Thread: Advice on new member ?

Advice on new member ?

Hey folks

we have just got a new member join our clan, (th9) he is claiming he lost his max th12 got hacked and he lost his account, so he had to make another account, in all my years of playing this game, this has never happened to me or any of my long time clannies, Iím worried that he has been banned for cheating, shall I kick or is he legit? How to tell?

If indeed he did lose an account, I would use some caution - especially since he used the word "hacked". I don't immediately believe those who say they had another account, some just want you to think their skill level is higher than what it really is.
    Leader
    BORN TO WIN ec
    #L2YP89RU

WAR serious GAMES serious CWL relaxed

It is most likely that he is just lying. However, even if supercell finds him and bans him, it will probably not affect your clan. He is probably not a risk but if you are worried then kick him.

Ok thanks both, I always smell a rat when someone says they lost there account, and not a chance I’m risking our clan for 1 individual

Quote Originally Posted by nerrad2 View Post
    Hey folks
    we have just got a new member join our clan, (th9) he is claiming he lost his max th12 got hacked and he lost his account, so he had to make another account, in all my years of playing this game, this has never happened to me or any of my long time clannies, I’m worried that he has been banned for cheating, shall I kick or is he legit? How to tell?
    Ok thanks both, I always smell a rat when someone says they lost there account, and not a chance I’m risking our clan for 1 individual
    A bit late to the party...
    Similar has happened in my clan(s) in the past, multiple times... yeah, I know ... I recruited on globals

All depends on the player, what he/she brings to the clan, and behavior:

A few I’ve kicked almost immediately, after they added ‘donate troops now’ a lil after ‘lost due to hacker’...
    A few we kept, but they didn't last for many reasons, after more discussions in clan game, for better players ,
    A handful we kept and promoted after offline discussions in band/line, to understand the situation (best newcomers).

I remember the case of one player whose iTunes/GC was a joint account mishandled during a divorce... nothing that player could do, we just didn’t promote until the divorce was settled (he’d lost access to the game entirely for a month or so).

The above to give some depth to a situation which can or not be as simple as some replies you got.
    My answer: it depends
    Alternative: do not promote, keep an eye... give a chance

So much to say about recruiting tho...

Hey folks

we have just got a new member join our clan, (th9) he is claiming he lost his max th12 got hacked and he lost his account, so he had to make another account, in all my years of playing this game, this has never happened to me or any of my long time clannies, I’m worried that he has been banned for cheating, shall I kick or is he legit? How to tell?
    He may be simply bragging or exaggerating about his lost account when he said it was max 12.

Did you ask him exactly how he lost that? There is a possibility that he may have fell victim to the scam where you are conned into giving your base away (while being under the impression of getting another account to yourself). When this happens, players usually say their account was "hacked".

Ask about his previous clan history, try to look up his account in sites like Clash of stats. If you feel he is lying or hiding anything , then it may be better to kick him- I have heard that once the cheaters get banned, their clans are also penalised-

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The player caught is banned permanently.

The rest of their clan have a 14 day ban from clan wars, but can otherwise still play normally.
    But that said, even if he did cheat before, he would now know not to repeat it seeing that he probably got punished for it( if your fears are indeed true).

Everyone deserve one chance , keep him and observe
    If he says "do you want my account" , "can you attack in war for me<account sharing>, I am not good in doing war attacks"
    Kick him.
    Hey folks

Want a Forum Signature? or Forum Avatar?
    *Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*
    GFX group| Clan=Total Balloony | Forum achievements

Pro Member
    His truthfulness is in question...correct? Ask him about his 12. How long did it take to reach max 12? ( did he buy his way up? i.e. no learning curve?). How many wins and what was main league level played? ( I've 98 walls remaining to max my 11. Max'd them all without buying up and have a tad bit more than 10k wins. ) I'd venture any less than 5k wins, low league and claiming a past 12 I'd shy from...