Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hero skins come with new powers and abilities!

Hero skins come with new powers and abilities!

When you change the hero skin, the hero has abilities the go along with the new skin ie: Ice Queen shoots shards of ice and freeze or slow itís target. Skeleton king spawns skeletons like witches. The point is the skins are cool but some functionality would go a long way towards depth. The people who are getting the skins, are the ones who are buying the pass and have spent money on this game for years. Anyway, I believe an opportunity is being wasted to innovate the heroís skins with abilities that fit the theme.

It is by design. The second it becomes a gameplay advantage to buy the skins, it becomes pay to win. Currently a free to pay player can have the same maxed base I have. But, if my heroes are stronger because I bought skins and they didn't, the balance is broken. And many of us would delete the app the same day.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Medatswho View Post
    When you change the hero skin, the hero has abilities the go along with the new skin ie: Ice Queen shoots shards of ice and freeze or slow it’s target. Skeleton king spawns skeletons like witches. The point is the skins are cool but some functionality would go a long way towards depth. The people who are getting the skins, are the ones who are buying the pass and have spent money on this game for years. Anyway, I believe an opportunity is being wasted to innovate the hero’s skins with abilities that fit the theme.
    They are indeed "wasting" the opportunity to alienate vast swathes of the player base.

As Piper says, as soon as you have anything affecting gameplay which can only be o btained by paying cash, most F2P players will feel betrayed, many will stop playing

And BTW, although it has no relevance, I don't believe you are right about the people getting the skins being the oines who have spent m oney on the game for years (though of couurse some will be). Many people who have never spent before are buyiong the pass (including me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Medatswho View Post
    When you change the hero skin, the hero has abilities the go along with the new skin ie: Ice Queen shoots shards of ice and freeze or slow it’s target. Skeleton king spawns skeletons like witches. The point is the skins are cool but some functionality would go a long way towards depth. The people who are getting the skins, are the ones who are buying the pass and have spent money on this game for years. Anyway, I believe an opportunity is being wasted to innovate the hero’s skins with abilities that fit the theme.
    I never spent a dime on this game until the gold pass, so you can throw your assumption out the window.

As stated above, your idea turns clash into pay to win, and that's never gonna happen. Skins must always remain cosmetic only.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 21 |

It would be a good idea if the skins could also be won as an additional reward to the clan games, so it would also encourage players to finish the games. In addition, they could be sold in a skin market at the cost of gems and elixirs. Possibilities to insert this change leaving the free to play are there, you just have to think how

Quote Originally Posted by toxic82 View Post
    It would be a good idea if the skins could also be won as an additional reward to the clan games, so it would also encourage players to finish the games. In addition, they could be sold in a skin market at the cost of gems and elixirs. Possibilities to insert this change leaving the free to play are there, you just have to think how
    Obtaining the skins via any means other than real cash is ruled out. That includes buying it with gems, resources, etc.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 21 |

Different abilities would be too impactful for P2W players.
    I mean the most that Supercell could consider is extra minor effects on top of her original abilities

Ice Queen Skin - After using her abilities, slow target attack speed for 0.2 second for 5%
    Autumn Queen Skin, After using her ability, falling leaves fly in a cone shape dealing 1 damage to all enemies within it

Skeleton King Skin, After using his ability, create one extra skeleton

But it's really not necessary

Or they could just add more visual effects for different skin, that could be toggle on/off at settings
    I do wish they add visual effects, it looks way cool to use that specific skin for the effect

i just posted a similar request...not saying having the spawned troops offer a tactical advantage...but if you had the Pekka Skin for the BK...it could spawn little Pekkas that same the same abilities as the barbarians.

it'll prob wont happen, but it would be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It is by design. The second it becomes a gameplay advantage to buy the skins, it becomes pay to win. Currently a free to pay player can have the same maxed base I have. But, if my heroes are stronger because I bought skins and they didn't, the balance is broken. And many of us would delete the app the same day.
    You are sooooo right about that but I just wanna add my additional opinion;
    Have you realized the Ice queen spreads snow around when you use the special ability so what I mean is actually SC can just add some cool animations like this not a power but like arrows may look like ice shards only visually, like pekka king may blow some Darkness around him or skeleton king may have some blue blazing fire on his head not any additional power as I said just visually animated would be very cool wouldnt be?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDream View Post
    You are sooooo right about that but I just wanna add my additional opinion;
    Have you realized the Ice queen spreads snow around when you use the special ability so what I mean is actually SC can just add some cool animations like this not a power but like arrows may look like ice shards only visually, like pekka king may blow some Darkness around him or skeleton king may have some blue blazing fire on his head not any additional power as I said just visually animated would be very cool wouldnt be?
    A quote from darian regarding visual effects for skins:

We wanted to get the 3D architecture of the Heroes out first. In this coming update, we've added additional tech to the Heroes to showcase new things like fiery footsteps, or a mist of magic, etc. They probably won't be retroactively applied to previous Heroes but newer ones will gradually showcase and take advantage of the new tech.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22