Thread: The Gratitude and Count Your Blessings Thread

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

The Gratitude and Count Your Blessings Thread

In a few days, many Americans will celebrate Thanksgiving Day with their families and friends. I'd like to take the opportunity to count my blessings about the game, its creators, the company which hired them, and the official channel used to discuss them. Thank you for your indulgence.

How am I blessed? Let me count the ways.

1. Thank you Ilkka Paananen and the Founders for forming Supercell and making your bold vision a reality by developing a culture which recruits the best people so they form the best teams to create great games, games which we will play for many years and remember forever.

2. Thank you Mr. Paananen and the Founders for giving ownership of Supercell games to the game teams and thus allowing them the freedom to focus on quality without any outside interference. The game teams are the engines which drive Supercell to greatness and beyond. When I think of Supercell, I think of the following statement Mr. Paananen made publicly: Culture doesn't create great games; great teams do. Culture enables great teams to create great games. I'm reminded of your statement every time I play a game developed by Supercell.

3. Thank you Mr. Paananen and the Founders for allocating company resources to run the Supercell forums.

4. Thank you Team Hay Day for crafting a beautiful and awesome game which teaches me deferred gratification and how to play mobile games casually.

5. Thank you Nick, Frisco, and Camilla for doing community outreach by making videos to answer players' questions. You are super stars. May you continue to shine as brightly as the sun as you infuse your work with effulgence.

6. Thank you Jonas, Touko, Marika, and Jonathan for speaking publicly about the Supercell culture which has inspired me to learn more and expand my horizons.

7. Thank you Darian for sharing insights about game development. I'm still chuckling at your analogy of Candy Hall.

8. Thank you to the Player Support Agent who suggested in 2014 that I read the Supercell forums about game discussion. It's the best advice from Player Support because the Supercell forums has been a great resource for me.

9. Thank you forumites for your many amusing, thought-provoking, and insightful posts. Some of them may be perplexing to me at first, but you presented me another viewpoint which never occurred to me, so you gave me something to process and contemplate.

10. Thank you GASPs for your helpful replies to our questions.

11. And finally, thank you to the group of volunteers known as the forum moderators aka The Mod Squad for sparing your precious resources to keep the forums clean and the signal-to-noise ratio high. I don't know how you do it, but I'm grateful that you're doing it for as long as you are able.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did, I apologize in advance for my forgetfulness.

Would anyone like to share their blessings?

With deep gratitude,

Lynn
    November 25, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 22nd, 2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Included thanks to the Founders of Supercell
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Nicely said Lynn.

I debated whether or not to post about this, but life is short.

Having lost both of my parents this year and having one of my brother's currently in the hospital, I am thankful to my other siblings for all that they have done for our family (especially when I was unable to due to my own hospitalization). I'm grateful to be alive, to have an awesome family and wonderful supportive friends. I'm very lucky to have met some of them through this forum.

So, I'd like to ditto Lynn's post and thank everyone at Supercell, as these games have made this year a bit easier for me.

I thank you all and wish everyone a Happy Holiday

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Beautiful thread and sentiments! Thank you, Lynn and Tahoe!

I echo Lynn’s deep gratitude to all the amazing and wonderful people here: Supercell members, Team Hay Day, the volunteers and players who teach me, make me laugh, who are deeply treasured friends.

Tahoe, I am so sorry for what you have been experiencing, your gratitude in your losses and struggles is deeply moving and I am sharing in them. Thank you for opening your heart, and I hope you feel loved and comforted to know others deeply understand and care. You have a kindred spirit here, and I love you even more. I am living in nearly identical circumstances, and my beautiful Mom died 6 days ago - I can’t stop crying. There is so much to be grateful for... I am so grateful to my Sister who lovingly took Mom into her home, when I couldn’t as I struggle with my health. Mom knew she was loved, beyond her last breath. I’m grateful for my brother, who makes us laugh and inspires me with his courage and love. I’m very grateful for my faith which helps me hold on and grow in profound ways in the deepest losses, severe pain and struggles in life. Hay Day, and you all are a comfort, solace and source of joy to me. I am so grateful you all are here. I deeply respect, appreciate and love each one of you. Thank you

P.S. I’m so thankful for the love and compassion my Better-Half is blessing me with. I am grateful for yesterday, and the beautiful bouquet of red roses, being taken to see a perfect Thanksgiving movie, and dinner out.
    The movie is a wonderful adult movie about Fred Rogers, starring Tom Hanks: “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VLEPhfEN2M

I’m grateful for Mr. Rogers: a wonderful man who brought so much goodness to children and to a hurting world.
    I’m grateful for Tom Hanks: another good, kind man.
    I’m grateful for my Dad, who taught me so much. I miss you everyday, Dad!
    I’m grateful for the angelic imp who was so wonderful to me at the Post Office, the day after my Mom died, a total stranger who hugged me and brought me a smile; who is missing her Dad whose birthday is Thanksgiving Day, and who passed away a few months ago. I’m thinking of you, dear heart.
    I’m grateful for my friends at a store who ask me how I am - and who truly want to know.
    Last edited by AsYouWish; November 26th, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
    "As you wish."
    As You Wish: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UquVCYL4C0Q
    I love this game, and the people who create and play it.
    For the dis-gruntled: Nick Vujicic: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc
    Happy: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Thank you LynnK2015 for your post.

Iím grateful for the reminder to always try to be kind even when you really, really, really donít feel like it and more so when being kind is not justified in any way because you never know what the (perhaps unkind) person in front of you is going through.

I too am grateful for faith and family and friends.

I am grateful for this forum which is among the last of a dying breed.

And Iím thankful for everyone who commented before me and said many of the things I feel so that I can stop typing now. 😊 Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Harvest to all.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I’m grateful for the reminder to always try to be kind even when you really, really, really don’t feel like it and more so when being kind is not justified in any way because you never know what the (perhaps unkind) person in front of you is going through.

I too am grateful for faith and family and friends.

I am grateful for this forum which is among the last of a dying breed.

And I’m thankful for everyone who commented before me and said many of the things I feel so that I can stop typing now.  Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Harvest to all.
    Thank you BostonGirl. Remember the very reason someone is over the moon happy, is sometimes the reason someone is very sad.

Reach out to all those in need of kindness.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Thank you BostonGirl. Remember the very reason someone is over the moon happy, is sometimes the reason someone is very sad.

Reach out to all those in need of kindness.
    Indeed Momscar.

I want to elaborate though it may not be necessary. I wrote the first post because IMO Tahoe and AsYouWish are two of the ďhappierĒ (for want of a better word) people on the forum. Reading their other posts, no one would have guessed at their recent grief and yet there they were dealing with great loss.

Then it struck me: these outwardly lovely people were going through that, imagine what the outwardly grumpy, angry, rude, dismissive people you meet during the day may be going through. So it reminded me to try to answer negative emotions with a smile and a kind word. I keep saying try because itís a choice and Lord knows I donít always make the right one. 🙈

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving all.😊

PS: watching my US brethren in heavy coats and battling colds winds and snow storms, today Iím grateful for sunshine. 😁

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    I thank God for creating each of us as a unique person He deeply loves, for the gifts He gives each of us, and for the opportunity He has given us to come together in this diverse community to share, help, and grow together. I am thankful that even though things may change, come and go, He remains the same.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it! I’m thankful for my family and friends, including the friends I’ve made here. And I’m very thankful for Hay Day. I started playing almost 4 years ago after I became suddenly ill with a very disabling disease that has left me housebound and almost bedridden. I spend most of my waking hours in a reclining chair with my iPad. Hay Day has brought me thousands of hours of enjoyment, and this Forum has been a wonderful place to connect with other players and the wonderful people from SC who post here. My heartfelt thanks to all of you for enriching my life.