top tier troop composition. We need you to ring qol updates or buffs to things that exist and have no use instead of making a whole new piece of content and ignoring things That cannot be used. You make balance updates every month or few months but I have never seen one for this and I wish I could use it with certain compositions. An idea that could be better along side the buff to blimps would be to create a ground seige machine that targets defense, like the stone smasher, we have one option for ground that goes for the th, and two options for air, one that goes for the th and the other that targets defense, please give us more variety or equal balance to both styles if attack so we can have more diversity to our attacks.

The second part of what bothers me or might, since there isn't a whole lot of detail to the updates as far as we know, is the troops that would come out of his purposed new seige machine. Are they picked and set by supercell? Are there troops that won't be deployed? Or do we get to choose which will be inside?

I love this game and have been playing for six years, all the updates and balancing usually makes sense to me, aside from a few things, but something about this update really has me let down, not nearly as much as how much this game has turned into a pay to win. Seriously there is a deal on your market that gives someone ONE MILLION DARK ELIXER. not only hat but a ton of other things like hero books. That is just insane, in the six years I've been playing I've only looted fifteen million dark elixer, so for $600 someone could do what took me that amount of time in a matter of seconds, if you are even able o purchase multiple packs, back before clash store deals if you wanted to buy dark elixer, it would cost you $100 for, the amount I can't exactly remember but I believe it was around 100k?correct me if I'm wrong as I've only purchased once a long time ago, but had a friend who would drop $100-$200 a week on de to up his heros, and he only had them around level 20he has since quit the game but this shows how bad the state of the game is when you can literally buy your way to the top. I always hated the grind on walls but it gave me motivation and a goal to reach, now with cwl I was able to get 20 free walls every two weeks just for doing seven attacks, I never would have thought I would finish maxing those walls, but here I am maxed th12 walls included, with 1.9 billion gold looted, and 1.6m elixer looted. Those walls alone should have costed me 1.5b of either but only took maybe 500 million. This is just so wrong, the game has become a complete money grab from greedy developers that want nothing but profits instead of a quality game, and it doesn't look like it'll ever become the great game that took time and dedication to become an expert player.

Please consider how updates are released, make new content, offer polls for suggestions of new content, and make the game not so easy mode, for the longevity and sake of the game before it is to late. Thank you for your time.

PS make shovels cheaper than 5 dollars or 500 gems, they are seldom given, and don't effect someone's performance in the game. Also we've had obstacles limits at I think 45? For as long as I can remember, surely this can and could've been raised so many times and so long ago, and requested so many times. I used to collect normal pine trees around the border of my base and I love collecting those holiday items, but I would love to still get some of those removable ones to get some gems and more achievement numbers. I know no one is forcing me to keep them but I like a decorative borderas do many others.

Please forgive spelling errors or grammar, on mobile sitting in my blind waiting doe deer in 20 degree weather 🙂

! MCoCGA!

Pro Member
    th9: xbows
    th10: inferno towers
    th11: eagle artillery
    th12: Giga tesla
    th13: Giga inferno (what used to be giga tesla)

The update didnt break the game for me. It just didnt add anything new. It also seems to be changing the trend of adding a completely new defense with the next hall.

Say what you will about the frost effect, its still the giga from th12. Again it doesnt break the game for me, I thoroughly enjoy th12 and could stay it for years. Th13 I will also enjoy, other than the fact its relatively the same hall as 12.

I get OPs point. Doesnt mean I hate the game. But I do agree its seems quite underwhelming for a new hall.

It also seems to be changing the trend of adding a completely new defense with the next hall.

Say what you will about the frost effect, its still the giga from th12
    Thats my point: theres nothing new, changing blue to red on top of a TH doesnt mean its a new weapon.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #26
    Thats my point: theres nothing new, changing blue to red on top of a TH doesnt mean its a new weapon.
    Perhaps you, and a few oters in this thread, could do the devs the courtesy of waiting until you know everything coming in this release before moaning that there isn't anything new?

You don't know ehther there might be another new building, a new troop, a new spell, a new hero, (or indeed more than one of some), but because the TH istelf hasn't changed by a ridiculous amount (and that has only happened once in the previous 12), "this update has nothing new".
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Millennial Club
    Iím probably a minority on this but I donít mind if we donít get another hero or another signature defense. The game is complex enough and while I would love it if it were more complex Iím content with the way it is. At this point thereís not many defenses I think they could add which would be special and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Perhaps you, and a few oters in this thread, could do the devs the courtesy of waiting until you know everything coming in this release before moaning that there isn't anything new?

You don't know ehther there might be another new building, a new troop, a new spell, a new hero, (or indeed more than one of some), but because the TH istelf hasn't changed by a ridiculous amount (and that has only happened once in the previous 12), "this update has nothing new".

Dude, first off I'm talking about specifically the TH weapon:
    1. If that IS the signature weapon of TH13, then it should be changed because IT IS THE SAME AS GIGATESLA and nobody has raised a valid point to dispute that.

2. If its not then why would they even make giga inferno? Gigatesla would be fine with added damage and the "new building, a new troop, a new spell, a new hero, (or indeed more than one of some), but because the TH itself hasn't changed by a ridiculous amount" should be enough for them not to want to make a cheap change like making the gigainferno the same as gigatesla.

Again, not ripping on the devs just some constructive criticism. Love your game which i've been playing since 2012, thanks for a great game!

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    I’m probably a minority on this but I don’t mind if we don’t get another hero or another signature defense. The game is complex enough and while I would love it if it were more complex I’m content with the way it is. At this point there’s not many defenses I think they could add which would be special and balanced.
    You are correct that it gets harder and harder to add new signature weapons. But they have to to keep the game alive, if they didn't COC would reach its endgame.

Trainee
    You are correct that it gets harder and harder to add new signature weapons. But they have to to keep the game alive, if they didn't COC would reach its endgame.
    they did add a brand new defense, and hero. See you got what you wanted
    1 cor 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures