Thread: Please critique my attack

Please critique my attack

I studied the base and thought I had a good game plane prior to the attack. What could have been done to improve this attack?

Pro Member
    Hi Sith. Edrags need a lot of good chain value to be successful. There is a lot of dead space around the th that made this angle a tough one to attack from. It can also help to bring some loons with the edrags. They can help to soak up things like seeking air mines that really put a hurt on edrags.

Walking through your base, stealing your dark elixir
    Politely, there are a multitude of things wrong with this approach.

The base is not nearly tight enough to use mass E Drags. The advantage of ED's is that it can chain its damage through 5 targets, so if you're hitting a base that has a large amount of spread out turrets, it loses the one advantage it has pretty quickly. Then, it's basically just the offensive version of a single-target inferno tower: it can damage one thing by a lot, but not a lot of things by a lot.

You brought no rage spells or haste spells, and the ED's are incredibly slow-moving and slow to acquire targets, so typically a couple rages would be in order if you're going to succeed with ED's.

You did bring a ton of bats, but not nearly enough freezes to support them. Typically, the bat spell/freeze spell split is either 6/3 or 5/4 in favor of the bats. 12/1 is not a favorable ratio unless literally every single wizard tower, Tesla, and the TH was down before you deployed them. That's not going to happen regularly because people are not typically that bad at base building.

In terms of this attack on this base, everything was mis-thought. It wasn't a tight enough base for mass ED's, you didn't have any loon support for your ED's, you didn't have the right spell composition, you brought a LaLo CC but most of your ED's were destroyed before you deployed it, you used a Blimp instead of a Slammer to deploy the CC, and your deployment was fairly nonsensical in terms of your funneling.

This attack was a disaster. Again, no offense, but, if you're going to ask for feedback, sometimes it's going to hurt.
    Someone else may have another idea, but that's how I'd do it™

TH12 | Divine Justice | Clan Level 19 | GG 2B+ | EE 2B+ | HH 22m

Lvl 65 AQ | Lvl 65 BK | Lvl 40 GW

Thank you for the feedback guys. Exactly what I was looking for.