Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Town Hall 13 Official Reveal - Letís get this party started

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Th13 also is adding a new defense in addition to the new hero. I don't know what you think is so different from the progression of prior halls? I love the look so far too.
    I did say in my post th13 was adding defences ;-)

And I think my post explains what I feel is different. :-)

Thank You SC for adding Hero HP bar at their Icons.. Awesome job 👍👍👍 Now I can clearly see who among my heroes are about to die..

Edit: Also many thanks for adding nos. beside TH12 like the TH13.
    Inferno towers got a DE Fuel Tanks.
    Last edited by TakeMeDown; December 6th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by sparticusdanbob View Post
    Th13 seems a bit gimmicky to me at the moment, like things are just being thrown in for the sake of keeping it going.

Th10 introduced infernos and freeze spell, which added a nice new depth.

Th11 introduced the eagle artillery and grand warden to counter it, again adding new level to attacks and defence.

Th12 gave us the town hall tesla, which was a fresh new addition and also gave us the siege work shop, which has been awesome.

Th13 is just rehashing the town hall defence, adding a new hero that doesnít really add anything cool like the warden did, and a couple of gimmicky defences. Plus a gimmicky siege machine

And the design of it looks inferior to th12, a lot of the defences just being given a new colour rather than the jump between th11 and 12 where there was some really nice visual changes.

Iíll upgrade as I love clash, but this doesnít feel anywhere near as fresh as when the previous town halls came out.
    Yes no theme. All don't come together as one idea. Maybe it's good together. Only when we play we know. Lot of burning questions will be answered with update details. We stil dnt know on army camp upgrade and what happend to time limit. All r missing 3rd star for time. Funnel takes time. New siege wil add a lot to time

Centennial Club
    Heading to Spell Factory to Boil Freeze Spell
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeDown View Post
    Thank You SC for adding Hero HP bar at their Icons.. Awesome job  Now I can clearly see who among my heroes are about to die..

Edit: Also many thanks for adding nos. beside TH12 like the TH13.
    Inferno towers got a DE Fuel Tanks.
    Hp bar are always there from long time ago. in case of you either your heroes are lower than lvl5 or you never seen them there

Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj12 View Post
    Hp bar are always there from long time ago. in case of you either your heroes are lower than lvl5 or you never seen them there
    Im referring to heroes HP Indicator at troop bar (when attacking)..

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeDown View Post
    Im referring to heroes HP Indicator at troop bar (when attacking)..
    Its in the game for a very long time.

I'm sorry about that.. Thanks for correcting me.
    Last edited by TakeMeDown; December 7th, 2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Let's use this post as exhibit A in reference to my post about game design.

Yes almost anything can be coded given even time. In 13 years of game development, I've never once heard a game designer say, "this will have this impact on revenue." I've been a QA tester, I've been a game producer basically managing various aspects of game development, I've been a Community Manager and never have I ever heard a designer say, "OMG this will make us so much money," or "we'll lose so much money if we release this."

Game designers think almost entirely in terms of "will this be fun? Yes/no?" and "will this be something that will work in the existing framework of how the game functions?"

Game designers think in terms of cause and effect relative to how the game functions. Case in point, the designers wanted to create a competitive War League for Clan Wars, but we wanted players to be enthusiastic about being able to play new content in order to participate in the War League. However, they understood that several different aspects of the game needed to be addressed first.

The first problem was the low number of people upgrading past TH10. So we came up with Magic Items. But, we needed a free method of getting players to earn them. Sure we could've just given them away but in games, giving stuff away actually causes players to leave the game out of boredom. There's a very specific psychology about game design that when you give people a certain level of challenge it increases longevity. Given stuff away for free causes people to lose interest.

So we created Clan Games. The effect was that the number of people upgrading to TH11 skyrocketed, so we knew it was time to introduce TH12.

Once we hit a certain threshold of TH12's, we launched the Clan War League which led to the World Championships.

That was a 2-year roadmap that had to be implemented very carefully with an eye on cause and effect.

With a resource exchange, even adding restrictive exchange rates would have a catastrophic effect on gameplay. Because at TH10 and up Dark Elixir becomes such a premiere resource, players would be exchanging their Gold and Elixir almost entirely for DE to fuel their Hero upgrades. This would create a MASSIVE drought for Gold and Elixir until you got to max Heroes.

If you look at the most successful resource management games, none of them have a resource exchange system. StarCraft, Dawn of War, SimCity, Age of Empires, etc. (yes I know I'm naming other games, but it's to illustrate a very important point).

Resource exchanging is the equivalent of giving stuff away. It causes people to leave in droves. But instead of getting stuff for free, you now feel like you're grinding a resource you don't want in order to exchange it for one you do want, and getting even less in return because of a restrictive exchange rate.

Those are just a couple examples.
    I worked with a Community Manager for the mobile game Transformers Legends. As a dedicated player I helped this community manager with input from the community as I ran a website and a Facebook page with a large following. Part of this effort saw the selected players give input on how we felt the game could be improved. I was given access to powerpoints and documentation from the design team that showed what they were looking at in terms of what features to implement. At one point they added a PVP feature to the game and the questions being pulled for this semi monthly event was how they could add features that generated revenue. The PVP game mode was extremely broken and it was not well received. Their focus was on how to make a profit on it because they weren't selling enough credits for items during the events.

While this game team is not the COC team by a mile, as evident by the success of Clash Of Clans, I can say that I have experienced game design teams that focus on coding whatever is needed to generate revenue.

I have been playing Clash since 2013 and I have no intentions of stopping any time soon. I think that they have done a phenomenal job on implementing improvements that make the game fun while also turning a profit. The point of my comment was that while you may have never heard them say it, generating revenue is always a goal for anything in the game. Your company would go out of business if they weren't thinking of ways to get players to spend money. They may add things that are fun but by your own words you said they needed to find ways to get people to upgrade last th10 because if people stop upgrading Supercell stops making money. Players don't create ideas based on how Supercell can make money from them. They think of ways that they can progress faster for free. There are two very different mindsets at work for ideas in these scenarios.

The Clash team has done a phenomenal job at implementing new features. I remember when updates were dreadful because half of the time they put the game on its hind end and made it hard to enjoy. The minor debacle was a prime example. They released them broken(as they later claimed) and let them be for a good six months before they nerfed them into oblivion. Many troops were introduced broken. Now it seems that the troops aren't being drastically changed with updates. I look forward to updates with my wallet open because the game is fun. You are right that they introduce a lot of things that are fun and they generate revenue that way. I am more than happy to spend my cash on the packs and gems because I enjoy the game and I feel I get use out of my investment.

With all that said...I would like to see them code my account with free max upgrades for life.

/Amen
    Last edited by BIZmarkIE; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:21 AM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by BIZmarkIE View Post
    ...With all that said...I would like to see them code my account with free max upgrades for life.

/Amen
    LOL. At this time of year, only Santa knows if we've been naughty or nice. He's making his lists and checking them off thrice.

I'm hoping you'll get something good in your stockings this Christmas. Have you hung them by the fireplace yet? Good luck.

---
    Lynn
    December 19, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:56 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread