Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paper Pecking Kids Invasion Time

The DD does change as the day passes, I assume its due to kids being present. Nothing wrong with that.
    I just wish there were account profile settings for interaction so if a neighbourhood is set as 'chatty', kids who are forbidden to interact can set '-chatty' and don't connect to chatty NHs.

I think its mean to eject them, but for the good of the NH I have to so we can work together on the derby.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    The DD does change as the day passes, I assume its due to kids being present. Nothing wrong with that.
    I just wish there were account profile settings for interaction so if a neighbourhood is set as 'chatty', kids who are forbidden to interact can set '-chatty' and don't connect to chatty NHs.

I think its mean to eject them, but for the good of the NH I have to so we can work together on the derby.
    If you check the TOS for this game, you will find rules governing the age of players for this game. Hay Day is not a kiddy game but there are plenty of such games in the play store that are. Many adults on Hay Day do not want kids in their hood. Many players spend serious money on this game and do not want any kids coming in and messing with their activity.

Parents do not care as long as they feel their children is at a safe site and let endless hours of video games baby sit their kids to keep them occupied.

Most would think the DD activity would not vary much since it is global. But I have found that the DD activity is really lowest for me around 4 am. local time, not that I am fond of being awake at that ungodly hour playing a video game.
    Other than that, when the schools had closed for the last holiday the DD lag started and activity got very hostile from very early morning until well past midnight local time. Note that in U.S. there are four time zones for the contiguous states.

I was hoping that there be some technical explanations about the Daily Dirt in the Hay Day Q & A session, but that did not happen. It would be an interest to know how the DD ads are assembled, and distributed. About how many players receive each ad at a given time? What all characteristics besides farm level determines what ads a player receives?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I think Dutch children are on their winter break. Perhaps they are more civilized than their American counterparts?
    Winterbreak in the Netherlands is only two weeks starting december 20.

I just think it's all the teachers on a break! I know I play Hayday more in the school holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by CottonTail View Post
    It is, I'm pretty sure. I see German, Italian, French, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic, Indonesian, Turkish etc. farm names all the time (I've actually learnt the words for "farm" in several languages thanks to the DD!).

I've never noticed a change in DD buying behaviour due to local school holidays. My theory is that we all get cycled through good and bad DD times in an effort to make the game somewhat balanced and fair... the bad ones being when everything is always already sold, the good ones when you stand a fair chance of snapping up something good.
    "Farm" in Bahasa Indonesia = "Pertanian".

This thread is interesting, because talking about the real kid 😁

maybe "the kids" are people (kid & adult) around the world with different time zone?
    When you're having breakfast, we are have some minutes to play during lunch break / coming home from work at night & want to release the stress for a while, before diner/taking a bath.

Checking & buying stuffs from DD for boat /town visitor task?

I personally rarely buying from DD, i don't like the flood tendency, 90% adv. are selling the same items (wheats, pumpkin, corn, strawberry, etc ).

I’m still trying to figure out what makes the Daily Dirt get classified as “hostile” and what the “peckers” are buying or selling that make them so obviously inexperienced and most definitely kids \_(ツ)_/
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    WP, as am I. Let's see where this thread will take us as we learn from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    If you check the TOS for this game, you will find rules governing the age of players for this game. Hay Day is not a kiddy game but there are plenty of such games in the play store that are. Many adults on Hay Day do not want kids in their hood. Many players spend serious money on this game and do not want any kids coming in and messing with their activity...
    I just checked the TOS and it states in the second paragraph "before accessing or using the Service, including browsing any Supercell website or accessing a game, you must agree to these Terms of Service and the Privacy Policy. You may also be required to register an account on the Service (an "Account"). By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are age 13 or older."

And thus, players are violating the TOS if they are younger than 13 years old.

However, Supercell has also stated publicly that they are developing games to reach the widest audience possible. And this goal is reflected in Hay Day receiving the rating of E for Everyone from the Entertainment Software Rating Board. I went to the Google Play Store and verified HD's E rating which means HD is suitable for all ages.

In contrast, I also play Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, two Supercell games which receive the rating of E10+ which means these games are suitable for players age 10 or older.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entert...e_Rating_Board

---
    Lynn
    December 6, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

I think the DD issues are more related to current events. When there are truck order events, or boat events, or town events (where more xp/coin/items are offered), the DD seems to get wiped out pretty fast. People are stocking and restocking to give those things to trucks/boats/townies. When there are 3x crop events, you can't find much in the DD except crops.
    I find the DD often reflects the derby as well. If I'm working on a feed pigs task, I will see lots of bacon floating around. I assume they're also getting the feed pigs task.
    During that 3x crop event recently, finding eggs in the DD was awful, but now that's over, and I received yet another task to feed animals, I'm finding eggs in abundance all over the place.

or....

I think the DD has some interesting coding, and will generate differently based on what I have in stock.

Just as an example, if my barn is full and I open a fresh copy of the DD, there are parts everywhere. Not just parts, but lobsters, feathers, sugars, and cheeses. Many of the items we would snatch up without thinking about it. Except my barn is full.
    I've tried rushing to sell something fast enough to buy these things, but it never works out. It makes me so angry that I'm always careful to sell off enough stuff before I open the DD anymore.

This theory makes sense even when revisiting my ideas above. There are more eggs in the DD, because I have more eggs in my barn. There was more bacon in the DD, because I had more in my barn. There's no wheat in my current DD, because that's what I'm low on, and want to buy a few hundred. Etc.

or.....

some combination of both of these.

I don't think HayDay is going to tell us how things work.