Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Connection Lapse Disaster

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    And?? How is it abused? You still did not explain that. So players would abuse it by purposely disconecting and coming back to the battle with less time on the clock? Please explain to me with the clock still counting down while you are disconnected how it can be abused?? YOU explain it. Once the battle starts you have 3 minutes and 30 seconds to scout a base and attack. And whether you disconnect or not, if that timer just keeps on going then there is no room fot abuse. The "ghosting" to which you are reffering was from before when there wasnt 24 hour cool down on editing bases and when you were in the first 30 seconds of scouting and disconnected it stopped the clock. With then
    24 hour cool down today and if the clocked kept running just like in clash royale when you disconnect, there is no way it can be abused now. Now if you still believe it can be abused, please.....YOU elaborate since you claim it can still be abused.
    Explaining the exploit would likely violate forum rules. But you can find many threads concerning this. Players were mad. It was problem enough that SC made changes.

edit: It was abused during war attacks, not during scouts. Again, lots of information available on it if you look.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Explaining the exploit would likely violate forum rules. But you can find many threads concerning this. Players were mad. It was problem enough that SC made changes.

edit: It was abused during war attacks, not during scouts. Again, lots of information available on it if you look.
    Right but again even in war once you start the attack and disconnect, if the attack stays active and the timer keeps ticking, which would be the difference now, it would no longer be abused like before. You log back on and your automatically put back into your active attack. There would.ne NOTHING else you could do untill the attack ends or the timer runs put. Just the same as if you never disconnected in the first place. It can be done that way but you seem to not want to listen to reason so whatever habe a great day.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Do a forum search for the term “ghosting”. CoC used to let you come back after a connection loss and it was abused to the fullest.
    Completely different.

Please give some idea how you believe this suggestion could conceivably be abused.

There is nothing you can do during tbose 10-30 seconds while you are reconnecting, and when you get back on, the battle will have progressed by that much, without any input from you, and all you can now do is drop any troops/spells heroes that you hadn't dropped when you lost connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14

Please tell us exactly how it would be abused. I have no idea what forum rule you think it would break. It isn't a current exploit or cheat.
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Completely different.

Please give some idea how you believe this suggestion could conceivably be abused.

There is nothing you can do during tbose 10-30 seconds while you are reconnecting, and when you get back on, the battle will have progressed by that much, without any input from you, and all you can now do is drop any troops/spells heroes that you hadn't dropped when you lost connection.
    Exactly this.

I agree it remains a thing that can be improved. I also am annoyed by the lack of reconnect and continue options. Have to switch to 4G first if I want to make 100% sure I can finish the attack without being kicked of due to a network glitch.

Do a forum search for the term “ghosting”. CoC used to let you come back after a connection loss and it was abused to the fullest.
    haha you are really the one that should do search on ghosting, letting come back to battle has nothing to do with ghosting. Ghosting was when you turn off your wifi THEN attack, so the server wouldn’t count it as an attack, so you keep your 2 war attacks. It has been fixed by changing the way you attack and now you can’t attack a base without connection
      I am a kid looking for amusement

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So you think we are miracle workers?
    Shoot me a PM and I can fix any wifi issue you have. Wireless Engineer by trade and always glad to help. As to your post above that yes it would get abused even more than the current ghosting glitch is abused already. Ghosting is alive and well and VERY easy to still use if you have no scruples and care to cheat......no need to make it even easier for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    haha you are really the one that should do search on ghosting, letting come back to battle has nothing to do with ghosting. Ghosting was when you turn off your wifi THEN attack, so the server wouldn’t count it as an attack, so you keep your 2 war attacks. It has been fixed by changing the way you attack and now you can’t attack a base without connection
    It hasn't been fixed. It just takes a little more skill to do it now.....it was "patched" so the general public cant do it with the flick of a switch.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by carmour987 View Post
    Shoot me a PM and I can fix any wifi issue you have. Wireless Engineer by trade and always glad to help.
    If you believe you can fix any connection issue people have, then you are an incompetent Wireless Engineer.

You may be able to fix any problem caused by issues with the router, or by the premises blocking signal. But most issues people have aren't that type of issue. You certainly couldn't fix the issues I currently have that caused me to lose two legends attacks last night (one on each account). At the moment (and for another week) I am spending most if the evening in a house with no landline, so have to use my mobile phone as a hotspot. And my signal varies between 4G and H.

At 4G or H+, playing is fine, but if it drops to H during an attack, that usually means a disconnect.

As to your post above that yes it would get abused even more than the current ghosting glitch is abused already. Ghosting is alive and well and VERY easy to still use if you have no scruples and care to cheat......no need to make it even easier for the masses.
    As I said before, if you believe there could be any possible way to abuse it. I genuinely cannot think of one.
    My stats (main account)