Results 1 to 10 of 10

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cannot purchase from Exclusive shop after new season started

  1. #1
    AdvoCat Extraordinaire meonhoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    LUNAR
    Posts
    4,395

    Cannot purchase from Exclusive shop after new season started

    I'm not sure if this is specific to this season as I haven't waited this long before. However please consider adding warning for players or adjusting the design accordingly.

    Here's the situation, on my mini tester:
    - Once season4 eneded, I have enough to buy in Exclusive shop but did not buy right away. Now Season 5 started and I need to spend tokens before accessing the Valley. However all options in exclusive shops are greyed out (see screenshots, the info are from Season 4)

    - On another tester, buying in regular shop is possible and had to do so then discard token and join Valley --> bringing the whole hood in. Even not being able to access vally on others, they can still earn spin with sun task.

    - Tried to contact Support from those testers but cannot get past automatic information. Of course, no option has been provided for this case. I can't even report bug/issues. What else could I try to buy those diamonds ?

    Last edited by meonhoc; November 30th, 2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

    Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

    #AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

  2. #2
    Senior Member OutOfIdeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Farming :D
    Posts
    343
    Would be interesting to know what happens at the end of THIS season Maybe the exclusive shop from season 4 lets you buy something then or you can spend your season 4 tokens in season 5 exclusive shop?

    I think it works in a way that you can only buy in the exclusive shop between the valley seasons, because once a new season starts the (new) exclusive shop is locked. The difference to the normal shop is, that the normal shop is open, just the first offers aren't unlocked yet. This gives some time to people who didn't spend all of their tokens in the old shop. By that logic you might also not be able to buy from the normal (old) shop once the first new offer is unlocked (or maybe you can then spend the old tokens in the new shop ) I think that the old shops only stay in the background until the first new offer becomes available. Maybe for the exclusive shop there is no such transition period at all.

    I agree that there should at least be a warning though
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

    I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

  3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Wow! sorry for that but you should should have bought them long ago. I am surprised it still allows players to still be able to purchase items from last season once new season started as everything would have gotten cleared out and reset by this time. You have almost a full wallet too. Those 40 diamonds are the first thing I grabbed. I had problem deciding what to throw my remaining tokens away on as much of the items in the regular shop that I had remaining were garbage.
    I, too, was in the same position with one of my baby farms. I deliberately experiment with such things, in order to increase my knowledge of how areas of the game work, so that I can share that knowledge on the forum. I know Meonhoc also does that!

    It's possible to collect Derby horseshoe prizes after a new Derby starts. It's also possible to collect valley prizes after the new season starts, but the special ones were greyed out this time. I wondered if it was something to do with the new valley season having to be ended and restarted on the first day, because of glitches.

    I can't recall that the same situation with special prizes happened in the past, though, but I may not have had enough chickens on the baby farm I tested it with.

    So that I could start the new Valley I spent the tokens on regular prizes, which were useful ones.
    Last edited by Cowslips; December 1st, 2019 at 08:26 AM.

    Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!



  4. #4
    AdvoCat Extraordinaire meonhoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    LUNAR
    Posts
    4,395
    Cowslips,

    Probably it was introduced the same time with October Update, prior to Season 4, where Nick said the team improved visual aspect of items we cannot buy anymore. I didn't intend to wait, guess I was just lazy to do anything with those tokens .

    I'll keep this one in this situation till Season 5 ends and report back. A few options I could think of that might happen, given I have enough chicken and token:
    - season 5 ended, can access season 4 regular and exclusive shops and buy from both of them
    - season 5 ended, can access season 5 regular and exclusive shops and buy from both of them
    - season 5 ended, still be in the same situation (cannot buy from Season 4 exclusive shop) and cannot access Season 5 both shops
    - something else


    Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Wow! sorry for that but you should should have bought them long ago. I am surprised it still allows players to still be able to purchase items from last season once new season started as everything would have gotten cleared out and reset by this time. You have almost a full wallet too. Those 40 diamonds are the first thing I grabbed. I had problem deciding what to throw my remaining tokens away on as much of the items in the regular shop that I had remaining were garbage.
    Oh better be my lovely tester than any other genuine farm learning the hard way. I already spent a few in regular shop during Season 4. The tokens showed are what remains at the end of season.
    We have little explanation about how end of season works, the more we know the better we can make informed decision and help others.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

    Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

    #AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

  5. #5
    Senior Member QBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    I deliberately experiment with such things, in order to increase my knowledge of how areas of the game work, so that I can share that knowledge on the forum. I know Meonhoc also does that!
    Ty Cowslips and Meonhoc for volunteering your farms as guinea pigs for the rest of us!

  6. #6
    AdvoCat Extraordinaire meonhoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    LUNAR
    Posts
    4,395
    End of Season 5: Valley Board went BLANK .

    So, I Cannot use the tokens left over from Season 4 neither in Season5 (logic) nor Season 4 exclusive shop (huh? ) after Season 5 started.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

    Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

    #AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

  7. #7
    Super Member LuvHayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    End of Season 5: Valley Board went BLANK .

    So, I Cannot use the tokens left over from Season 4 neither in Season5 (logic) nor Season 4 exclusive shop (huh? ) after Season 5 started.
    Are you saying that in addition to the Season 4 tokens you couldn’t spend, you earned more tokens in Season 5 that you also can’t spend? If so, I’m really sorry.

  8. #8
    AdvoCat Extraordinaire meonhoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    LUNAR
    Posts
    4,395
    No no, I mean that once Season 5 ended, I double tapped on some button (ok, I didn't read, but I hadn't spend any token since this thread). I was expecting to access either Season 4 shop (like during Season 5) or season 5 shop (secretly hoping), but the game just gave me a blank Valley board.

    It's okay LuvHayDay, it is quite a unique experience.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

    Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

    #AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

  9. #9
    Senior Member QBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    End of Season 5: Valley Board went BLANK .

    So, I Cannot use the tokens left over from Season 4 neither in Season5 (logic) nor Season 4 exclusive shop (huh? ) after Season 5 started.
    Meonhoc, I’m sorry you lost all those tokens from Season 4. I was afraid that would happen. I apologize that I only skimmed this thread initially and now reading it more carefully I see you had difficulty trying to report this as a bug thru in-game support back at the beginning of Season 5. I was trying to contact SC thru in-game support myself recently and discovered how challenging it can be esp if, as you say, your issue isn’t among the options available. I did see the option “Report a Bug”, but when I tested it, it appears the conversation is only one-sided, and you will not get a response back from a support agent which is what you need. I’m sure you know of the webform to contact SC support out-of-game, right?

    The restart of Valley 5 threw in another variable, and I wonder if that had anything to do with locking you out of purchasing from the exclusive shop with the remainder of your tokens from season 4. Wishing you luck on getting Alfred to deliver your choice of exclusive shop reward because in my opinion that certainly was a glitch!

    P.S. I recently submitted an idea/feature request to improve the ability to contact SC thru in-game support. I believe everything I requested should be “doable” so hopefully it gets implemented. I think it would definitely help in cases like this!

  10. #10
    Senior Member OutOfIdeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Farming :D
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    End of Season 5: Valley Board went BLANK .

    So, I Cannot use the tokens left over from Season 4 neither in Season5 (logic) nor Season 4 exclusive shop (huh? ) after Season 5 started.
    now that is an unexpected end to this experiment thank you for trying it
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

    I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •