Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legend league is not to my liking

As Ajax said, loot is just fine. I doubt many people in Legends are focused on just loot anyway. Most maps I hit day to day are pretty much maxed out. I haven't needed loot in forever. If they took away the loot from maps totally the bonus would suit my needs........now once TH13 goes live that may be a different story, perhaps dropping down to T1 will make more sense at that time for loot.

The only thing I continue to dislike about Legends is the next button is gone. Harder to test specific armies when you always fight with a generic composition. I like the CWL type attacks 8 times per day but would love a choice for who I hit. Small Thing.....

Forum Elder

Leggy: its not for everyone

I have a love hate relationship with Leggy:there is a lot to love.

I cant hardly do 8/8 daily. I am crippled by the fact that the timer ends at Midnight CTS (now an hour less due to daylight saving, so 23:00 during daylight saving.. so right now for me for the next few months) most of the event timers end like 3:00 am for me. so I am at the end of the day squeezing in attacks. If I dont boost then I cant reliably get 8/8 done each day during the work week. weekend is a lot more flexible, so I typically get them done early in the timer than week days.

I will say that i have adjusted a smidge to the daylight saving end time of 23:00. I can get 1-2 attacks at the end of the night (beginning of the "day's" timer) before I pass out and then only need to get 6-7 raids done for the day which works a little better for me personally.

I dont have the luxury of attacking whilst at work. maybe one on my lunch break if I scarf down my meal and mash quick...but I am far too busy at work, other than lunch break most typically, on most days. then at home very busy nightly sched..so its hard to raid before 20:00-20:30 when I have a little more flexibility (kid in bed, dog fed, wife crafting etc) and can really mash for the night maybe boost if I have potions.

8/8 is about right for me, I know I could not do more, but if they increased the bonuses I would not scoff at fewer.

to all you saying just stay out. the game is designed to reward attacks that do optimum damage for full pay out. this is how the game is and how I enjoy raiding. my base is rather maxed (Walls) so it defends well too. so its a pain, and not as rewarding, to have to drop in order to stay out of Leggy in order to get the "nexting/Shield-Guard" option. Throwing matches seems a bit counter productive; but ATM its the only option in order to STAY OUT of Leggy and in T1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    The 8 instant attacks with nice loot in Legend in combination with the bonus, the 5 star bonus and the no resource lost when being attacked isn't mediocre. You can find bigger loot now in Titans as many maxed TH12 can't use their resources. But as soon as the TH13 update drops al these big whales will be gone and heavy clouds can be expected in Titans. As a working adult I have no time for nexting and clouding.
    I suspect you’re right about how the game will change in a few weeks, when that happens I will adapt to find the most profitable way of play, as for now that is not Legends league.
    Legends league is designed for the more competitive and that is great for those that play for that.
    Not losing loot on a defence doesn’t outweigh the guaranteed offerings of well over double that I have been finding with very little effort.
    I love this game for having so many ways to play to suit different styles.
    Each to their own is great, I do stand by my point though that legends loot is certainly mediocre (currently) compared to the 1mil of each offerings that are available with a little nexting patience In Titan currently.

I'm quite happy with 8. I've thought before that maybe they could let you select a few days a month where you could bump up to 12 or whatever number, but I imagine keeping track of it would be tough, and it couldn't be something they offered for gems, or it would make legends into a pay-to-win scenario.

Honestly, I look forward to the end of the day where I finish my 8th attack and have no more to do. I get some house work done or watch a hockey game or whatever suits me. It's nice to shut the game off with no pressure of your loot disappearing.

It's a very zen place for me and I hope they don't make it harder to just hang out at 5100~ish by forcing more attacks on everyone.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Bt28Krq

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Because of the fact you can't lose any loot in legends, those "mediocre" amounts are actuallypretty good.

If you are casual enoigh to not be able to do at least 6 attacks per day, spread as you like, then you are probably right that it isn't the place for you. But if you do enough attacks to stay there, I find the overall loot gain to be plenty.
    what is a completely maxed player to do then? ive been to one end of the spectrum and back. ive pushed to 6k+ cups, ive completed the unbreakable challenge. i have nothing left to do other than make the clan im in look more desirable to join (in this current broken recruitment system)

furthermore why have you left this topic open for discussion when you deleted mine instantly which was the exact same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post
    I cant hardly do 8/8 daily. I am crippled by the fact that the timer ends at Midnight CTS (
    If the timer ends when you are still awake, can't you get some of your "next day's" attacks in while you are still awake so the next night you have less to do before the timer ends? Doesn't it work out to be the same? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by AMPN View Post
    what is a completely maxed player to do then? ive been to one end of the spectrum and back. ive pushed to 6k+ cups, ive completed the unbreakable challenge. i have nothing left to do other than make the clan im in look more desirable to join (in this current broken recruitment system)

furthermore why have you left this topic open for discussion when you deleted mine instantly which was the exact same topic.
    If they really were two exactly the same topics, it isn't uncommon for one thread to be deleted and the other to continue, especially if the deleted one didn't have as much response. It is always best if you have a question like that, though, to send a message to a moderator directly since it is against the rules to ask about it publicly.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If the timer ends when you are still awake, can't you get some of your "next day's" attacks in while you are still awake so the next night you have less to do before the timer ends? Doesn't it work out to be the same? I feel like I'm missing something here.

If they really were two exactly the same topics, it isn't uncommon for one thread to be deleted and the other to continue, especially if the deleted one didn't have as much response. It is always best if you have a question like that, though, to send a message to a moderator directly since it is against the rules to ask about it publicly.
    unsure if you’re insinuating im lying about same topic, in a different thread, weeks apart - i can show you the PM discussion to ease your mind if need be.

As advised; any change to Legend League (incl increase/decrease in attacks) is a ‘ruled out idea’ and such threads will be deleted without notification.

unsure if you’re insinuating im lying about same topic, in a different thread, weeks apart - i can show you the PM discussion to ease your mind if need be.

As advised; any change to Legend League (incl increase/decrease in attacks) is a ‘ruled out idea’ and such threads will be deleted without notification.
    I have no idea why you got that impression, it certainly wasn't my intent. You also did not in your first post say the threads were weeks apart. It appeared to me two very similar threads were started at the same time and one got deleted so I suggested if they were both exactly the same then it would make sense to delete one of them. That sort of miscommunication is perhaps one of the reasons there is a forum rule against asking your question in a thread instead of just sending message to a moderator who can actually tell you what happened. Players like me are just left guessing.
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:13 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I have no idea why you got that impression, it certainly wasn't my intent. You also did not in your first post say the threads were weeks apart. It appeared to me two very similar threads were started at the same time and one got deleted so I suggested if they were both exactly the same then it would make sense to delete one of them. That sort of miscommunication is perhaps one of the reasons there is a forum rule against asking your question in a thread instead of just sending message to a moderator who can actually tell you what happened. Players like me are just left guessing.
    I can understand the confusion - My question was more directed at him. I am more than happy to keep discussing altering Legend League to suit the individual, as brought up in my original post. I just dont see why this one has a green light which has zero back bone in OPs original post, where as mine was several paragraphs outlining the pro’s and con’s of the change.

No need to run to the ‘forum rules’ to have me shut down. it was a simple question, was not to start a fire.

I can understand the confusion - My question was more directed at him. I am more than happy to keep discussing altering Legend League to suit the individual, as brought up in my original post. I just dont see why this one has a green light which has zero back bone in OPs original post, where as mine was several paragraphs outlining the pro’s and con’s of the change.

No need to run to the ‘forum rules’ to have me shut down. it was a simple question, was not to start a fire.
    Sigh. If I wanted to shut you down I would have reported you to a moderator for violating the forum rules, but instead elected to just caution you that you violated a forum rule. I'm out. Good luck.
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:56 PM.