Thread: Some unfair Derby features?

Some unfair Derby features?

My neighborhood won the professional league derby last week and yet we only got 3 horseshoes slots. I donít really know how the points/prizes work but I feel like the system is a let down for someone like me. My neighborhood has waxed and waned over the last 3 years, but lately itís gotten really bad. I donít want to leave because I do have in game friends I made, but some of the newbies donít seem to pull their weight. I always complete all my tasks and sometimes only receive one horseshoe prize. I know the Derby is based on a team effort, but what is someone in my position supposed to do? I donít want to leave my hood after 3 loyal years, nor do I want to create confrontation with the newbies. Still, I miss the prizes we were earning with out these newbies.

I think it would be a little more fair if the Derby tasks/points could somehow determine your prizes as an individual, rather than a team.

Does anyone have suggestions on this? Thanks.

have the leader opt out the new players. Let them know that they cannot play unless they agree to do x tasks worth x points.

I think this is why there are so many serious competitive derby hoods actively recruiting on forums. If one doesnít join a derby focused hood, one will constantly be faced with a handful of players who barely complete a few tasks. And without a leader who is focused on derby, no rules will be enforced. If derby prizes are your goal, maybe leaving is your best option.

Quote Originally Posted by CleeBee View Post
    My neighborhood won the professional league derby last week and yet we only got 3 horseshoes slots. I donít really know how the points/prizes work but I feel like the system is a let down for someone like me. My neighborhood has waxed and waned over the last 3 years, but lately itís gotten really bad. I donít want to leave because I do have in game friends I made, but some of the newbies donít seem to pull their weight. I always complete all my tasks and sometimes only receive one horseshoe prize. I know the Derby is based on a team effort, but what is someone in my position supposed to do? I donít want to leave my hood after 3 loyal years, nor do I want to create confrontation with the newbies. Still, I miss the prizes we were earning with out these newbies.

I think it would be a little more fair if the Derby tasks/points could somehow determine your prizes as an individual, rather than a team.

If your NH is in the Professional League the most horseshoe slots that is possible is 7. So only getting 3 is definitely a disappointment for a more competitive player.

It does sound as if you have come to a crossroads in your NH, where you want more of what is available to you but you donít want to leave or upset anyone. Is there a way for you to communicate with the leader of the NH without causing drama, such as a messaging app? If there is, you can ask that he/she make some simple rules and start enforcing them. If that is not possible, you may need to send a message in chat that describes your unhappiness with the overall performance of the NH. Encourage others to do more for the extra prizes. You and your hoodmates are missing out on puzzle pieces for the sanctuary and scrolls for opening land. Maybe if they understood what is being lost they will try harder. In other words, give them the reasons for doing more.

After you have done all of that, if the NH does not change to your liking, moving on to another NH may be your only option. A good way to do that is thru the recruiting threads but also look at the NHís some of your friends (from the friend book). Some may be request to join, or any can join. You may find just what you are looking for.

The only Ďruleí for the derby task/points, is that the player must complete 1 task, and the NH as a whole must pass the first goal post. I do not believe that SC will change this, as they are not in a position, nor should they be, to oversee how a NH is run.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Sounds like time for the big boot of love.

There was a time when achieving all horseshoes in any league was pretty easy. The team made some changes to make it more fair and more of a team effort. Derby strategy needed to change accordingly. If you did not set rules, minimums or insist on people opting out if they were not planning on pulling their weight, then you wonít get full rewards.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 1 Week Ago at 05:04 PM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by CleeBee View Post
    My neighborhood won the professional league derby last week and yet we only got 3 horseshoes slots. I don’t really know how the points/prizes work but I feel like the system is a let down for someone like me. My neighborhood has waxed and waned over the last 3 years, but lately it’s gotten really bad. I don’t want to leave because I do have in game friends I made, but some of the newbies don’t seem to pull their weight. I always complete all my tasks and sometimes only receive one horseshoe prize. I know the Derby is based on a team effort, but what is someone in my position supposed to do? I don’t want to leave my hood after 3 loyal years, nor do I want to create confrontation with the newbies. Still, I miss the prizes we were earning with out these newbies.

There is most always not enough communication among derby players. Get the attention of your leader in chat and make your complaint about those not doing their part as a team. They need to be opted out or booted. Much depends on what the leader wants. If you feel you have progressed in the game and want challenge, you may need to find a more advanced hood to meet your expectations.