Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Using Books of Heroes for AQ only?

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Yea I was the same without the queen, I almost had to uninstall the game for the week a Queen was down lol. These days just edrag spam when you got no queen and you do just fine
    I posted about this a few months ago. If I recall correctly Darian said they want there to be a choice or a cost to upgrading Royals. I think it's a mistake to take them out of action while upgrading BUT, I've never developed a billion dollar game so I may not know what I'm talking about. I'll admit it.

But, I think this is the problem. What you mentioned about uninstalling. I didn't, never considered it. However, not long ago I did get irritated enough to install another game just after putting Royals down on several bases. I didn't want to raid. But, I wanted something else to do. So, I tried another game. Is SC in danger of losing me? No. But others? I think so. Yes. I'm sure they have considered it and all the other factors they need to consider including sales. Sales are important and I get that. They would be important to me if it were my game. But, as a player I see it as a problem. I suspect they have given this MUCH thought and it won't be changing.

I don't see it as a choice. If I can upgrade the most important item in the game. I'm going to upgrade it. However, I will tend to only do it when I have a book where the AQ is involved. Mine are closing in on max though. So I have the luxury of that more than a new player. Mine won't likely be closing in on max in about a month though. I'm not going any where. Others?
    Last edited by StormHeart; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:35 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I posted about this a few months ago. If I recall correctly Darian said they want there to be a choice or a cost to upgrading Royals. I think it's a mistake to take them out of action while upgrading BUT, I've never developed a billion dollar game so I may not know what I'm talking about. I'll admit it.

But, I think this is the problem. What you mentioned about uninstalling. I didn't, never considered it. However, not long ago I did get irritated enough to install another game just after putting Royals down on several bases. I didn't want to raid. But, I wanted something else to do. So, I tried another game. Is SC in danger of losing me? No. But others? I think so. Yes. I'm sure they have considered it and all the other factors they need to consider including sales. Sales are important and I get that. They would be important to me if it were my game. But, as a player I see it as a problem. I suspect they have given this MUCH thought and it won't be changing.

I don't see it as a choice. If I can upgrade the most important item in the game. I'm going to upgrade it. However, I will tend to only do it when I have a book where the AQ is involved. Mine are closing in on max though. So I have the luxury of that more than a new player. Mine won't likely be closing in on max in about a month though. I'm not going any where. Others?
    I think there are many reasons for people playing an additional game, and they most likely do..
    I guess you are like me.. Only the one game at a time..
    But I guess people will continue to play, or one day will get bored and move on..

There are many mentions of people taking a break, then coming back when they are ready.. Probably this is why we have all those dead bases.. They dont squash them, so folk have something to come back to..

Those long upgrades are a bind.. But I dont push, so simply need them to war..
    Things arent unbearable with the casual approach I have.

Anyone try it this way? Thoughts?
    Absolutely. I noticed that obstacles, gem boxes and events allowed me to buy a book from the trader maybe once a month. Clan games, CWL provided another few books with rewards or hammers and the ive also taken 2 gold passes (google opinion rewards paid for that).

Not had my heroes out of action for months and I'm able to be perma green (Wife permitting). Queen is now maxed, king and GW not far behind. My only issue is burning dark when its full but raiding with dark heavy war comps helps to build elixir.

TH12 LEVEL 205 | BK 63 AQ 65 GW 38 | Est FEB 2015
    Thanos did nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mico11813 View Post
    Absolutely. I noticed that obstacles, gem boxes and events allowed me to buy a book from the trader maybe once a month. Clan games, CWL provided another few books with rewards or hammers and the ive also taken 2 gold passes (google opinion rewards paid for that).

Not had my heroes out of action for months and I'm able to be perma green (Wife permitting). Queen is now maxed, king and GW not far behind. My only issue is burning dark when its full but raiding with dark heavy war comps helps to build elixir.
    I rarely buy one from the trader but I've usually get at least two and usually four a month. I raid 2 to 6 hours a day on most days so I get loot fast. I get one from clan games often, one or two from seasonal challenges with gold pass, and from time to time they are cheap in the shop. I might get them from there too. The trader, not too much. My gems usually go toward boosting barracks. I sometimes run out of training potion. I don't like to raid without those either but I will.

My Royals go down a LOT. On my formly rushed 12, had my AQ upgrading for the last 3 days. She's still got 2.5 to go. I was overstocked on training potions due to the gold pass so I raided anyway so I could claim the five sitting in my seasonal rewards. I don't usually use ED because they take so long to cook but with the 30 percent troop boost from seasonal challenges and the training potions it was pretty quick. Not using any dark at all. Ended up with my BK upgrading now too. So both are down. I won't be raiding there for the next 2.5 days. Though with ED the royals are not super important for looting. I could but I won't.

That base also has it's mortar in gear up so the builder base is without a builder for 12 days. Just before clan games is bad timing on that. But, I need the sixth builder. I've had five down a lot.

My main has had all six builders down for the last several days so I have not raided with it in three days. I have three builder free tomorrow. So back to the main.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:25 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

I have always upgraded a hero when ever I had the resources to do so, and if you farm enough to overlap upgrade times, the end game is that much closer.

Up until books there was no other way to do it, other then straight up gems, some people seem to forget that yes you can raid without hero's, just need to find the sweet spot league for your play style and time available.
    Level: 256 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5376 | Donations: 1.26 million | Hero Levels: 170
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

I always upgrade queen first. Always. Everything I have goes towards her until she’s of age, books, gems, medals, etc. I’ve never regretted it. Warden runs on a different resource and I don’t have problems farming so keeping other things upgrading and lab going is pretty easy especially if you are waiting out your queen upgrades.
    UltimateHamm #29VQUCPQJ: TH12 lvl 235 • 63/65/40 FIN 736k
    There is strong. There is Army strong. Then there is ARMY MOM STRONG 🇺🇸❤️🎗
    In loving memory of my friend Mona 💕Cancer takes no prisoners

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    GW is next in that line up especially when facing maxed giggle Tesla’s all the time.
    New defense confirmed for TH13! Makes troops stop and laugh while other defenses destroy them.

j/k the autocorrect made me, well, giggle. Back to the topic:

Right now, I'm not sure how I will approach this. I prefer to have my heroes up, which means I sink books and hammers into them whenever I can. I'm also in legends, and I'm not sure how feasible staying there is without heroes. So, I will either: (a) upgrade heroes only using books/hammers, slowing my hero progression, but staying in legends, or (b) upgrade heroes whenever I have loot (using books/hammers when available), and dropping from legends, as heroes will be down from time-to-time.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Walking through your base, stealing your dark elixir
    I always UG my AQ to max first and use my BoH on her only until she's amxed. Having said that, I do not use a lot of gems or spend money on this game, so whenever my heroes are not maxed, I just sit out of wars for months until they are. I stay down in Crystal hitting dead bases and ug all 3 of my heroes simultaneously. It's a giant PITA but since I don't spend a money on gems, it's the most efficient way for me to do it. Sucks to be out of war for months but once the grind is over, it's mostly over all at once.
    Someone else may have another idea, but that's how I'd do it™

TH12 | Divine Justice | Clan Level 19 | GG 2B+ | EE 2B+ | HH 22m

Lvl 65 AQ | Lvl 65 BK | Lvl 40 GW

night island boh

But, I think this is the problem. What you mentioned about uninstalling. I didn't, never considered it. However, not long ago I did get irritated enough to install another game just after putting Royals down on several bases. I didn't want to raid. But, I wanted something else to do.
    Sorry ,the uninstall was more just an exaggerated joke. Just showing how much I hate having my queen down