Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paper Pecking Kids Invasion Time

the only holiday was the US Thanksgiving - so kids were in school in the rest of North America, Europe, Asia, etc. My DD has people from all over the world - or at least I assume so by the names. I did not notice any difference last week to this one. Anyone else notice anything?
    Perhaps the time lags have more to do with your servers, which may be country specific.

I think Dutch children are on their winter break. Perhaps they are more civilized than their American counterparts?
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I think Dutch children are on their winter break. Perhaps they are more civilized than their American counterparts?
    or better supervised.
    Level 160
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    the only holiday was the US Thanksgiving - so kids were in school in the rest of North America, Europe, Asia, etc. My DD has people from all over the world - or at least I assume so by the names. I did not notice any difference last week to this one. Anyone else notice anything?
    Perhaps the time lags have more to do with your servers, which may be country specific.
    I have always thought the DD was worldwide too.

Farm Level 177. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I’m having time lags today that are just as bad as they’ve been for the past couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    I have always thought the DD was worldwide too.
    It is, I'm pretty sure. I see German, Italian, French, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic, Indonesian, Turkish etc. farm names all the time (I've actually learnt the words for "farm" in several languages thanks to the DD!).

I've never noticed a change in DD buying behaviour due to local school holidays. My theory is that we all get cycled through good and bad DD times in an effort to make the game somewhat balanced and fair... the bad ones being when everything is always already sold, the good ones when you stand a fair chance of snapping up something good.
    Level 95 - farm started June 2016
    No Town

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    or better supervised.
    Your anti-American culture envy noted. Actually Dutch children have school breaks at various times during the year and dates vary by region so they are not occurring all simultaneously. Also children there bury themselves on play stations, minecraft and other video games like most other kids these days globally.

Obviously it is a US holiday and one of the major ones observed at that. It helps to confirm the that my DD anomalies are emanating from the US. My original inquiry in this post was to learn how many players and where all it might be affecting. Your profile does not designate your location so your performance report is limited. My DD has a few ads with foreign names also but that is mostly irrelevant to my DD performance issues.

Yes the game server(s) in my country I now suspect could be the problem, perhaps congested or overloaded at such times I mentioned. However, problems with my ISP or my distance from a server could attribute.
    I got a better understanding of how it works after doing some research.
    For those that are interested in that, the postings in the following page are quite informative...
    https://www.quora.com/How-do-gaming-servers-work

I do not know if this is some issue that SuperCell can improve on.
    My inquiry for this thread is now closed unless someone knowledgeable of the servers that the Hay Day game uses can offer more details about it.

Someone is a little grumpy today ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dogdogchicken View Post
    Someone is a little grumpy today ???
    I sympathize for your condition but I am not a doctor and fail to see how your post is relevant to this thread.

Last edited by BULIGO; 1 Week Ago at 04:17 PM.