Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Connection Lapse Disaster

Connection Lapse Disaster

My WiFi occasionally reconnected itself for a couple of secs and this causes the game to reboot. That's fine by me, but could I please, please resume whichever battle I was in from wherever the timer has reached by then? It's very annoying and tiresome to lose a battle without having a chance to do anything.
    For example, if I spawn an Archer and the connection resets, the game reloads and I'm back by the time just 2 min are left, it'd be fair if I could spawn other units and take the battle from that point on.
    I'm sure this is a common problem, please consider this.
    Cheers.

I would like it but it will cause it to be abused

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by OvercookedPekka View Post
    My WiFi occasionally reconnected itself for a couple of secs and this causes the game to reboot. That's fine by me, but could I please, please resume whichever battle I was in from wherever the timer has reached by then? It's very annoying and tiresome to lose a battle without having a chance to do anything.
    For example, if I spawn an Archer and the connection resets, the game reloads and I'm back by the time just 2 min are left, it'd be fair if I could spawn other units and take the battle from that point on.
    Cheers.
    Would be nice, but answer my question as well: would you accept everyone else's reboot like you said? Don't get me wrong, it is kinda annoying. Keep in mind though, if you get to benefit from it...others will too. And you'll never know if that disconnect could mean the difference between someone failing to even 1 star you, or completely destroying your base.

Quote Originally Posted by OvercookedPekka View Post
    Cheers.
    No offense but this sounds like more of a WiFi concern than a game concern. Fix the Wifi and the issue goes away....

A game won't be fun if you got some cheat that always helps you win. If this is implemented, everyone gets a fair chance, not just myself.
    As for getting abused, like I said, the timer would go on counting down even as you're disconnected, but it helps those who get disconnected for just a sec now and then because of their WiFi.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    I would like it but it will cause it to be abused
    How?

I genuinely cannot think of a way this could be abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    No offense but this sounds like more of a WiFi concern than a game concern. Fix the Wifi and the issue goes away....
    So you think we are miracle workers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    How?

Do a forum search for the term “ghosting”. CoC used to let you come back after a connection loss and it was abused to the fullest.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 1 Week Ago at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Do a forum search for the term “ghosting”. CoC used to let you come back after a connection loss and it was abused to the fullest.
    ^^^^
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    How?

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    And?? How is it abused? You still did not explain that. So players would abuse it by purposely disconecting and coming back to the battle with less time on the clock? Please explain to me with the clock still counting down while you are disconnected how it can be abused?? YOU explain it. Once the battle starts you have 3 minutes and 30 seconds to scout a base and attack. And whether you disconnect or not, if that timer just keeps on going then there is no room fot abuse. The "ghosting" to which you are reffering was from before when there wasnt 24 hour cool down on editing bases and when you were in the first 30 seconds of scouting and disconnected it stopped the clock. With then
    24 hour cool down today and if the clocked kept running just like in clash royale when you disconnect, there is no way it can be abused now. Now if you still believe it can be abused, please.....YOU elaborate since you claim it can still be abused.