Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Are Your Rules?

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    It is quite interesting. The best part of the game for me was doing it on my own, farming the way I liked and the independence of not having to follow rules. I would not have enjoyed that "teaching hood", but to each their own. Even though I am not actively trying to upgrade barn or silo, I get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction when I realize that I have enough EM to upgrade. I did it on my own and for some reason that makes me very happy. I would have hated the game if I was forced to trade and obtain materials through game play i did not enjoy - would have left years ago. presently 169 level and proud of it.
    This is very similar to my own experience. I am level 167, but always forget to check my barn and silo capacity. Usually I start struggling because my barn is full, then realise it’s because I’ve actually accumulated enough items to upgrade. I agree that it is very satisfying when you realise you’ve achieved that by yourself. The same goes for opening new land. My neighbourhood doesn’t really have any rules. We are only a small group. If some want to play the derby they do, if they don’t they opt out. We request things from one another if we need them and only the quantity we need at the time. Everyone is happy to help. My own neighbours play differently from me, and that’s fine. We don’t try to teach one another otherwise, but as you quite rightly say, each to their own.

Sorry xenkitty, I think I hit reply to your post when I meant to reply in general. I was not speaking about your post directly. I also used to get annoyed by people who would constantly request the harder to make items. I pretty much never donated to them.
    Now that I'm in a mini-hood, I don't have that issue anymore.

I agree with you about notifying the hood that I've posted premium items. At least, I used to. Again, now that I'm in a mini-hood (there are only 2 of us), I usually know what she needs and won't post those at all till our schedules sync up.

My initial post was mainly to say I don't mind shop raiders in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    This is very similar to my own experience. I am level 167, but always forget to check my barn and silo capacity. Usually I start struggling because my barn is full, then realise it’s because I’ve actually accumulated enough items to upgrade. I agree that it is very satisfying when you realise you’ve achieved that by yourself. The same goes for opening new land. My neighbourhood doesn’t really have any rules. We are only a small group. If some want to play the derby they do, if they don’t they opt out. We request things from one another if we need them and only the quantity we need at the time. Everyone is happy to help. My own neighbours play differently from me, and that’s fine. We don’t try to teach one another otherwise, but as you quite rightly say, each to their own.
    Now, your hood I would like!