Thread: Make decor interactive when tapped

Make decor interactive when tapped

Just a thought about adding some humor and entertainment to the farm. When making a decor item, why not add a humorous reaction to it when it is tapped. Example being the typewriter and papers flying up from it.

Several decor items I have run across would be a creative opportunity for such. Instead they just sit there or just hop up a bit when tapped. For example, those cannons from the lake could go boom and emit a fire when tapped. The open oyster shells could squirt a stream of water out when tapped. The Christmas candy poles could spin like a barber pole when tapped. Those Christmas street lights cold flicker on off when tapped.
    A ball could appear and fall through the hoop then bounce on the ground when tapping the basket ball hoop we get from permit land. That big red obnoxious phone booth, the doors could flap open and shut a couple of times and a phone ringing sound when it is tapped on.

I do not know if that would greatly increase the data load on our farm files, not being a constant item in motion like the merry go rounds. Because, I am not for bogging down my farm load anymore with animations that cause that.
    Last edited by dtx725; November 27th, 2019 at 06:25 PM.

It's already being done. Most objects "bounce" or animate when tapped - trees, bushes, machines, pets, decors. You're perhaps asking for more pronounced animations. Technically would be a matter of changing the animation frames and sound file behind each interaction. But design-wise, might be too cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    It's already being done. Most objects "bounce" or animate when tapped - trees, bushes, machines, pets, decors. You're perhaps asking for more pronounced animations. Technically would be a matter of changing the animation frames and sound file behind each interaction. But design-wise, might be too cluttered.
    What is already being done? I do not see it. That is just it. Many just bounce and that is it. The animals are irrelevant to what I am talking about because they are player responsive motion items. Those special items I have mentioned above do basically nothing.

Hay day is full of really funny things already. The attention to detail is amazing, the mannerisms and exaggerations of the animals, pets and other creatures and all of their quirks are phenomenal and besides all of this, some decos are interactive.

maybe spend some time zoomed in and check everything out

blow up a rock near the chickens, tap hold and release the pigs and see them flip out, tap some bird houses, etc
    Last edited by WussyPuss; December 4th, 2019 at 04:06 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 52 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...