Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Surprised with the Anti-leak aspect at Supercell

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    Another interesting theory, which would not survive the reality check for many leaks in the past.
    Because each team works independently, it's often one team won't know the exact details of the others' updates. We, on the Clash team, have a general idea of what's coming in Brawl Stars' next update but we're too busy with our own to get the granular details enough where one of us could leak it. So it's very unlikely any leaks would come from an internal source; at least not intentionally. Over the past 10 years we've had a a few unintentional leaks that you could probably count on one hand...maybe two hands, max.

We've also had our content creators accidentally leak information early because they missed a memo stating we're pushing back some announcements due to whatever delay may push it back. We've also had some content creators accidentally leak stuff because they didn't review their own content carefully enough and may have missed one slight detail.

Since then, we've created sort of an organic review process for our content creators to help self-police any potential leaks as well as restricted who has access to what content within our NDA group.

There have been a couple malicious, intentional leaks on other games but Clash has been pretty fortunate in avoiding a lot of those. Others like the silly Gurugaming and push button, or push garage, or push whatever site are almost always wrong and yet people keep thinking it's an actual leak simply because they watermark their image to make it look more...leaky?

But leaks from an internal source that are intentional are very, very, very rare if non-existent.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Because each team works independently, it's often one team won't know the exact details of the others' updates. We, on the Clash team, have a general idea of what's coming in Brawl Stars' next update but we're too busy with our own to get the granular details enough where one of us could leak it. So it's very unlikely any leaks would come from an internal source; at least not intentionally. Over the past 10 years we've had a a few unintentional leaks that you could probably count on one hand...maybe two hands, max.

We've also had our content creators accidentally leak information early because they missed a memo stating we're pushing back some announcements due to whatever delay may push it back. We've also had some content creators accidentally leak stuff because they didn't review their own content carefully enough and may have missed one slight detail.

Since then, we've created sort of an organic review process for our content creators to help self-police any potential leaks as well as restricted who has access to what content within our NDA group.

There have been a couple malicious, intentional leaks on other games but Clash has been pretty fortunate in avoiding a lot of those. Others like the silly Gurugaming and push button, or push garage, or push whatever site are almost always wrong and yet people keep thinking it's an actual leak simply because they watermark their image to make it look more...leaky?

But leaks from an internal source that are intentional are very, very, very rare if non-existent.
    Thank you for explanation darian. You give a lot of good insight into why things are done a certain way. However, can we expect to see some more information on the Dec update sometime in the near future?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    Thank you for explanation darian. You give a lot of good insight into why things are done a certain way. However, can we expect to see some more information on the Dec update sometime in the near future?
    Don't worry, I see through your thinly veiled rephrasing of asking when sneak peeks are coming. I promise they're coming soon.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.
    Terry Pratchett

Don't worry, I see through your thinly veiled rephrasing of asking when sneak peeks are coming. I promise they're coming soon.
    "Soon"... LOL. That ever popular non-specific time frame.
    Last edited by Martvol; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

We're being very cautious with this update because we want you guys to enjoy it. It truly is upsetting when things get leaked by people just because they want to be internet popular for a few hours.

We spend months working on new content, pouring our work days into it, spend massive amounts of time creating cinematics, teaser materials, etc. only to have some jerk who wants to be "FIRST" leak all the info in order to be the center of attention for a short amount of time.

So when time comes for us to release the information we have scheduled, it's really disappointing to hear "that's it? We already saw all that stuff in the leak." It invalidates all of the effort and work we do to try and make the new content as exciting and surprising as possible.

As a Community Manager, very few things get me excited more than being able to share new content with you. It literally feels like Christmas or giving a birthday present to someone. I absolutely love seeing the excitement build in the community when we get to share the next update.
    That would be great Christmas gift.. looks like my leader might the bet on the release date.. he said 16 or 17 and i said 30 .. 😂.. I'm going to lose again.. but can't wait.. I left a few defences and 15 walls for th12.. thanks guys.. awesome team effort..

Cant wait..

Great News

Because of a big cocfan who has 2 max bases and even now finds it worthwhile to play this game.😎👊👍

Centennial Club
    We're being very cautious with this update because we want you guys to enjoy it. It truly is upsetting when things get leaked by people just because they want to be internet popular for a few hours.

We spend months working on new content, pouring our work days into it, spend massive amounts of time creating cinematics, teaser materials, etc. only to have some jerk who wants to be "FIRST" leak all the info in order to be the center of attention for a short amount of time.

So when time comes for us to release the information we have scheduled, it's really disappointing to hear "that's it? We already saw all that stuff in the leak." It invalidates all of the effort and work we do to try and make the new content as exciting and surprising as possible.

As a Community Manager, very few things get me excited more than being able to share new content with you. It literally feels like Christmas or giving a birthday present to someone. I absolutely love seeing the excitement build in the community when we get to share the next update.
    I can see how leaks would be frustrating. At the same time, I greatly enjoy bits of info being released leading up to updates.

Personally, I don't need details on dps and hp...stuff that might change (but if it does, whatever), but knowing what's coming builds excitement...what will the th13 cc hold? Will it be weaponized? Will we need to do 8 storage upgrades before we can bank enough gold for the upgrades? More info on the hero, new troop, walls, new art...the planning and account progression is my favorite piece of clash, and tightly held info up until the last few days is annoying.

Ouch, nice comeback lol.

But seriously, thank you for all you do. Ive played other games and community managers for them are nowhere near as interactive as you. I know we make things difficult for you sometimes, but most of us really do appreciate everything you do.

The only way to stop leaks from happening this season is to stop giving out the developer build to content creators. Otherwise, leaks will happen, guaranteed. There's so many examples out there...Galadon leaking the electro dragon as just one example, even though they don't mean to do it, the videos actually showcase a lot of the new content without them realising.
    Work until your idols become your rivals

Thank you TerMinus!