Thread: Allow legend league players to choose between two trained armies

Fresh Spawn

Allow legend league players to choose between two trained armies

Due to such diverse base design in Legends League (some with troll TH outside, others ring bases), it would be really really nice if we could pick between two trained armies when we start the attack

Given that we only have 8 attacks a day, would be nice to have the opportunity to be as successful as possible!

Fresh Spawn
    Seems like a great idea! Surely itís been suggested before.

Forum Superstar
    I think this is definitely worthy for consideration, and possibly a trial for one season.

Certainly not the ability to completely redesign the army, as per the builder base, or wars where you can build customs armies, but a choice of two, already trained and ready, armies.

Some have argued that being forced to attack with a pretrained single army forces you to learn versatility. There is merit in that argument. Try it, I reckon, see if people like it.

Trainee
    Nice idea, being able to toggle your queued army before you drop troops would be fun.

Forum Elder
    Lets be honest here. The expected outcome of being able to toggle between two armies is for one purpose only, increase in trophies won in attacks. If this were true then another result (although not planned for) will be a corresponding increase in trophies lost on defense since your opponents will have increased chances of taking more trophies from you. For most everyone, this will not change your rank appreciably nor will it let you reach higher in the standings. That means a net null for everyone and there is no reason to change anyth8ng.

If there is another reason for wanting two armies to choose from beyond an expected trophy increase, It would be good to have someone present it here.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Lets be honest here. The expected outcome of being able to toggle between two armies is for one purpose only, increase in trophies won in attacks. If this were true then another result (although not planned for) will be a corresponding increase in trophies lost on defense since your opponents will have increased chances of taking more trophies from you. For most everyone, this will not change your rank appreciably nor will it let you reach higher in the standings. That means a net null for everyone and there is no reason to change anyth8ng.

If there is another reason for wanting two armies to choose from beyond an expected trophy increase, It would be good to have someone present it here.
    The other reason, a small but human reason, is the pleasure of being able to take advantage of a recognised weakness. Suppose that the strongest army for me is an all ground no E-Dragon army, but sometimes I match a base with that typical big vulnerability to a few EDragons, which is then complemented by further flying troops. I think it is more fun to have the reserve army for minority bases; it is less fun to always play the best army that give the best percentage wins.

True, if swapping armies gives the attacker more advantage (and of course it should), then attacks on average should become more successful. I donít think this is a reason to not trial it.

Lightbulb Supercell should allow people to cook two (2) comps for raiding, especially at th12

When I reached Legend, it is frustrating having a comp for multi infernos, only to click attack and see the base is set up with single infernos. If we could cook an alternative comp and select which comp to attack with, this would significantly help in Legends...

Thoughts on this idea?
    Last edited by Marzander; 1 Week Ago at 10:24 PM.

The post above was now moved. Reply not relevant anymore.