Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Potions don't fully recognize status

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6

    Potions don't fully recognize status

    As an example.
    Start a king upgrade
    Drop a training potion
    Gem your king upgrade
    Notice that the king does not benefit from the potion.

  2. #2
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,499
    Anything that is upgrading isn’t affected by training potions. Next time, gem the King first then drop training potion.

  3. #3
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Anything that is upgrading isn’t affected by training potions. Next time, gem the King first then drop training potion.
    You are correct and that is exactly the bug. The steps were just steps to reproduce the issue. The real issue is that if a King, queen, troop upgrade finishes while a potion still has time renaming that thing that was upgrading doesn't reap the benefit. There is no reason it should not benefit from a potion if it is done upgrading. The issue is that when you drop a potion they don't allow the potion to take effect on upgrading items (this is fine), however once the item is finished upgrading it should reset its status and be available to benefit from the potion.

  4. #4
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsFan801 View Post
    You are correct and that is exactly the bug. The steps were just steps to reproduce the issue. The real issue is that if a King, queen, troop upgrade finishes while a potion still has time renaming that thing that was upgrading doesn't reap the benefit. There is no reason it should not benefit from a potion if it is done upgrading. The issue is that when you drop a potion they don't allow the potion to take effect on upgrading items (this is fine), however once the item is finished upgrading it should reset its status and be available to benefit from the potion.
    You should post this in the ideas and feature request forums then as this is not a bug. That is how it is intended to work.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    You should post this in the ideas and feature request forums then as this is not a bug. That is how it is intended to work.
    I don't necessarily agree that this is by design this looks like an oversight. It is easy to say this is by design I work with about 65 developers daily, they all say that. Just because you designed it that way doesn't mean it is not a flaw in the design. There is a difference between feature and bug. Feature is potion speeds up the time to heal for a Queen,King etc... bug is that it doesn't always work.

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    SharkyFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Everywhere. Always watching.
    Posts
    10,594
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsFan801 View Post
    I don't necessarily agree that this is by design this looks like an oversight. It is easy to say this is by design I work with about 65 developers daily, they all say that. Just because you designed it that way doesn't mean it is not a flaw in the design. There is a difference between feature and bug. Feature is potion speeds up the time to heal for a Queen,King etc... bug is that it doesn't always work.
    As Bigdome757 explained, potions don't work on items that are under upgrade, and upgrading an item while under a potion ends it. There's even a popup that explains that upgrading ends a boost, which is a sure sign it was by design and not a bug.

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 676 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

  7. #7
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    As Bigdome757 explained, potions don't work on items that are under upgrade, and upgrading an item while under a potion ends it. There's even a popup that explains that upgrading ends a boost, which is a sure sign it was by design and not a bug.

    You have driven the point home that potions do not apply to things that are upgrading. I get your point and I get his point. My point is does a training potion speed up the healing time for a King/Queen/Grand Warden? The answer is simply yes. So if a King/Queen/Grand Warden comes out of an upgrade cycle and a training potion is still active why would it not apply to said King/Queen/Grand Warden? I am not asking you to apply potions to things that are upgrading that is silly I am saying apply them to things that are not upgrading in all cases. Clearly a bug!

  8. #8
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    12,046
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsFan801 View Post
    . So if a King/Queen/Grand Warden comes out of an upgrade cycle and a training potion is still active why would it not apply to said King/Queen/Grand Warden?
    Because using the potion was the start for the boost. Hence you need to start the boost for the hero that comes out of the upgrade and you will have to use another potion or gems for that.

    Edit:
    Its like having 2 tv. One plugged in and one without energy.
    You hit the power button and one tv starts. Now you plug in the second tv. What happens? Nothing happens because the power button was pushed when the the tv was without energy.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Because using the potion was the start for the boost. Hence you need to start the boost for the hero that comes out of the upgrade and you will have to use another potion or gems for that.
    Ok a difference of opinion on how we think it should work. That is fine. Just seems wasteful... I could come up with a million of examples of why I think it should work this way but obviously this won't change the minds of developers. All good no worries... Have a great day.

  10. #10
    Forum Master wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    12,046
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdsFan801 View Post
    Ok a difference of opinion on how we think it should work. That is fine. Just seems wasteful... I could come up with a million of examples of why I think it should work this way but obviously this won't change the minds of developers. All good no worries... Have a great day.
    We are clashers like you and not supercll employes if you think that.🙄 Try bigdomes advice down below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    You should post this in the ideas and feature request forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •