Thread: Personal Profile Text

Personal Profile Text

Since the new recruitment-tool doesn‘t work that well and tags are blurry, I‘d like a personal text in my profile just like clans have. This could reveal „language“ and if posted age, gender and location.

Banned
    [QUOTE=izy27;12404489]Since the new recruitment-tool doesn‘t work that well and tags are blurry, I‘d like a personal text in my profile just like clans have. This could reveal „language“ and if posted age, gender

New tools is not bad I like this features but I know here some problem to find new members for grow your clan but you should wait sc did something for that problem..

Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by izy27 View Post
    Since the new recruitment-tool doesn‘t work that well and tags are blurry, I‘d like a personal text in my profile just like clans have. This could reveal „language“ and if posted age, gender and location.
    personal text would help new recruitments just because it could reveal the players language,age,gender & location...can you please explain how???

Do I believe it would help for recruitment? Yes, I do to a very small degree, only helping if the player is actively seeking a clan, and if they just so happened to enter the information you are seeking in their profile, and if they "told the truth". Granted some could place such information in there, such as resident country. That though assumes the player wants to do that. In another recent post I used an example of "5% looking/95% not" (see https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ack-Statistics). What then would the other 95% use a free form text field for?

Anytime there is "free form" text there are monitoring and compliance issues. Yes, Clan Descriptions are reported. I myself strongly doubt (my own gut feeling) is that they would compound that issue by allowing individual profile free form text.

I myself believe there is a better chance if preset options can be selected, or detected, (like country), but not open free form text. So let us consider what could then be automatically detected, and shown on a player's profile .....

Country? Yes. All players are assigned a Local Leaderboard. The profile could simply show which Local Leaderboard that person is associated with.

Language Preference?. Yes. We select a preferred langage in our game Settings. So that too could be detected and shown. Change your settings automatically changes that shown within profile.

Age / Gender? No, cannot be detected. Nor do I believe it should be shown (even if they could detect). Would open the door to stalkers.
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:59 PM.

Forum Elder
    I am always confused by any suggestion of adding gender as either a selection criteria or as part of a profile. Last time I checked, I want to know if the individual will donate, be active, attack when they are supposed to, take part in clan games and a myriad of other things. Whichever gender someone identifies as has zero impact on their ability to be a contributing member of any clan and begs the question “why do YOU want to know” or “why do you want ME to know”?
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:55 PM.

Well, my text would be german. I would post „Ü40“ (age, any german would understand), maybe nrw for closer location and most certain something funny. That tells in two lines age, location, language and gives a little hint about my state of mind.

Forum Superstar
    Yes, there should be the option for some personal profile text for every account, like there is the clan description for the clan.

i don’t see how it would help for recruitment, but it would definitely help with deciding whether to accept applications to join.

Then, having joined, for long term members of the team, it can be used simply to tell new people, and remind old people, who you are. Also, it can be used to say it you’ll be away, or inactive for a little bit, and/or to give some nuance to clan wars opt in/out.