Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Smart troup queueing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    126

    Smart troup queueing

    Hi.

    I'm spending a lot of time farming, trying to take advantage of the wall cost discount. This is made unnecessarily cumbersome by the deficient queueing system.

    Current steps are:
    1- attack, using parts of the army/spells because this is farming: typically, use up my goblins, maybe a few miners, maybe a heal, maybe a freeze. *VERY* rarely use everything.
    2- hit the Quick-train -> Previous army
    3- go to Brew Spells, re-order them if I used my Freeze otherwise it'll get blocked behind the Heals and never make it to the current army
    4- Go to Train Troups, re-order them to put the gobs before the miners I didn't use. If I did something such as not using up all my gobs nor miners, the whole thing is a mess, try to fix it with the minimum amount of work. This happens 1/3 of the time, I've taken to just throwing all gobs into battle even when they wont be of any use.
    5- If I'm on a baracks boost, I end up with a mess half the time because by the time my attack is finished, half my next army is built. I rarely use barracks boosts now because of that.

    I shudder to think the mess this must be for people with more complex armies than my farming Gobs + Miners.

    What I want:
    A smart queueing option that lets me define the troups I want, the order I want them queued in, and fixes both the current and the upcoming armies to match that, incl. build order. That'd make the steps
    1- attack
    2- Smart Train to queue up both the (auto-fixed if needed) desired current and ( auto-fixed if needed) upcoming army.
    3- Yeaaaaaah !

    I don't understand why this isn't the way it works already. It's fairly close to the way it's done in the Builder Base.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; November 30th, 2019 at 03:36 AM.

  2. #2
    I'm with you on this one, a lot of times I have to destroy spells or units which of course wastes resources....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Hi.

    I'm spending a lot of time farming, trying to take advantage of the wall cost discount. This is made unnecessarily cumbersome by the deficient queueing system.

    Current steps are:
    1- attack, using parts of the army/spells because this is farming: typically, use up my goblins, maybe a few miners, maybe a heal, maybe a freeze. *VERY* rarely use everything.
    2- hit the Quick-train -> Previous army
    3- go to Brew Spells, re-order them if I used my Freeze otherwise it'll get blocked behind the Heals and never make it to the current army
    4- Go to Train Troups, re-order them to put the gobs before the miners I didn't use. If I did something such as not using up all my gobs nor miners, the whole thing is a mess, try to fix it with the minimum amount of work. This happens 1/3 of the time, I've taken to just throwing all gobs into battle even when they wont be of any use.
    5- If I'm on a baracks boost, I end up with a mess half the time because by the time my attack is finished, half my next army is built. I rarely use barracks boosts now because of that.

    I shudder to think the mess this must be for people with more complex armies than my farming Gobs + Miners.

    What I want:
    A smart queueing option that lets me define the troups I want, the order I want them queued in, and fixes both the current and the upcoming armies to match that, incl. build order. That'd make the steps
    1- attack
    2- Smart Train to queue up both the (auto-fixed if needed) desired current and ( auto-fixed if needed) upcoming army.
    3- Yeaaaaaah !

    I don't understand why this isn't the way it works already. It's fairly close to the way it's done in the Builder Base.
    And back then you can't even have an extra queue, I always delete troops, didn't feel like bothers me too much.
    And probably SC wouldn't want to code it

    - Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Hi.

    I'm spending a lot of time farming, trying to take advantage of the wall cost discount. This is made unnecessarily cumbersome by the deficient queueing system.

    Current steps are:
    1- attack, using parts of the army/spells because this is farming: typically, use up my goblins, maybe a few miners, maybe a heal, maybe a freeze. *VERY* rarely use everything.
    2- hit the Quick-train -> Previous army
    3- go to Brew Spells, re-order them if I used my Freeze otherwise it'll get blocked behind the Heals and never make it to the current army
    4- Go to Train Troups, re-order them to put the gobs before the miners I didn't use. If I did something such as not using up all my gobs nor miners, the whole thing is a mess, try to fix it with the minimum amount of work. This happens 1/3 of the time, I've taken to just throwing all gobs into battle even when they wont be of any use.
    5- If I'm on a baracks boost, I end up with a mess half the time because by the time my attack is finished, half my next army is built. I rarely use barracks boosts now because of that.

    I shudder to think the mess this must be for people with more complex armies than my farming Gobs + Miners.

    What I want:
    A smart queueing option that lets me define the troups I want, the order I want them queued in, and fixes both the current and the upcoming armies to match that, incl. build order. That'd make the steps
    1- attack
    2- Smart Train to queue up both the (auto-fixed if needed) desired current and ( auto-fixed if needed) upcoming army.
    3- Yeaaaaaah !

    I don't understand why this isn't the way it works already. It's fairly close to the way it's done in the Builder Base.
    While it doesn't give everything, it was changed at the last update so that you can now determine the order the quick train troops appear in the trading queue.

    So you put the things you are leadt likely to use at the back of the queue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    126
    @ajax: well, since this doesn't impact the "re-train" option, it's not that it doesn't fix everything, it's that it doesn't have any impact at all. I mostly never use the pre-built armies, how would that work for me when I don't know that state the last attack left my army in ?

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    @ajax: well, since this doesn't impact the "re-train" option, it's not that it doesn't fix everything, it's that it doesn't have any impact at all. I mostly never use the pre-built armies, how would that work for me when I don't know that state the last attack left my army in ?
    Well why didn't you say you never use the quick train options?

    It looked like that was what your post was about, and for those who do, it does hepl. Most troop combination, if you don't always use everything, there are certain troops/spells which are the ones you most frerquently don't use.

    So if those are set to train last, your army in training will not have filed your army in barracks from those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well why didn't you say you never use the quick train options?

    It looked like that was what your post was about, and for those who do, it does hepl. Most troop combination, if you don't always use everything, there are certain troops/spells which are the ones you most frerquently don't use.

    So if those are set to train last, your army in training will not have filed your army in barracks from those.
    I think it autore-arrange by housing space, unless you're using 2 or 3 quick training to sepearate the large housing space troops and the 1 housing space troops

    - Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelDawnAmber View Post
    I think it autore-arrange by housing space, unless you're using 2 or 3 quick training to sepearate the large housing space troops and the 1 housing space troops
    It used to do that, but it changed with a recent update. Not sure whether it was the last update or the one before without looking it up.

    They now train in the order you added them to the quick train army - which is the reverse of the way they are shown on the quick train screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    78
    A problem that's also being solved by putting in a lever that holds troops into the queue untill you pull that lever.

  10. #10
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    126
    As I described in my original post, I use Quick Train, but only the "previous army" option. I can't use preset armies because instead of getting you to a desired army state, they just queue up stuff, ie they don't take into account leftovers from previous attacks. That doesn't work, unless you always fully use up your army or at least always use the same subset of your army, which in farming rarely happens. And when it does happen, "previous army" works just as well.
    Being able to order the queued troops might help others, but does nothing for me. What would help me is if, instead of "add that the queue", Quick Train was a "make my army just so" function.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •