Thread: Can global ever come back?

Can global ever come back?

I know there were many who had an issue with global hence its removal, yet at the same time it seems to have been more of a positive thing to the game for the majority from what I've seen. Many seem to forget there was a mute button. I used to spend a lot of time on the game but without global I feel it's become just a check in, get loot, attack, get off. I hope one day a global chat can return maybe with an age restriction or something? That could fix the policing. And as I stated earlier, people just need to learn to use a mute button

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Return of global is ruled out,so its not coming back.
    Global Chat/The return of Global Chat for any purpose (e.g. recruitment)
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A

No, no its not
    Its gone and not coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Jcerio View Post
    I know there were many who had an issue with global hence its removal, yet at the same time it seems to have been more of a positive thing to the game for the majority from what I've seen. Many seem to forget there was a mute button. I used to spend a lot of time on the game but without global I feel it's become just a check in, get loot, attack, get off. I hope one day a global chat can return maybe with an age restriction or something? That could fix the policing. And as I stated earlier, people just need to learn to use a mute button
    It's not coming back, and there are many reasons:

-Keeping the game advertised in the App Stores at being playable by 9 year olds. While us old farts don't want to interact with 9 year olds, I'm certain this is a key demographic still for the game. They can't just not moderate the chat, or the age rating for the game would go up overnight, and moderation is expensive.
    -Directly reduces the opportunity for people to have their accounts stolen. I have no data, but I'm guessing global was the #1 place for someone to get fooled into giving a their account to a stranger.
    -They aren't just going to place an age restriction on the global chat as there is no way for them to verify the identity of the player. This is just a different kind of moderation.
    -All the stuff wotan gave above.

Finally, devoting less resources to global chat should, at least in theory, allow more resources to be devoted to in game development. Not having to pay 30+ agents to moderate could translate to an extra clash developer or game architect or even Darian being cloned. But we can't get a chance at clones without ditching global so that should be worth the chance.

old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Bt28Krq