Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: why exactly are rushed townhalls bad?

There is literally no reason (if you do it right) not to rush your th unless you are serious about cw/cwl.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

Rushing really depends, I created a couple rushed TH12s in a year but if I'm going to be a rushed TH12, I'm going to be the most epically rushed TH12 in existence.

Who in their right mind would have a TH12 with no offense at all? That would be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Rushing really depends, I created a couple rushed TH12s in a year but if I'm going to be a rushed TH12, I'm going to be the most epically rushed TH12 in existence.

Who in their right mind would have a TH12 with no offense at all? That would be crazy.
    HaHa.. Now that would be crazy... Will never happen.. lol

To be fair, everything depends on extent.. One mans rushed can be another mans clever use of mechanics..

Hyper rushed, without something to alter the end product, is simply a donor base..
    But it doesnt need much structural upgrading, to give it an edge.. Only needs to be in the right areas.

Forum Master
    You can play the game as you want and I can chose to not put you in CWL if your base is weak.

I can also chose to not have your base in the clan, because your ability to provide maxed troops could be limited.

I can chose not to invest time in you, as your rushed base indicate that you haven't invested time in the game. This is actually a guess on my part, mut your purple walled TH12 with a low Friend in Need and a "Well Seasoned" that indicate that you don't really play, is really off-putting to me.

Rushed bases are not bad, but nobody in their right mind start playing this game as a FIRST TIME player, thinking that they will be playing 5-6 years down the road.

First time players that rush are usually young and ignorant .. boasting that they have a TH12, but forgetting that their teen-level heroes really don't do much.

27th time players that rush usually know what they are doing and they can stay in the clan where their main base is for all I care, I don't see why I should support their development when they can't be bothered to do that themselves in their main clan.

So yeah, play the game as you like, but don't expect everybody else to support and accept your play style.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post

We did wonder about that two wars ago when we encountered a TH12 against our TH11, and a first we thought 'Oh blyme!'... after we saw the war base we thought 'perfect war'... and we won

Edit: it was a TH12 lvl II with 2 cannons, 1 mortar and 1 archer tower level 1, three mines/pumps, two storages of gold and lix I think and three builders huts ..... and some level 7 walls, maybe around the first 50 or something ...
    Last edited by JusMe; November 20th, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    You can play the game as you want and I can chose to not put you in CWL if your base is weak.

I can also chose to not have your base in the clan, because your ability to provide maxed troops could be limited.

I can chose not to invest time in you, as your rushed base indicate that you haven't invested time in the game. This is actually a guess on my part, mut your purple walled TH12 with a low Friend in Need and a "Well Seasoned" that indicate that you don't really play, is really off-putting to me.

Rushed bases are not bad, but nobody in their right mind start playing this game as a FIRST TIME player, thinking that they will be playing 5-6 years down the road.

First time players that rush are usually young and ignorant .. boasting that they have a TH12, but forgetting that their teen-level heroes really don't do much.

27th time players that rush usually know what they are doing and they can stay in the clan where their main base is for all I care, I don't see why I should support their development when they can't be bothered to do that themselves in their main clan.

So yeah, play the game as you like, but don't expect everybody else to support and accept your play style.

/Affront
    However, upgrading now will make his base stronger for CWL, not weaker. Regular war is a harder question since it depends on so many other factors. For CWL, though, no doubt he will be better for any clan if he upgrades to the next hall up.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Last nite we had a TH12 with single digit hero levels try to join our war clan. Ummmm... NO!

As I try to explain to my kids (my clan is mostly teenagers) if the first thing you do upon a new TH is place the new defense, EA, ITís Xbows, before maxing some offense it hurts the war effort. You are helping to draw bases you cant 3*. My recommended initial upgrade list for new town halls is pretty clear....

Hero - new one if available ie Q at 9, GW at 11
    Lab (to push research and be able with potions to wield a new TH army)
    Spell Factory - get the extra 1 or 2 slots there!
    Camps - bring more troops to the Party!!
    Dark spell - bite the bullet and wait or better yet Book it!
    1 regular &/or dark barrack to get the new troop option opened at this TH
    Troop research - max 1 air & 1 ground war attack - troops & spells

After these offensive minded, I turn to select defenses - Air Defenses, Teslas and Traps. You can also add any new ones of these. Walls are always the way to dump spare gold and keep people Nexting past your base if there is not pink or dark to make it worth while.

Finally adding new defenses - Archer towers & cannons, max them and then splash defenses bc they carry higher war weight. At this point you dont see many true Engineered bases. I had 2 and am upgrading the existing defenses but still havenít dropped the extra xbows, ITs or EA. They are fun to war with and can really make a difference. Every base lower than #5 typically gets wiped in both war & CWL so that doesnít matter but being able to hit that 4th or 5th for a 2nd star w/ decent % after a goof/disconnect/whatever attack failure has won a few wars.
    Last edited by Gorf; November 20th, 2019 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    However, upgrading now will make his base stronger for CWL, not weaker. Regular war is a harder question since it depends on so many other factors. For CWL, though, no doubt he will be better for any clan if he upgrades to the next hall up.
    I would exclude the clans who play th12 only wars with non rushed bases. So exluding a few thousand clans form champ and master league from it but for the overwhelming rest of the million(s) of clans it is true. Replacing lower th's with rushed th12's with one war army upgraded would help all of them. They can be found in numerous groups in silver/gold/crystal leagues currently.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wsi View Post
    In my case, it is because i maxed my heros at th9. For some reason the DE required in th10 and above for the Heroes seems less.
    If you were able to do this along with the first person...that's impressive (or costly). TH9 you can have both hero's down at the same time....TH10 that's almost impossible...plus you start to get to the 7 day hero wait. If you figure 3k DE profit per attack, just to get 120k DE that takes 40 attacks....so either you attack like a mad man...or you've been a TH10 for a LONG time without upgrading defenses. Based on the numbers (there are sites that calculate this)...defense should finish before DE.

I'm on my 3rd account...and am very specific about what I'm upgrading (skipping half of the DE troops). The DE troops I have upgraded, I used hammers so I didn't need to steal DE....and I'm still working on my TH10 Hero's to max (39 and 26...I jumped to th10 with my BK at 26).

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    If you were able to do this along with the first person...that's impressive (or costly). TH9 you can have both hero's down at the same time....TH10 that's almost impossible...plus you start to get to the 7 day hero wait. If you figure 3k DE profit per attack, just to get 120k DE that takes 40 attacks....so either you attack like a mad man...or you've been a TH10 for a LONG time without upgrading defenses. Based on the numbers (there are sites that calculate this)...defense should finish before DE.

I'm on my 3rd account...and am very specific about what I'm upgrading (skipping half of the DE troops). The DE troops I have upgraded, I used hammers so I didn't need to steal DE....and I'm still working on my TH10 Hero's to max (39 and 26...I jumped to th10 with my BK at 26).
    I finished heroes well before defenses, walls and lab at 10, 11, and 12. I went to 10 with queen 30, king 28 or 29, not sure on the last. They were easy at 10. A bit harder at 11. Annoying at 12 when I was almost done and they dropped 20 more levels on me. My mini is in the middle of the th9 hero grind. I'll see how th10 goes the second time when I get around to it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22