Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Maxed War Weight for each town hall level

  1. #11
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    And it isnt just with 12s.. All war levels tend to have same top hall numbers, and the game is also much better balanced..
    Every hall can 3 star its own now, and with more than 1 strategy.. Skill and experience with troop drops are as important as skill and experience with roster build now.
    Yes true, it happen to all th lvl, so if the top th in the roster is th10, then the th10 will have the biggest impact in the matching similar to my explanation above, it is not only for th12 exclusively
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  2. #12
    Unfortunately, we just lost our streak of 21 straight wins. Yes we do small wars and yes there are usually only 3-5 th12s, but we still had fun with it. I definitely cannot blame it on the matchmaker, we have been 3 starring at least one th12 pretty much every war and this time we didn't and we lost by 1. They outplayed us.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  3. #13
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Unfortunately, we just lost our streak of 21 straight wins. Yes we do small wars and yes there are usually only 3-5 th12s, but we still had fun with it. I definitely cannot blame it on the matchmaker, we have been 3 starring at least one th12 pretty much every war and this time we didn't and we lost by 1. They outplayed us.
    Nice streak 2222, especially considering its maxer type bases, and high hall..
    Good luck on the next one.

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Unfortunately, we just lost our streak of 21 straight wins. Yes we do small wars and yes there are usually only 3-5 th12s, but we still had fun with it. I definitely cannot blame it on the matchmaker, we have been 3 starring at least one th12 pretty much every war and this time we didn't and we lost by 1. They outplayed us.
    Nice Streak at 21, I think with 3-5 th12 in 10-15v, u will find the opponent fast and quite close in term of offense and def capability, just genuine question, are you still doing anything to gain slight advantage or at least preventing disadvantage? if yes what kind of effort? and is it working?

    Lately we do 30v most of the time with 5-7 TH12, and 10+ th11, finding opponent quite fast 1-2 hours
    Last edited by samratulangi; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:41 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Nice Streak at 21, I think with 3-5 th12 in 10-15v, u will find the opponent fast and quite close in term of offense and def capability, just genuine question, are you still doing anything to gain slight advantage or at least preventing disadvantage? if yes what kind of effort? and is it working?

    Lately we do 30v most of the time with 5-7 TH12, and 10+ th11, finding opponent quite fast 1-2 hours
    We go th12-8. Usually 1-3 th8s at the bottom to fill out whatever is needed. We will probably move those to th9 once we get some th13s. We find fast matches, usually one hour or less other than the first one after CWL.

    In our last 10 wars it was 10v. We had 3 max th12s, a new th11 (no eagle or warden yet, some other th11 defenses not built yet either, just continuing to build them as I go), 3 mid level th10s (just about to start infernos on 2 of them, but finishing up my last bow first and I think one or both still have a bomb tower to build, the 3rd th10 is farther behind), a max th9, 2 max th8s but without mortars. Our matches were pretty much even everywhere other than lately our th11 was usually facing a full th11 (just started happening the last 5 wars or so). Sometimes we would end up with a small advantage at the 3rd th12 spot like hero levels or walls because our 3rd th12 was pretty much maxed out and their third th12 was not always maxed out. Earlier on we sometimes would see an advantage at the 2nd and 3rd th12 like that, and that would really help increase our chance of a 3 star.

    Before that we were doing 15v, but once we hit about 15 straight there is nothing like a nice streak to make some players say they want to hold off on war lol. When we do the 15v usually we have 5 th12s instead of 3 th12s and then fill in 3 more bases to make 15. Usually that is another th11, another th9 and then either another th8 or th9.

    We get 7-8 streaks pretty often. We hadn't been up over 10 for awhile. As noted above, as the streak got longer the players wanting in war dropped a little and we ended up 10v the last 10 wars or so. 6 of the 10 were my accounts toward the end.

    Now that we broke the streak I bet we will see more wanting in war and will go back to 15v even with me pulling a couple of mine out of war, which I don't mind. I use them as war fillers. I like to have one of my max 12s in the war and I'm having fun with the relatively new th10s so I like to have one or two of those in. I don't care about the rest.

    Like I said, with only 3-5 th12s it probably isn't as hard to have a streak as it is in bigger wars, but it is fun and we have very even matches. If we have a "bad" match it usually is just us having to dip with a th12 onto the enemy th11 since my new th11 failed to 3 star their full th11, costing us one of our th12 attacks.

    Edit: sorry, short answer to your question, yes with my accounts other than my max 12s I upgrade them trying to get an advantage or avoid a disadvantage, which means the same thing to me!
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:15 AM.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  6. #16
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    We go th12-8. Usually 1-3 th8s at the bottom to fill out whatever is needed. We will probably move those to th9 once we get some th13s. We find fast matches, usually one hour or less other than the first one after CWL.

    In our last 10 wars it was 10v. We had 3 max th12s, a new th11 (no eagle or warden yet, some other th11 defenses not built yet either, just continuing to build them as I go), 3 mid level th10s (just about to start infernos on 2 of them, but finishing up my last bow first and I think one or both still have a bomb tower to build, the 3rd th10 is farther behind), a max th9, 2 max th8s but without mortars. Our matches were pretty much even everywhere other than lately our th11 was usually facing a full th11 (just started happening the last 5 wars or so). Sometimes we would end up with a small advantage at the 3rd th12 spot like hero levels or walls because our 3rd th12 was pretty much maxed out and their third th12 was not always maxed out. Earlier on we sometimes would see an advantage at the 2nd and 3rd th12 like that, and that would really help increase our chance of a 3 star.

    Before that we were doing 15v, but once we hit about 15 straight there is nothing like a nice streak to make some players say they want to hold off on war lol. When we do the 15v usually we have 5 th12s instead of 3 th12s and then fill in 3 more bases to make 15. Usually that is another th11, another th9 and then either another th8 or th9.

    We get 7-8 streaks pretty often. We hadn't been up over 10 for awhile. As noted above, as the streak got longer the players wanting in war dropped a little and we ended up 10v the last 10 wars or so. 6 of the 10 were my accounts toward the end.

    Now that we broke the streak I bet we will see more wanting in war and will go back to 15v even with me pulling a couple of mine out of war, which I don't mind. I use them as war fillers. I like to have one of my max 12s in the war and I'm having fun with the relatively new th10s so I like to have one or two of those in. I don't care about the rest.

    Like I said, with only 3-5 th12s it probably isn't as hard to have a streak as it is in bigger wars, but it is fun and we have very even matches. If we have a "bad" match it usually is just us having to dip with a th12 onto the enemy th11 since my new th11 failed to 3 star their full th11, costing us one of our th12 attacks.

    Edit: sorry, short answer to your question, yes with my accounts other than my max 12s I upgrade them trying to get an advantage or avoid a disadvantage, which means the same thing to me!
    Nice, so a lot of your clanmate has low nerve threshold, lol.

    Basically u have 30% of your top th is maxed th12, then it is considered heavy enough to make lower bases has insignificant impact, if u have only 20% or less, then the lower bases will have more impact in my experience, why dont u extend it to 20v, since 20v also has good pool size? so u can experience more variety
    Last edited by samratulangi; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:21 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Nice, but basically u have 30% of your top th is maxed th12, then it is considered heavy enough to make lower bases has insignificant impact, if u have only 20% or less, then the lower bases will have more impact in my experience, why dont u extend it to 20v, since 20v also has good pool size?
    We do 20v at times, but usually it is 15v. When more players want in I just pull some of my accounts out.

    Yeah the lower ones end up just being a bit of fun. Our th8s destroy their th8s. If our th9 fails to destroy their th9 then I dip with a th10. I can usually clear the enemy th10s with my th10s leaving an extra attack or two to try to pick off 2 stars on an enemy th12. The percentage is too low to help but it is fun. It usually comes down to our th12s vs. their th12s. If the enemy is not good at their lower attacks we can have an advantage by having more th12 attacks than them, so those lower attacks do still matter sometimes. Having to dip once or twice and losing one or two of your th12 attacks can really hurt.

    We have never required war in our clan, so we have a lot of players not interested in it. We lately have had 15 th12s in our CWL wars, but many of them would not be "invited" to be in our regular wars. One of the th8s in our regular wars has a th12 that he uses in CWL, but doesn't want his th12 in regular wars. Myself and two others have 2 max th12s each. We use all 6 of them in CWL but like to just use one each in regular wars, although sometimes one of us wants the other in and that is when we get up to 15v usually.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:35 AM.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    We do 20v at times, but usually it is 15v. When more players want in I just pull some of my accounts out.

    Yeah the lower ones end up just being a bit of fun. Our th8s destroy their th8s. If our th9 fails to destroy their th9 then I dip with a th10. I can usually clear the enemy th10s with my th10s leaving an extra attack or two to try to pick off 2 stars on an enemy th12. The percentage is too low to help but it is fun. It usually comes down to our th12s vs. their th12s. If the enemy is not good at their lower attacks we can have an advantage by having more th12 attacks than them, so those lower attacks do still matter sometimes. Having to dip once or twice and losing one or two of your th12 attacks can really hurt.

    We have never required war in our clan, so we have a lot of players not interested in it. We lately have had 15 th12s in our CWL wars, but many of them would not be "invited" to be in our regular wars. One of the th8s in our regular wars has a th12 that he uses in CWL, but doesn't want his th12 in regular wars. Myself and two others have 2 max th12s each. We use all 6 of them in CWL but like to just use one each in regular wars, although sometimes one of us wants the other in and that is when we get up to 15v usually.
    understand that lower th attack still matter to make our top th attack more usefull, what i meant is with 30% maxed top th, i think the matchmaking dont really try to match the other 70% very close match, but if u make it to 20v, the lower bases will be weighted more in the matchmaking
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    understand that lower th attack still matter to make our top th attack more usefull, what i meant is with 30% maxed top th, i think the matchmaking dont really try to match the other 70% very close match, but if u make it to 20v, the lower bases will be weighted more in the matchmaking
    That makes sense and from what I've seen that is how it has worked for us. We just don't pay much attention to it because usually th10 and below is easy enough to 3 star that it doesn't really matter much. It is fairly common for us to see no th8 or only one th8. That means our th8s just use loons to scout the th12s. Or, maybe the other clan has no th9s. Then our th9 scouts the th12s. Often the other clan will have an extra th11, but as long as it is a new th11 I can 3 star it anyway. With us now facing a full th11 on the other side it was making me think I should drop the eagle/warden soon on my th11.

    Overall we are pretty well matched throughout, though, even below th12. I think there are so many clans at 10v and 15v running th12-8 that it is easy on the matchmaker.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:57 AM.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That checking yourself is only the "defensive" weight, not offensive, and "war weight" would include offense. Also, we aren't certain the weight shown in the storages is exactly what is used these days even when properly described as "defensive." Finally, those websites using formulas have been shown to be wildly inaccurate in the past other than when they are limited to just the defensive gold storage weight, which as you noted you don't need a website to see.

    Edit: you can hear from Sam and Major on the war subforum and they would be able to give you better information than me, but basically it is more complicated than your post suggests.
    Gold weight is a good indicator but calculators are generally terrible. There was a time when I would follow weight calculators but I found greatest success when following my own intuition and asking questions rather than believing that any persons view is right because weights change.

    But the max weights of bases is quite right, I think what can be viewed can have correlation with how matches are made.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •