Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paper Pecking Kids Invasion Time

Paper Pecking Kids Invasion Time

Title may sound dramatic however it is quite on key. For my past years of playing the game and frequenting the Daily Dirt paper, I come to notice annual reoccurring characteristics with the buying interactions.

It happens like clock work, when the kids get out of school for summer, for spring break, and for major holidays, the DD becomes a worthless hostile place to visit.
    They do not have the skill nor patience to properly engage into the game play, instead spend all day constantly pecking away at DD ads buying up whatever they can. To avoid running out of coins, my guess is that they resell much of what they bought so some other kid will buy it up and do the same.

This week kids are out of school for Thanksgiving holidays. When they get out again for Christmas/New years holidays, the same aggression on the DD will occur again. During these times when I answer an ad, I always get 'somebody else already bought it' . Sometimes the whole shop of items have already been sold.

I would like to know from players in other countries as well if they are experiencing these DD characteristics or is it limited to my country.

You say kids, I tend to believe itís new players that are figuring out the game. Į\_(ツ)_/Į just a difference of opinion I guess.

Every day is a new one to deal with. For me itís easier to be happy that others have found the game and will eventually get into their groove, than be bothered that I didnít get those 10 burgers I really needed.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

DD lists the farm name. There's always a mix of chinese, arabic, russsian, and alot of other scripts i can't read. i think you made too many assumptions about how the DD works. Plus, enough school kids sticking around a 7 year old mobile game (on their school break!) to affect your buying experience? Sorry, numbers just dont add up for me.

for every said holiday there are also plenty of adults with the same time off.

Some hay day farmers live for scoring in the daily dirt, including adults. As a farmer at level 90 or thereabouts, I was one of them.

for farmers of any age, mass buying in the daily dirt is quite profitable. Even if you buy some stuff at max, you can still get an equal return, so no loss involved.

i still have moments where I look for bargains behind the rustic bouquets and score
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    You say kids, I tend to believe itís new players that are figuring out the game. Į\_(ツ)_/Į just a difference of opinion I guess.

Every day is a new one to deal with. For me itís easier to be happy that others have found the game and will eventually get into their groove, than be bothered that I didnít get those 10 burgers I really needed.
    I agree Momscar👍

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post

Some hay day farmers live for scoring in the daily dirt, including adults. As a farmer at level 90 or thereabouts, I was one of them.

for farmers of any age, mass buying in the daily dirt is quite profitable. Even if you buy some stuff at max, you can still get an equal return, so no loss involved.

i still have moments where I look for bargains behind the rustic bouquets and score
    So do I Wussy and some days I am lucky and others not so much. The summer holidays have not started here yet and I have never noticed any major differences at holiday times in all the years I have been playing.
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; November 28th, 2019 at 08:54 AM.

Farm Level 179. Town 55. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I am guessing you could be talking about American kids, because Thanksgiving this week is primarily an American holiday.

As the parent of some of those kids, I can tell you all you have to do is shop the DD before noon, because none of them get up before then.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    You say kids, I tend to believe it’s new players that are figuring out the game. Į\_(ツ)_/Į just a difference of opinion I guess.
    Every day is a new one to deal with. For me it’s easier to be happy that others have found the game and will eventually get into their groove, than be bothered that I didn’t get those 10 burgers I really needed.
    That does not make much sense if you think about it. First of all new players do not access DD until about level 7. What was being aggressively bought up proved these were not new players. Besides why would new players flood the DD specifically at the times that I have stated. Also the buying characteristics are careless and not conservative as it would be by mature buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    DD lists the farm name. There's always a mix of chinese, arabic, russsian, and alot of other scripts i can't read. i think you made too many assumptions about how the DD works. Plus, enough school kids sticking around a 7 year old mobile game (on their school break!) to affect your buying experience? Sorry, numbers just dont add up for me.
    Apparently you do not even understand what I am talking about.

Nope , not even close. The majority of work force adults do not get off at same time the kids are out from school. Perhaps school employees would be similar. Example be Thanksgiving holiday, generally kids get out the whole week while many get Thursday(Thanksgiving Day) and Friday off. There are adults still have to work because they are employees in stores that stay open. Also spring break from school and summer vacation are not holidays. Adults work while kids are out.

Gymgirl4a , you are in the southern hemisphere. Your school schedules would be different than here and the fact that here there are over 71 million more children under age 15 here than in your country would be why you not experience the same occurrences.

So no one that responded could answer what I was wanting to know. I realize that Thanksgiving is an American holiday and there are some ads in the DD that appear to be from foreign countries around the globe.

I’m not sure how you can possibly “know” who is buying what, quite frankly, or the “maturity” of the buyer or even what a “conservative purchase” would be.

do you know that some people buy rustic bouquets to sell to the farm visitors? I actually buy rustic bouquets and eggs en masse to fill my barn so I can stack when I so need.

what exactly do these so called “Paper Peckers” buy that upsets you so?
    Last edited by WussyPuss; November 29th, 2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    ...do you know that some people buy rustic bouquets to sell to the farm visitors. I actually buy rustic bouquets and eggs en masse to fill my barn so I can stack when I so need to...
    Somehow I broke my habit for buying rustic bonquets at full price and reselling 10 of them for 1 coin. Since it's the Thanksgiving holidays, I'll start up the practice again as a way to give back to the player community. Lysannity is happening until further notice.

Thank you WP for the reminder.

EDIT: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12070401

---
    Lynn
    November 28, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 2nd, 2019 at 09:34 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

New week, holiday over and kids back in school, and other holiday takers that took time off. The Daily Dirt is now back to normal. No more time lags when responding to ads. The shops are not all bought up when they appear and I am able to buy things fairly again.

It will be good until the latter part of December arrives then the whole mess will start up again.
    Maybe some buying limiter can be installed to reduce this ridiculous turmoil and resets after a set time.