Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Competitive Scene Post Update

Quote Originally Posted by BioGaming1 View Post
    Unfortunately, there isn't really anything that anyone can do to prevent this.
    SC could implement something like that tournament standard in Clash Royale. Cap max TH in legends, CWL and ESL until the most active F2P had the chance to catch up. With the battle pass they probably don't depend that much on the gemmer's money so there is some hope this might come some day.

you can find me reading a book at the end of the rainbow
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    SC could implement something like that tournament standard in Clash Royale. Cap max TH in legends, CWL and ESL until the most active F2P had the chance to catch up. With the battle pass they probably don't depend that much on the gemmer's money so there is some hope this might come some day.
    I like this idea for tournament competitions.

idk how difficult it would be for SC to implement such a method, but it should be something they heavily consider. especially if they want to stay competitive in this type of genre. it would just make sense.
    [/SIG[SIGPIC]

{siggy by DragonX101}

I don’t think this would be fair to those of us who have paid though for an advantage. Believe me, I do not have a lot of money, but I saved for a while knowing a big update was coming this year and recently bought a couple chests of gems ( which is the 14,000 gem pack ). And if I wasn’t able to use that advantage when the update drops, I probably wouldn’t pay anymore. What I paid certainly won’t be enough to max out the entire update, but it should give me a good head start

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    I don’t think this would be fair to those of us who have paid though for an advantage. Believe me, I do not have a lot of money, but I saved for a while knowing a big update was coming this year and recently bought a couple chests of gems ( which is the 14,000 gem pack ). And if I wasn’t able to use that advantage when the update drops, I probably wouldn’t pay anymore. What I paid certainly won’t be enough to max out the entire update, but it should give me a good head start
    Don't you want fair wars though? I've spent (way too much) money on gems and the battle pass but never to have an advantage over F2P. I wanted to try new troops early and I wanted to have those decorations like the stone dragon statue and hero skins.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Following that logic Ajax, it would mean that the existing game is pay to win as well. You can pay to upgrade your base before others who choose not to pay. The mods have been very specifc that the existing game is NOT pay to win and that paying only allows you to upgrade quicker (and of course upgrading quicker means that for some period of time that you will win more often). i understand that it may FEEL like pay to win (which is what the OP suggested)and as you suggest but it would not truly qualify as really paying to win based on a concise definition.
    I was only saying it is pay to win if there are contests in the first few months which allow TH13 to enter.

Anything else, it is indeed just a matter of time.

But those who do not seriously gem their TH13 will not be in a position to enter any such contests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    The difference is that at the moment, F2P can also be maxed. They had enough time to catch up.
    No, that isn't the difference at all.

The difference is that all contestst there have been to date have been onies where F2P players had a reasonable chance of being able to enter competitively.

For a few months after TH13 drops, IF there are contests open to TH13, that will not be the case.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    ESL yes, the others no.
    My stats (main account)

I look at it as I’m happy the big spenders have reason to spend money and it should help them in the next couple CWLs to encourage them to do it. That money is what keeps this game I love going. Spend away and get some wins, you deserve it.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Terminologies:
    F2P - players who spend nothing
    P2W (Pay-to-Win) - players gaining/acquiring items through actual money giving an upperhand to F2P (They got GM items with lots of additional stats cannot be acquired through loot).

Can you Prove to me: Clash of Clans P2W?"

1.What are the items "Big Spenders" can get that F2P cant (beside skin) ?

2.Besides faster Upgrades, what are the benefit of a "Big Spender" that a F2P dont have?

I know being "First" is an issue for others, but at the end of the day, it is who could "Last" that Top spot matters.
    Last edited by TakeMeDown; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:26 AM.

For me I am just hoping there isn’t too much content to grind.... don’t give us 40 new hero levels at one shot.

spread it out.