Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: very strange layout

  1. #11
    Super Member Daisycloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    you can find me reading a book at the end of the rainbow
    Posts
    785
    these are just rushed bases and basically trying to manipulate their war weight.

    I think those methods no longer work. he/she should go ahead and buy the missing buildings and upgrade them. but idk if they are happy playing in this way then it doesn't matter.
    [/SIG[SIGPIC]

    {siggy by DragonX101}

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPokes View Post
    Well mine is only used for CWL due to a lack of people, can still 2 star 12s so not the biggest of deals for me
    There is no reason to play in CWL and not add your defenses to your war design (no reason for regular war either). Why make it easier on the other clan for no reason?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisycloud View Post
    these are just rushed bases and basically trying to manipulate their war weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisycloud View Post
    I think those methods no longer work. he/she should go ahead and buy the missing buildings and upgrade them. but idk if they are happy playing in this way then it doesn't matter.

    It definitely doesn't work. In regular war the weight is counted even though not placed. In CWL there is no weight so it is pointless.
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:19 AM.

    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

  3. #13
    Centennial Club Siberio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Caput Mundi
    Posts
    191
    I have the answer! (I guess )

    That was an engineered th9. Initially it had all the buildings that you can see in the war base layout. Then some more buildings were added in main bas.. War base layout shows an exclamation point ! wanting you to drop down all new buildings. If you don't, war base layout will remain the same last used.
    Base owner can't switch to another layout, then back to the one you shower us: changing layout will remove the possibility to use that one again.
    Base owner probably thinks that using that kind of layout makes him more "lightweight" in matchmaking. That is not the case, since matchmaker would take in consideration all partecipants' farming base to get an opponent; map order would follow war layout weight tho.
    Main: IGN: Mr.Pink CLAN: NeoGenesis, lvl 10 (leader) TH: 10 lvl 167 34/40, 94 magmas
    Mini: IGN: Mr.Orange CLAN: NeoGenesis, lvl 10 (co-leader)TH: 9, lvl 144 30/30, 250 lavas

    "Venn diagrams can sometimes be used to determine whether or not an argument is valid."

  4. #14
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Technically it’s not a name and shame.
    Just a naming without the shame part is not a “name AND shame”. Its when both conditions are met when we have an issue,.

    IE this scenario of can you explain this and just showing the bases is just a name.
    If these bases are posted with remarks like “look at this stupid rusher, he’s an idiot blah blah” that IS a name and shame.
    I just thought this topic could turn into a 'Look at him, he didn't place his def. What a ...', so I already looked at it in a 'name and shame'-kind of way.
    You're fine with the way it's used here, so everything is fine as well. I was a bit oversensitive about it then.

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On vacation!
    Posts
    11,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    I just thought this topic could turn into a 'Look at him, he didn't place his def. What a ...', so I already looked at it in a 'name and shame'-kind of way.
    You're fine with the way it's used here, so everything is fine as well. I was a bit oversensitive about it then.
    Nah, I certainly understand the sentiment and it sure needs a watchful eye. Just wanted to make it clear that by itself the way OP posted it, it would be fine. Reactions such as you describe certainly would not be ok so you sure have a point there.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  6. #16
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisycloud View Post
    these are just rushed bases and basically trying to manipulate their war weight.

    I think those methods no longer work. he/she should go ahead and buy the missing buildings and upgrade them. but idk if they are happy playing in this way then it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberio View Post
    I have the answer! (I guess )

    That was an engineered th9. Initially it had all the buildings that you can see in the war base layout. Then some more buildings were added in main bas.. War base layout shows an exclamation point ! wanting you to drop down all new buildings. If you don't, war base layout will remain the same last used.
    Base owner can't switch to another layout, then back to the one you shower us: changing layout will remove the possibility to use that one again.
    Base owner probably thinks that using that kind of layout makes him more "lightweight" in matchmaking. That is not the case, since matchmaker would take in consideration all partecipants' farming base to get an opponent; map order would follow war layout weight tho.
    Without any insight, I am not sure how you come to that conclusion.. Maybe caught on the wrong side of engi in the past I guess..
    We can agree they are rushed, but not on the war base layout..
    If they are trying to engineer, they are bad examples.. Nothing suggests they are engineering.

    I prefer to think they simply forgot to upgrade the war base.. More so the 2nd one.
    Either way, good luck to them, and to OP.. Enjoy.

  7. #17
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    9
    I didn't think to remove names and no it wasn't my intention to shame anyone.

    I thought if you didnt update the war layout it would default to using the main layout from your normal base. So it stunned me.
    In all my time here I've never seen bases like these (I've seen engineered) but in our current war there's another one! Lol.

    Anyways thanks everyone for your help!💙

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •