Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Apparently troops do "see" walls with less HP

Apparently troops do "see" walls with less HP

I just noticed that troops target walls with less HP if wall is damaged. Or is this just coincidence...

Pro Member
    Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    I think it has always been this way. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BWBX View Post
    I think it has always been this way. It makes sense.
    Yeah, but apperently only damaged ones since there are many videos posted on reddit where troops for what ever reason select to attack max lvl wall instead lvl1 wall next to it if all walls in the area haven't been damage.
    Last edited by FunnyCinema; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:05 PM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    If troops and damaged walls are close enough together then they will favor walls which have suffered damage so there’s a joint effort to break walls and avoid situations where troops are right next to each other but each one trying to smash a different wall.
    This is something that was put in place a long long time ago in an update.

This “line of sight” isn’t all that large though to prevent troops from wandering too far towards a damaged wall.

They don’t differentiate between levels and total HP but will see walls with damage.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:18 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

I notice this fact a lot in wall breaking situations...you might have a wall target in mind when deploying the wbs but theyll go help another troop already bangin on a nearby wall segment. Always gotta be careful with deployment order there...

In the olden times when I used to LaLo a lot (more ), and then used my royals to finish the job, with a few wall breakers, you’d often see those poor lil dudes running around to find the wall that was more damage (randomly by the loons’ splash damages)... even if it didn’t make any sense re: where my heroes where targeting: so yes, some troops have always considered the amount of damages already inflicted...
    But, they unfortunately do not care (at all) about the level of the wall... And they’d attack a L12 a bit more damaged before a L10 for example, which isn’t the wisest , as they prioritize (my most positive viewof the lil brains inside the lil dudes) the direct path (-ish) to their target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

They don’t differentiate between levels and total HP but will see walls with damage.
    Is this because its too hard to program? This seems like it would have been a great thing to implement but if they haven't done it by now I'm assuming its because they cant??

Quote Originally Posted by BallTillWeFall82 View Post
    Is this because its too hard to program? This seems like it would have been a great thing to implement but if they haven't done it by now I'm assuming its because they cant??

Itdoesnt mean they cant, it can ruin the game.
    Its a NO for me, its like telling the WB to take the weak spot. How about people like me whose not even close to max out walls.
    If i put a lv10 wall depeer inside my base then wallbreakers would target it ? Its like a direct pathing for wb.-subject to abuse-

Yeah I’ve noticed this.

Also nice attack, and what the heck was your warden doing?
    Town Hall 11
    King: 45 Queen: 40 Warden: 18
    Walls: somewhere between 0 and 300
    Achievements: Too lazy to check
    Clan: DarkIceWarfare #29UJPYRPJ

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMeDown View Post
    Itdoesnt mean they cant, it can ruin the game.
    Its a NO for me, its like telling the WB to take the weak spot. How about people like me whose not even close to max out walls.
    If i put a lv10 wall depeer inside my base then wallbreakers would target it ? Its like a direct pathing for wb.-subject to abuse-
    I'm not sure how improved AI for troops can ruin the game... As for direct pathing for WBs... if you know how to use them, then you already have that. Its not that hard to get theem to target spacific walls. (Not that i am a pro, i just learned recently!)