Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: SuperCell and Clash of Clans - Recent updates

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    305

    SuperCell and Clash of Clans - Recent updates

    Dear SuperCell,

    It seems like with the recent past few updates, you have alienated your fan base like never before. There has always been players upset, but never to this degree!

    With the November update, you took away the revenge shields from trophy players, which led to protest from many of the top players like never before. With the December update, you make it extremely difficult for anybody to max out their storages! Many of my clanmates are already thinking of quitting. I tell them that they just have to be active, attack players lower than them, etc... but many players simply cannot be as active as you expect to overcome the loot drainage.

    I understand that updates are necessary to keep the game refreshing, but I question why you are making what seems to be updates that are radically changing an already great and successful game as it is! Clash of Clans has been a cash cow for you in the past year, and if there are to be changes made, they should only be minor tweaks without alienating the entire fan base.

    There are many things that can be added to Clash of Clans to make it even better, however, please be extremely cautious when it comes to changing the very foundation of what has made Clash of Clans so successful so far.

    ---------
    If any of you guys feel SuperCell is changing the game too significantly, let it be known!
    Last edited by GonFreakss; December 7th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by GonFreakss View Post
    Dear SuperCell,

    It seems like with the recent past few updates, you have alienated your fan base like never before. There has always been players upset, but never to this degree!

    With the November update, you took away the revenge shields from trophy players, which led to protest from many of the top players like never before. With the December update, you make it extremely difficult for anybody to max out their storages! Many of my clanmates are already thinking of quitting. I tell them that they just have to be active, attack players lower than them, etc... but many players simply cannot be as active as you expect to overcome the loot drainage.

    I understand that updates are necessary to keep the game refreshing, but I question why you are making what seems to be updates that are radically changing an already great and successful game as it is! Clash of Clans has been a cash cow for you in the past year, and if there are to be changes made, they should only be minor tweaks without alienating the entire fan base.

    There are many things that can be added to Clash of Clans to make it even better, however, please be extremely cautious when it comes to changing the very foundation of what has made Clash of Clans so successful so far.

    GonFreakss
    I get your point, But It's useless to open another thread, There are so many threads, use one of them to discuss about the update

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    305
    This thread is more about all the changes combined. I've been playing this game for close to a year, and I have never seen so many players upset over the recent updates. It is like they are reinventing the game itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoMBeR View Post
    I get your point, But It's useless to open another thread, There are so many threads, use one of them to discuss about the update

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Retired
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by GonFreakss View Post
    This thread is more about all the changes combined. I've been playing this game for close to a year, and I have never seen so many players upset over the recent updates. It is like they are reinventing the game itself.
    Unfortunately, this thread, regardless of how well thought (it is well thought, no doubt about it), will get sooner or later merged to the main thread and buried under thousands and thousands of other posts. Almost all the feedback falls into two categories: praise and complain. Majority of the feedback so far has been complaints (for obvious reasons) and an official statement has been given: give it time, even though a big chunk of forumers have pointed already out, that waiting it out won't solve the fundemental issue of the new system. It will, however, reduce the amount of complaints soon enough, as many will quit and more reacently abondened bases emerge from the lines and the small amount but highly active forumers will come to the forums to post their great finds of loot, thus disputing anyone who still has issue by claiming they "suck".

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM View Post
    Unfortunately, this thread, regardless of how well thought (it is well thought, no doubt about it), will get sooner or later merged to the main thread and buried under thousands and thousands of other posts. Almost all the feedback falls into two categories: praise and complain. Majority of the feedback so far has been complaints (for obvious reasons) and an official statement has been given: give it time, even though a big chunk of forumers have pointed already out, that waiting it out won't solve the fundemental issue of the new system. It will, however, reduce the amount of complaints soon enough, as many will quit and more reacently abondened bases emerge from the lines and the small amount but highly active forumers will come to the forums to post their great finds of loot, thus disputing anyone who still has issue by claiming they "suck".
    They aren't gonna quit. Always , after every update forum is full of loot sucks title. I'm TH10 like you , and changing/ed my cup range and finding a loot which is pretty good. So instead of saying many will quit , and blah blah...try reading Steve's post , change your cup range. Still don't like...just give up

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM View Post
    Unfortunately, this thread, regardless of how well thought (it is well thought, no doubt about it), will get sooner or later merged to the main thread and buried under thousands and thousands of other posts. Almost all the feedback falls into two categories: praise and complain. Majority of the feedback so far has been complaints (for obvious reasons) and an official statement has been given: give it time, even though a big chunk of forumers have pointed already out, that waiting it out won't solve the fundemental issue of the new system. It will, however, reduce the amount of complaints soon enough, as many will quit and more reacently abondened bases emerge from the lines and the small amount but highly active forumers will come to the forums to post their great finds of loot, thus disputing anyone who still has issue by claiming they "suck".

    Your analysis makes logical sense.

    The causal effect:
    The time it takes for people to eventually quit because of disappointment might causally equates to the wait that SuperCell's SuperSteve mentioned in his post for loot to get better http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...tem-(SC-update)

    Thus the loot get better only from the abandoned bases of players who quit.


    Eventually the fundamental issue is that SuperCell started the exponential inflation of everything since TH7, as mines' level stagnated since then.

  7. #7

    im a town house 9

    before the update I was at 5.5 mil gold and 5.5 mil elixir....

    since the update I constantly get raided and during raids cannot find anything good to raid or get anything worthy... I have not bought anything and now since the update my gold is at 4.35 million right now and elixir is 2.81 million. I have lost Massive amounts of both.

    overnight I got raided three times losing over 800k gold and over 600k elixir.

    and when I raid I cannot make up enough of what I lose..... I cant do this no more!!!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Retired
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by InjusticeHN View Post
    They aren't gonna quit. Always , after every update forum is full of loot sucks title. I'm TH10 like you , and changing/ed my cup range and finding a loot which is pretty good. So instead of saying many will quit , and blah blah...try reading Steve's post , change your cup range. Still don't like...just give up
    Most players aren't on the forums. When they notice the patch "ruins" their game, they quit. No rants, no complaints. Just delete the app. The few, who come to forums, are often people, who would still want to play the game, but their user experience has severy damaged. So they try to get SC to change their minds and make the game how the person would prefer.

    This update was indeed even more clear indication towards pay2win and pay2play. When you can't substitude hours of gameplay a day to progress but would need long sessions on daily basis OR gem, I believe it drives away quite a chunk of casuals.

  9. #9
    Forum Legend Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    9,196
    It's a quiet morning on the forum i'll let this one ride for a bit.

    But the guys are right you should really use the existing thread.
    Now retired from YouTube, feel free to say hi I always like a good chat
    I still run my twitter account it's @daddy_clash (although I rarely tweet)


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    305
    OJM,

    I first disputed your predictions that this new update will have an adverse effect on the game. I know see my error in my initial analysis.

    My bigger concern is that the game, Clash of Clans itself. With each subsequent update, the game itself is no longer recognizable to me. SuperCell, what exactly are you doing? Why are you changing a game that has been so successful for you?

    If they continue to make drastic changes like this in the upcoming months, I really believe that the game will die out. I am concerned that the game that have enjoyed playing for over a year now will cease to exist! Who knows, maybe by then, I max out my TH10, and quit the game as well. It's sad to say that... but with the current trends of the updates, it might very well lead to that point.

    SuperCell, please don't destroy the very game that has created so much fun for so many players! What is good for clash of clans, and its players, is good for SuperCell. Don't go changing what is not broke!


    Quote Originally Posted by OJM View Post
    Most players aren't on the forums. When they notice the patch "ruins" their game, they quit. No rants, no complaints. Just delete the app. The few, who come to forums, are often people, who would still want to play the game, but their user experience has severy damaged. So they try to get SC to change their minds and make the game how the person would prefer.

    This update was indeed even more clear indication towards pay2win and pay2play. When you can't substitude hours of gameplay a day to progress but would need long sessions on daily basis OR gem, I believe it drives away quite a chunk of casuals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •