Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: why exactly are rushed townhalls bad?

why exactly are rushed townhalls bad?

let's say i've completed all the upgrades involving dark elixer, and all the new dark elixer will go to waste, why should I stay in my current th level to wait for the upgrades involving gold and elixer? Sure maybe I will farm those resources at slower rate if I upgrade, but is there any evidence that those deltas is greater than all the dark elixers that will go to waste if I don't upgradE?

If you don't want to sit on resource because you have a few things to upgrade, go to the next level and continue upgrading as you go.

For TH10 and up, you'll run out of DE upgrades before you finish walls. So you either let the DE go to waste now or at the end of the next TH level.

If all of your DE upgrades are done, then I doubt you're so severely rushed that it will cause a problem at the next TH. Rushing is a problem when all of defenses and research are wayyyy far behind. Then you don't have strong enough troops to raid effectively and your base is so weak it gets 100%ed every time. If your defenses and troops are strong, go for the next TH.

Then hit that button..
    Only reason to not jump, could be for regular war.

If you are at top hall for your clan, then upgrading the hall is likely to create the same hall level on the opposition side..
    Although, since the hall itself carries no weight (except 12), that extra oppo base is likely to be rushed, or the excess weight his base brings will be "paid back" elsewhere in the roster..

Other than that, there is no real reason.. farming is easier, since the loot hauls grow, none of your resources are being wasted, and for cwl, bigger is better, so strategic rushing is the best way to approach that system..
    Good luck, enjoy the new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by yishengjiang View Post
    let's say i've completed all the upgrades involving dark elixer, and all the new dark elixer will go to waste, why should I stay in my current th level to wait for the upgrades involving gold and elixer? Sure maybe I will farm those resources at slower rate if I upgrade, but is there any evidence that those deltas is greater than all the dark elixers that will go to waste if I don't upgradE?
    Only players with little knowledge will claim all rushing is "bad." In some cases, rushing ahead can be good, such as for clan war leagues. In other cases, rushing ahead can be bad, such as in war if your defense gets too far out ahead of your offense (although the full roster your clan uses matters here too). If getting to max th12 (soon th13) as fast as possible is your goal, strategic rushing is the way to go.

If your clan doesn't need your hall to stay at its current level for clan wars, move on up. Even if you do take part in regular clan wars, you can be strategic with what you upgrade first so the move up in hall levels doesn't hurt the war at all.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

ty guys. upgrading to th 12 now woot

Rushing isn’t bad when it is done smartly. Even a hyper-rush - in skilled hands - isn’t necessarily bad.

It just depends on how you intend to use the game.

The vast majority of players rush their games and many do so rather willy-nilly without much of a plan. In some cases, they end up with a game that is not well suited for Clan Wars and has a TH too advanced for their offense (making it difficult to farm). War clans usually have relatively strict requirements in place to prevent rushed players from damaging the clan’s war capabilities and matchmaking. For pretty much everything else, it’s just a personal impact. TBH, even for CWL, you’re better off with a rushed base once the clan is placed (first entry).

Strategic rushing, though, is an asset as you end up with a game that has a stronger offense, adequate defense, and are able to more quickly reach the next level. Many players bemoan the wasted resources at the end of maxing a game. So long as your farming troops are upgraded, though, there’s really no reason to not pull the pin on the next TH level.

I’ve rushed all of my games and continue to do so. I’m not much into the regular clan wars scene - the one week a month CWL is enough for me. I have strategically rushed games, hyper-rushed games, and even a couple where I didn’t apply too much forethought to the rushing process other than getting the game to THx. All perform well enough. I just recently finished my first, maxed TH12. Of course, with TH13 in the wings, my other TH12 games will be rushed to TH12 before they finish at TH12 but I’ll have a decent chunk of ‘em done.

Long made short - if your clan has no issues with it, you’re a decent attacker, and you have your regular use troops upgraded, I’d go for it; no sense letting those resources spill on the ground.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by yishengjiang View Post
    If you maxed out all the Dark upgrades then you are obviously not in a rush state if you upgrade you TH.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:55 AM.

Now the negative effects of rush are not the same as before. Especially most people care more about CWL than the regular war.

There were two main reasons for not doing rush in the past; one is that technology research cannot keep up with the progress of the village, and the other is the difficulty of robbing resources.

But now the first problem can be solved by the potion, and the second is greatly reduced the discomfort by E-Dragon.

So you can see that in fact, in the clan of mixed town halls, many rush town halls have already become a trend and appear in large numbers. The main task of these rushes in clan war is to score 2 stars for max 12.

Now the only situation I don't recommend rush currently is that you are the highest town hall in clan. Once you upgrade, there will be an epic monster in the war opponent clan. In fact, this epic monster is not a real problem of winning or losing, but if someone is not happy, it will become a political issue, the real monster.

If your purely focused on normal wars, then rushing is bad, otherwise thereís no real reason to not rush now days. Just at least have some thought into it and get a good offence troop thatís common like bowlers or balloons maxed first to farm with