Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Situation of farming bots ?

Situation of farming bots ?

i have been out of the game for a while, i just got back a few days ago, but it seems to me that nothing has changed on the farming bots issue... my account (mid th12 lingering at 1.300 trophies) is hit many times all nights (mostly from China...), 90% of times with the same army composition and strategy.. some giants, barbarians and archers, deployed in this order at light speed , one side at a time.... (last time i checked, we humans have 10 fingers, not 100.....)

...and, if i have full dark elixir extractors, i get hit with 2 lightnings each...

SC this is so clear a cheating, that i'm beginning to think that you just tolerate it...otherwise those accounts would have been banned a long time ago)

if so, please say it out loud, so that everyone can do it and we will all be at the same level....
    Last edited by fabstar68; November 22nd, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

Their fair play policies state that this isn’t allowed. You should report them to in game support

It might be a player tooo , or a Bot

Quote Originally Posted by fabstar68 View Post
    i have been out of the game for a while, i just got back a few days ago, but it seems to me that nothing has changed on the farming bots issue... my account (mid th12 lingering at 1.300 trophies) is hit many times all nights (mostly from China...), 90% of times with the same army composition and strategy.. some giants, barbarians and archers, deployed in this order at light speed , one side at a time.... (last time i checked, we humans have 10 fingers, not 100.....)

...and, if i have full dark elixir extractors, i get hit with 2 lightnings each...

SC this is so clear a cheating, that i'm beginning to think that you just tolerate it...otherwise those accounts would have been banned a long time ago)

if so, please say it out loud, so that everyone can do it and we will all be at the same level....
    Yes , you might be right ...

But sometimes there can be a bot , maybe a player too...

Supercell bans in forms of waves and lots of accounts get banned , Using of bots has been limited to fair amount now , still new tech gets invented and players find way to exploit , But I think they'll get banned ASAP...

Many players can deploy Barch at an amazing speed bcoz of iPad's or large screen devices...

On your end , you can try reporting them to Support
    Last edited by YashKadam280; November 22nd, 2019 at 03:01 PM.

"SC this is so clear a cheating, that i'm beginning to think that you just tolerate it...otherwise those accounts would have been banned a long time ago"

That is a fairly bold unsubstantiated statement to make given that SC has made innumerable statements regarding their efforts to crack down on those that attempt to bias the game in their favour and do not tolerate cheaters. SC has not and I suspect will continue to not broadcast statistical information on their efforts towards cheaters in the game.

It is the old speeding analogy at play here - you can catch some but cannot catch all.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

They have caught and banned bot players. Does that mean they have detected all such users? No, but it does show they take the issue seriously and are aggressively pursuing. With other past ban waves, there were several waves over time, it took multiple iterations of waves. As others noted, report then trust they are not ignoring the issue.

I too had many bot like defends at very low Trophy levels (cellar dwelling) while farming defends: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ul-defenses%29. If they bother you too much (are like gnats buzzing around your head), up trophies and you will not see them often (very rarely). A Mid 12 can easily survive, and thrive, at much higher trophy levels than 1.3k. If you are bottom dwelling to farm defends, read through the post I linked above. It has good suggestions on how to rack up defends quickly, so that you can then get away from those buzzing gnats!
    Last edited by rowman; November 22nd, 2019 at 03:31 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    We recently had a ban wave that removed a very large number of botting and modding players. So to say we allow it or tolerate it is a bit incorrect. We don't do bans individually, as like in Jurassic Park, it would allow the creators of those programs to test the fences with each individual ban. By doing them in waves, we don't catch all of them but we do catch enough of them to make them question what it was that triggered our alarm system.

We also rarely ever publish the sheer number caught in mass bans for the same specific reason; we don't want to show our hand in how we detect them or what it is we look for when we do mass bans.

We still recommend you report any suspicious behavior as our anti-fraud team will still investigate it. Just keep in mind that actions against the reported account may not be, or will unlikely be immediate. Simply reporting it is enough for your Clash Civic Duty, but if you're looking for vindictive gratification then I am sorry to say that is something we cannot provide.

Keep in mind not all activity is bot-related. There are some players who can play with very bot-like precision, and there have been some bots that are pretty decent at mimicking human-like play styles. Case in point, anecdotally I've seen players who can deploy their troops in a line that would be very reminiscent of a bot simply because she's a professional piano player and her finger precision is absolutely mind-boggling.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We recently had a ban wave that removed a very large number of botting and modding players. So to say we allow it or tolerate it is a bit incorrect. We don't do bans individually, as like in Jurassic Park, it would allow the creators of those programs to test the fences with each individual ban. By doing them in waves, we don't catch all of them but we do catch enough of them to make them question what it was that triggered our alarm system.

We also rarely ever publish the sheer number caught in mass bans for the same specific reason; we don't want to show our hand in how we detect them or what it is we look for when we do mass bans.

We still recommend you report any suspicious behavior as our anti-fraud team will still investigate it. Just keep in mind that actions against the reported account may not be, or will unlikely be immediate. Simply reporting it is enough for your Clash Civic Duty, but if you're looking for vindictive gratification then I am sorry to say that is something we cannot provide.

Keep in mind not all activity is bot-related. There are some players who can play with very bot-like precision, and there have been some bots that are pretty decent at mimicking human-like play styles. Case in point, anecdotally I've seen players who can deploy their troops in a line that would be very reminiscent of a bot simply because she's a professional piano player and her finger precision is absolutely mind-boggling.
    Since the rework of in-game help and support, I can't find how to post screenshots anywhere, could you enlighten us?

I get hit by pretty obvious bot attacks often as I sit low with maxed base. Players with names in Chinese alphabet. Last couple of weeks there was a bot decline, hope for the best! I really enjoy real defenses, it is a very entertaining part of the game!

Please explain how lighting on your DE drills indicate a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by PUREAWE View Post
    I get hit by pretty obvious bot attacks often as I sit low with maxed base. Players with names in Chinese alphabet. Last couple of weeks there was a bot decline, hope for the best! I really enjoy real defenses, it is a very entertaining part of the game!
    If you enjoy "real defenses" why are you sitting low?

Quote Originally Posted by YashKadam280 View Post
    Yes , you might be right ...

But sometimes there can be a bot maybe a player too...

On your end , you can try reporting them to Support
    I used to believe it could be a player.
    Then I went to my defense log and watched a few gibarch attacks as they hit me while I sleep.
    I no longer believe in players. It is just a bot.
    Teacher says, every time a bell rings a bot gets his ban.
    Last edited by PapaTroll; November 22nd, 2019 at 08:14 PM.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.