Thread: War preparation

Question War preparation

Hello all. Thanks for viewing

new user here and Iíll keep it brief.

when a clan leader engages for war, the war preparation clock begins. Donations, base changes etc can happen as well as any buildings or heroes that are being upgraded can still be completed prior to the preparation period closes and their value will be current. Iím hoping this is correct so far because my conclusion is based on it.

i believe the clan wars and home village are two different environments and once the war environment battle begins, all buildings, defences and heroes values remain as they were at the close of the prep period regardless of whatís going on in your home village. Yes or no?

Feedback is greatly appreciated

Hello, and welcome to the forums,
    Yes, indeed, at the end of preparation, a snapshot is taken, and your war base is set for warday, with all its features.
    Any changes started once warday has started, are not reflected in war.
    ‘What specifically are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Hello, and welcome to the forums,
    Yes, indeed, at the end of preparation, a snapshot is taken, and your war base is set for warday, with all its features.
    Any changes started once warday has started, are not reflected in war.
    ‘What specifically are you looking for?
    And also if you do have any buildings upgrading, including heroes, don’t worry they still work on defense anyway.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Ah, finally! A new user that didn’t register to complain and fill the forums with profanity! I like you already!

And yes, all buildings, heroes and other stuff will remain functional during battle day. The chosen layout you had on at the end of prep day is your war base for battle day
    Town Hall 11
    King: 45 Queen: 40 Warden: 18
    Walls: somewhere between 0 and 300
    Achievements: Too lazy to check
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare #29UJPYRPJ

Just as a sidenote.
    Everything that does complete it's upgrade within the prep-day will start with the new Level into the war.
    But once the war-day started, changing something in your def (changing the layout, upgrading, hammering a new Level) won't be part of your warbase, until the next war.
    That doesn't include your offence. That will be accurate and if something finished upgrading during the warday, you will have the upgraded troop/spell/hero at hands for your attack.

Thank you to all who replied. I’m just confirming knowledge and I appreciate the feedback.

a friend of mine suggested this game to me sometime ago as I was engaged in a different online strategy game for several years. I’m liking CoC a lot better if it weren’t for troops with minds or their own

Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    Thank you to all who replied. I’m just confirming knowledge and I appreciate the feedback.

a friend of mine suggested this game to me sometime ago as I was engaged in a different online strategy game for several years. I’m liking CoC a lot better if it weren’t for troops with minds or their own
    As you play more you will learn the AI better. The pro players have it really down to a science. Once you drop them (spells too) everything happens exactly the same. If you did it again with the exact same drops and timing it would be the exact same result. Figuring out that placement and timing is the key to being a good attacker.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Thanks for your reply. One more question if I may, if a hero is being upgraded during the change over from preparation to battle, do you still have access to that hero despite it being upgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. One more question if I may, if a hero is being upgraded during the change over from preparation to battle, do you still have access to that hero despite it being upgraded?
    No.. Heroes are unavailable whilst upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    No.. Heroes are unavailable whilst upgrading.
    Correct, but just to make sure he understands: your heroes will defend whether they are upgrading or not, just like defenses do. When you attack in war, though, if your hero is upgrading he is sleeping and you can't use it in your attack just like when you attack players in multiplayer.