Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CoC Penalizing Players who have bought too many packsin Clan Game Rewards!

CoC Penalizing Players who have bought too many packs in Clan Game Rewards!

I am writing to talk about the unfairness of the Tier 5 Rewards for clan games. The rewards are penalizing MAXED players. The tier 5 rewards are 100% Dark Elixir, Book of Spells, and 2 x Builder potions. As a maxed player who have all of the books, runes, hammers and completely filled dark elixir storages I nor other maxed players cannot get the Tier 5 rewards of the clan games unless we delete these items. The problem is, many have purchased packages that include several of these items so they have 2, 3 or more of each of these items. The clasher would have to delete all of the items in order to get any of the Tier 5 rewards. If they do not delete the items to get down to an amount that would allow them to select an item from that tier, they would have to instead completely skip all the rewards for the clan games and receive nothing. This is totally unacceptable and unfair for players at this level. The way the game is set up, we are penalized for maxing our bases and the game leaves us nothing to do with our rewards or participation in things like clan games.

The solution to this problem would be to 1. At least offer gems in every category of clan game rewards as there is no limit to how many of those a clasher can have 2. Allow players to accept and get rewards despite not selecting a reward in every tier category 3. Allow the rewards from clan games to stack just as purchase packages allow Resources, Books and potions to stack.

I have been a maxed player for a long time now and this is the first time I have seen a maxed player being completely penalized for 1. Being maxed and 2. For buying packages. So you offer a package that people spend money on then you say, "Haha" I'm not going to allow you to get any of the clan game rewards by making all of certain tier rewards something you have too many of. You should allow the clan game rewards to stack or allow them to accept other tiers without accepting the tier they have an abundance of. Please take this into consideration as it is one of those things that makes people question why they should even play the game. Thank you.

Thomas
    a.k.a.
    Golden Arm
    Last edited by Goldenarm1900; November 23rd, 2019 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in Title

Sell your current Magical Items for gems and claim the ones in Clan Games. You are max now, but I'm sure these items would be useful once SuperCell adds more things to the game.

I don't agree with how you are presenting this but I do agree with there being a better way. The clan games are an extra reward and you can choose to not do them at all. This will have the undesired consequence of hurting your clan progression in the games but it is an option.

The other option would be the QoL change that has been suggested many times of having a 4th line of pure gem rewards. The extra gems may have a detrimental effect to the money SC generates from gem sales but I honestly believe it would be offset by the feeling of goodwill created by the players. Not to mention that players often get addicted to gems when they start using them. So this option could end up causing greater demand for gem packs in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    Sell your current Magical Items for gems and claim the ones in Clan Games. You are max now, but I'm sure these items would be useful once SuperCell adds more things to the game.
    Why would a clasher sell 8 or 9 books (that he/she would have spent money on) to get 1 book from the tier in clan games? That would make no sense. The whole point of stockpiling items is to prepare for when SC do add to the game. What I'm suggesting would not cause a penalty on maxed players. At this point, maxed players who have spent money 1. cant get tier rewards unless they delete all of what they've paid for, 2. Have nothing to do with their resources in camp because they're maxed. I'm just saying that this is another hit on maxed players. This solution presents a way to mitigate this a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    I don't agree with how you are presenting this but I do agree with there being a better way. The clan games are an extra reward and you can choose to not do them at all. This will have the undesired consequence of hurting your clan progression in the games but it is an option.

The other option would be the QoL change that has been suggested many times of having a 4th line of pure gem rewards. The extra gems may have a detrimental effect to the money SC generates from gem sales but I honestly believe it would be offset by the feeling of goodwill created by the players. Not to mention that players often get addicted to gems when they start using them. So this option could end up causing greater demand for gem packs in the long run.
    I agree with you on the 4th line but disagree with you on that it would create a greater demand for gems. The 4th line gem option doesn't have to be huge. It can be 10, 20 or 30. It just needs to be something that allows the clasher to not miss out on everything because one category have items the clasher may have 10 or 15 or each in. With this method, the clasher won't feel like he or she are doing clan games for nothing at all. As it currently stands, some are doing it for nothing at all because if they have completely filled clan castle treasury, 20 builder options and 8 books, that category won't get selected unless he or she delete all of the items to fit a clan games tier category. But at the same time, Supercell obviously offers books and potions and resources through packages for purchase. How can they offer these on one hand and then make it so you cant get anything from the game during clan games? This is basically penalizing players. Which is why I presented it this way. It's a penalty for making purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post

I agree with you on the 4th line for additional gems but don't agree that it would cause greater demand. The 4th line doesn't have to be a huge number. It could be 10, 20 or 30. It just needs to be a reward that allows the player to select something in the category if he or she are full in all the other categories.

I presented this thread the way I did because it really is a penalty. If a player buy a package, that Supercell offers, and then compete in clan games, the rewards offered should be something he or she can choose from, instead, they are penalized for having too many items un that category. If they have completely filled treasury, 20+ builder potions and 10 books, they won't be able to select anything in that category and thus cannot receive a single reward from clan games. Basically, this is a penalty for buying packages. You spend money and then I'll penalize you by not allowing you to get anything during clan games. This is why I presented it this way.

Forum Champion
    I don’t see why SC can’t make Clan Games rewards work like event rewards. If you don’t have space for the magic item it is converted to gems. Done. I do see not be able to claim any rewards as a problem, especially for those who have spent money and have multiples. A fourth line of just gem rewards is a good idea as well.

Actually Goldenarm we could take this a step farther and combine this with the change to the monthly rewards that have been asked for again and again. What a positive step forward for QoL if there was a 4th line of all gems for clan games and elixir and gold on the monthly rewards could be toggled to the BH/normal maps..........food for thought perhaps.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarm1900 View Post
    I am writing to talk about the unfairness of the Tier 5 Rewards for clan games. The rewards are penalizing MAXED players. The tier 5 rewards are 100% Dark Elixir, Book of Spells, and 2 x Builder potions. As a maxed player who have all of the books, runes, hammers and completely filled dark elixir storages I nor other maxed players cannot get the Tier 5 rewards of the clan games unless we delete these items. The problem is, many have purchased packages that include several of these items so they have 2, 3 or more of each of these items. The clasher would have to delete all of the items in order to get any of the Tier 5 rewards. If they do not delete the items to get down to an amount that would allow them to select an item from that tier, they would have to instead completely skip all the rewards for the clan games and receive nothing. This is totally unacceptable and unfair for players at this level. The way the game is set up, we are penalized for maxing our bases and the game leaves us nothing to do with our rewards or participation in things like clan games.

The solution to this problem would be to 1. At least offer gems in every category of clan game rewards as there is no limit to how many of those a clasher can have 2. Allow players to accept and get rewards despite not selecting a reward in every tier category 3. Allow the rewards from clan games to stack just as purchase packages allow Resources, Books and potions to stack.

I have been a maxed player for a long time now and this is the first time I have seen a maxed player being completely penalized for 1. Being maxed and 2. For buying packages. So you offer a package that people spend money on then you say, "Haha" I'm not going to allow you to get any of the clan game rewards by making all of certain tier rewards something you have too many of. You should allow the clan game rewards to stack or allow them to accept other tiers without accepting the tier they have an abundance of. Please take this into consideration as it is one of those things that makes people question why they should even play the game. Thank you.

Thomas
    a.k.a.
    Golden Arm
    You are absolutely NOT being penalised for being maxed. I am sure there are many thousands of fully maxed players out there who can still get those rewards.

If you are being penalised at all it is because you have bought packs taking both book of spells and builder poti8ns above the max you can hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You are absolutely NOT being penalised for being maxed. I am sure there are many thousands of fully maxed players out there who can still get those rewards.

If you are being penalised at all it is because you have bought packs taking both book of spells and builder poti8ns above the max you can hold.
    I disagree. Here's why you're wrong. If Supercell did not offer the packages, then I would agree with you. But if the same entity is offering the packages and also offering and creates clan games, then it is a penalty. They're basically saying, "If you buy these items that we are offering, you won't be able to get the items in Clan Games" How is that not a penalty?