Thread: Donation Idea

Donation Idea

Okay so as of now you have to type what you want when you request a donation. What if they changed it to where when you click to start a request, it shows the pictures of the troops and spells(same selfie pics that are on training barracks) you want instead of having to type them out. You would click on the pictures of the troops you want that matches your CC troop capacity. It would also stop wrong troops/spells from being donated to you.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaFun98 View Post
    Okay so as of now you have to type what you want when you request a donation. What if they changed it to where when you click to start a request, it shows the pictures of the troops and spells(same selfie pics that are on training barracks) you want instead of having to type them out. You would click on the pictures of the troops you want that matches your CC troop capacity. It would also stop wrong troops/spells from being donated to you.
    This interface has been suggested before. It would be a welcome change for me. The implementation would need to be refined and elegant though. Would hate to see another broken fancy tool.

Let's say you have a 30 space CC and you want a dragon and 2 loons, or a baby dragon and 4 loons. Note that you don't want a dragon and a baby dragon together, nor do you want 6 loons. How would you specify that using your proposed interface?

What about the minimum levels of troops that you would accept? How would your interface accommodate that?

What happens if you request a lava hound, but then the only clanmate online says they don't have a hound but they have 6 loons. You decide you'll take the loons instead. Do you have to wait 10-20 minutes to rerequest?

What happens if you want "any ground" or "any air"? Do you have to tap every single one of them? That sounds like it will take longer than just typing those two words. Or if you want "any", do you have to tap every single troop?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Let's say you have a 30 space CC and you want a dragon and 2 loons, or a baby dragon and 4 loons. Note that you don't want a dragon and a baby dragon together, nor do you want 6 loons. How would you specify that using your proposed interface?

What about the minimum levels of troops that you would accept? How would your interface accommodate that?

What happens if you request a lava hound, but then the only clanmate online says they don't have a hound but they have 6 loons. You decide you'll take the loons instead. Do you have to wait 10-20 minutes to rerequest?

What happens if you want "any ground" or "any air"? Do you have to tap every single one of them? That sounds like it will take longer than just typing those two words. Or if you want "any", do you have to tap every single troop?
    Agree with you one hundred percent

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony85061704860Valdes View Post
    Agree with you one hundred percent
    These are legitimate questions that can all be answered. This interface needs to be well laid out and thoughtful, if it were to be implemented.

For one, tabs like any, ground, and air could be added for quick requests.

This is where the design gets tricky, but in some way some how, you need an 'or' button for people who want things like lava 'or' loons, or dragon/2 loons 'or' baby drag/4loons. These type of requests along with the 1 of each requests are the types that get messed up anyways, so this system if implemented right could provide a solution for that.

As far as minimum level, That One seems obvious to me. When you select a troop, the number selected will show where it normally does when donating troops. But also an up/down arrow could pop out to side, so you can change level of troop you want. I dont think you should have to account for donors level when requesting, if you are in a level 10 clan, and you request max bowlers it should be implied that lvl 2 bowlers are max, the program implemented should account for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    These are legitimate questions that can all be answered. This interface needs to be well laid out and thoughtful, if it were to be implemented.

For one, tabs like any, ground, and air could be added for quick requests.

This is where the design gets tricky, but in some way some how, you need an 'or' button for people who want things like lava 'or' loons, or dragon/2 loons 'or' baby drag/4loons. These type of requests along with the 1 of each requests are the types that get messed up anyways, so this system if implemented right could provide a solution for that.

As far as minimum level, That One seems obvious to me. When you select a troop, the number selected will show where it normally does when donating troops. But also an up/down arrow could pop out to side, so you can change level of troop you want. I dont think you should have to account for donors level when requesting, if you are in a level 10 clan, and you request max bowlers it should be implied that lvl 2 bowlers are max, the program implemented should account for that.
    That's all very nice but I think that is too much work for the programers making it without errors to correct and right now they are trying to fix the recruitment thing. So I believe that this caracteristic will not come right now if it comes some day

Quote Originally Posted by Tony85061704860Valdes View Post
    That's all very nice but I think that is too much work for the programers making it without errors to correct and right now they are trying to fix the recruitment thing. So I believe that this caracteristic will not come right now if it comes some day
    Exactly. It's a ton of work for an extremely complex interface, and for what? To prevent toxic clan members from donating the wrong thing. We don't have that problem because we know how to manage our clan. Why would Supercell expend all of that effort to fix something that really isn't their problem and it already has a solution?