Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Surprised with the Anti-leak aspect at Supercell

Pro Member
    Comming from a high tech company I would say there are no accidental leaks. If I would "leak" informations that void my contract or NDA with our customes I would get fired.
    So it might has to do with the profesonlity of your NDA partners. And yes I know the game industy is different from my working world.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #92
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Comming from a high tech company I would say there are no accidental leaks. If I would "leak" informations that void my contract or NDA with our customes I would get fired.
    So it might has to do with the profesonlity of your NDA partners. And yes I know the game industy is different from my working world.

You're partly correct. We're not a military institution or Silicon Valley tech company. These kinds of leaks aren't going to sink our company or lead to corporate espionage. Leaks of this nature in the video game industry are rarely ever severe to the point they cause massive shares selloffs. So we approach them with a proportionate level of strictness.

Furthermore, many content creators make their living off the content they make. And while, yes, leaks are unfortunate, the last thing we want to do is interfere with someone's ability to put food on the table for their families. Moreover, we rely on our content creators to help create hype for the updates and also maintain hype for the lifetime of the game. Without them, Clash would probably be a very different game today. Mobile games are very reliant on their content creators/influencers...not just CoC. So we do try to maintain as much of a symbiotic relationship as possible.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    Well it still is accidental, but what you mean is it is punished the same either way. I do get your point, though. The more severe the punishment, the more careful the NDA partners will be.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Perhaps we could put a gem bounty on leakers?

I'm just kidding....or am I?

'I would rather be lucky than good', as a small French chap once said.

Just my opinion: Notifying a permanent ban should have been totally unnecessary. This should be a private message to those who have access to dev. build and that has damaged Super Cell's marketing plan.
    Last edited by solper; December 5th, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    Just my opinion: Notifying a permanent ban should have been totally unnecessary. This should be a private message to those who have access to dev. build and that has damaged Super Cell's marketing plan.
    SC already has private discussions with those who have access to the device build. The warning you're talking about was a warning to forum users here to not post leaks here in the forums. I don't think it is very hard to avoid. Simply don't post information about new troops, spells, heroes, etc. unless it has already been announced by SC. How do you know it was announced by SC? It will be posted by an SC employee here, or on the official Clash social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    "we already saw this, we want something newer!"
    This reminds me of those people who download the new update, play for a short period, and then decide the content is not enough as if they are entitled to new content every day. Even between the “updates” it amazes me how many opportunities we have. We have events, season challenges, clan games, builder base, home village, and so much more to keep us occupied. And then, if you somehow manage to complete EVERYTHING in CoC, download CR and check out the massive amount of stuff you can do there.

I respect your enthusiasm and your love for the work you do.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor: Tips and tricks on how to get people to see your posts
    —Kooky KO

It seems difficult to see how this one could have got out and as ElectroWiz says, this time its a shame for everyone concerned. I will admit that I have seen a few leaks before content has been released but these leaks rarely explain the content itself and you always have to tune in to see the new content in question and how it works. This is different and I hope there is some sort of change before the next update.
    Last edited by basilbrush303; December 6th, 2019 at 12:06 AM.

'I would rather be lucky than good', as a small French chap once said.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #99
    Quote Originally Posted by basilbrush303 View Post
    It seems difficult to see how this one could have got out and as ElectroWiz says, this time its a shame for everyone concerned. I will admit that I have seen a few leaks before content has been released but these leaks rarely explain the content itself and you always have to tune in to see the new content in question and how it works. This is different and I hope there is some sort of change before the next update.
    There's also something most people don't consider when leaking something or sharing a leak. This also has a human cost on our content creators. If they're the ones to accidentally leak something, then it's all on them. But when someone intentionally leaks something all just for internet points, I want them to also take this into consideration: like social media influencers, YouTubers generate revenue from the content they create. While many may not see content creators as a serious career, think about how many successful entrepreneurs there have been from the content creator pool. Chief Pat is now an esports team owner.

When it comes to our trusted content creators, having someone intentionally leak stuff is especially damaging. These creators rely on exclusive content from us so they can spend days working their craft to release a video. When the video they release has less viewership or less impact because the content was already leaked, that's something that directly impacts their ability to put food on the table.

Now, whether or not their channel or content is good in your opinion is irrelevant. It is incredibly frustrating when we see a direct impact on our content creators viewership because some of the exclusiveness was lost.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

I signed an NDA while i was in Poland for Clan War Leagues with OneHive and was regarding "The World Championship" when i read and signed the NDA i fully understood what i was signing and agreed to the terms and new what would happen if anything was leaked. Couple of months after we left worlds was announced.

SC might need to look at the amount of people who has access to dev builds & reduce the amount of people who has access.
    Enforce NDA's that's the hole point of signing them in the first place.

As a player of the game it's nice logging in each day and saying great new hero awesome, great new troop etc etc. & thinking of idea's of how to use this troop or hero or do content on.
    Rather then knowing all aspects of the what is coming a few days in advance which is getting leaked.