Thread: Weird GW behavior - QUESTION

Weird GW behavior - QUESTION

Hey guys

Can someone explain to me why my Grand Warden didn't start following my Pekkas when I deployed them? Is there something like a "following range" for the Warden, causing him to stay solo if the troops are too far away?

My troops were basically right next to him tho...

I didn't find a thread with this concern so I'd be happy to get some thoughts!

Greetings, Nuck
    Last edited by NuckChorris; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:50 PM.

Grand Warden has a sight range- if the troops are outside it then he simply won't follow them,I think. If the troops he was following somehow escaped this range( due to haste or rage spell for eg.), he will stop following them. He may retarget to closer troops in such a case.

Forum Superstar
    See that big circle around the QW when you drop him? Put troops inside that circle and he'll follow them. He doesn't just drift to where ever you drop troops.

Check at around 2:28. Thats why I used to think that the Warden moves towards your troops in order to support them as soon as you deploy them.

That the Warden follows troops within his sight range makes sense. I just wonder how big his sight range is. ^^

Walking through your base, stealing your dark elixir
    OP, the difference between what he did and what you did is that his GW was walking toward those troops and they got into his LOS, which is the huge white circle that surrounds him. Because of that, his mentality switched from "attack the closest building to me" to "support those troops over there", and as he walked that way, more and more got into his LOS, so he did his typical GW thing.
    Someone else may have another idea, but that's how I'd do it™

TH12 | Divine Justice | Clan Level 19 | GG 2B+ | EE 2B+ | HH 22m

Lvl 65 AQ | Lvl 65 BK | Lvl 40 GW

Alright thanks

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TehOcelot View Post
    OP, the difference between what he did and what you did is that his GW was walking toward those troops and they got into his LOS, which is the huge white circle that surrounds him. Because of that, his mentality switched from "attack the closest building to me" to "support those troops over there", and as he walked that way, more and more got into his LOS, so he did his typical GW thing.
    He was still attacking the cannon when he was aggro'd by the queen, so he definitely didnt just walk into the army. I think his sight range is slightly larger than his aura. King/Queen also seem to have especially strong magnetism for warden.

From your attack it seems that your troops were maybe just a tile too far outside of the wardens sight range.
    Last edited by MiddleC; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:53 AM.

Gw is far away from your troops and base buildings are very close you can use one e drag and balloon to clear left side. If the funnel is good. Other troops will be close to GW's range.