Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Are Your Rules?

"Help" is defined differently

We have one overarching rule:

Stay active, participate, ask for help and help others, play fairly, and follow our strategies

What does each part mean? Here you go...

Stay Active - The #1 reason to join a neighborhood is to trade. This means trading tools for tools, and trading crops/products for coins (this last one is another term for selling). If you're not seen in chat asking or offering trades, then you're not active and of no benefit to the overall health of the neighborhood. The Leader, Co-Leaders, and Elders will notice this and likely kick you on Monday as the number of neighbors approaches 30 to make room for a new, and hopefully active, member to join. This is an important part of maintaining a health and active neighborhood.

Participate - The #2 reason to join a neighborhood is to participate in the derby. While we don't make this a requirement, we do encourage members to participate in each derby.

Ask for help and help others - This is a bit tricky. First, what does "help" mean? We're a Teaching Neighborhood, which means that we take the time to teach newer players how to play Hay Day in an optimal manner. So, when we use the term "help" it's meant that we should help them achieve this goal. Players at lower level are greatly harmed by filling truck and boat orders, so filling bins and crates for them is not "helping" their farm at all. That actually harms them. Help means to revive trees/bushes, fulfill Neighborhood Mailbox Requests, sell crops/products intended for their Town Visitors, and assist them with any questions on how best to play the game. Those Members that embrace this last one will be recognized by the Leader, Co-Leaders, and Elders and be promoted.

Play Fairly - This one's simple. You should donate as much as you request and above all else do not snipe tool trades that you are not a part of.

Follow our strategies - This one's a lot easier than it seems. As a teaching neighborhood we've compiled a website with detailed strategies for playing the game as well as strategies for the Farm, Fishing area, Town, and Derby. Once new players embrace these strategies they quickly notice that they have more coins, diamonds, and vouchers to play the game; have more barn space; and can generally maneuver freely about Hay Day with few impairments.

That's it in a nutshell. While it may sound simple and too general a sentence, once players understand how to play they are successful and stay in our neighborhood -- some for years. We've "taught" a lot of "students" and continue to do so as new crops of players start to play Hay Day.
    Name: The Professor
    Neighborhood: The Playbook (#82980LGR)
    Experience Level: 172
    Reputation Level: 61
    Hay Day Wiki Moderator

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by indyalways View Post
    So there’s Hay Day rules and then there are your NH’s rules, but what are your personal rules that you play by?
    Thank you indyalways for the fascinating question. Here are my personal rules.

1. If I see in chat a flag for help, I would go to the hoodmate's boat, truck board, and town and fill all requests. Then I will stock up my barn by making sure I have enough for the next help request. Part of the fun for me is able to help other players because I'm managing my barn and silo well while being a Town enthusiast but not a boat and truck enthusiast.

2. When I sell something, I sell at max price and don't care who will buy them or how many they buy because I don't have emotional attachment to the goods I made or the EMs and UMs i earned in game.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1243 View Post
    ...Follow our strategies - This one's a lot easier than it seems. As a teaching neighborhood we've compiled a website with detailed strategies for playing the game as well as strategies for the Farm, Fishing area, Town, and Derby. Once new players embrace these strategies they quickly notice that they have more coins, diamonds, and vouchers to play the game; have more barn space; and can generally maneuver freely about Hay Day with few impairments.

That's it in a nutshell. While it may sound simple and too general a sentence, once players understand how to play they are successful and stay in our neighborhood -- some for years. We've "taught" a lot of "students" and continue to do so as new crops of players start to play Hay Day.
    I cannot wait to read your website as you teach your students ways to adapt to the daily 80 buying limit.

Do I have the correct website? https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Hay_Day_Wiki

---
    Lynn
    November 19, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:17 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vever View Post
    My rules tend to change over time, but now that I'm fairly far in the game, my #1 rule is "don't buy it if you can make it yourself".

That being said, if I've just done a ton of truck orders and you've filled your shop with things that take me a while to accumulate, I will buy them all.

I don't believe in any rules that say I'm only allowed to buy 3 things. If you consider me unhelpful in general and/or a shop raider and it bothers you, DELETE ME. I promise, I won't come hunt you down.

In kind, if I fill my shop, and you want everything in it, I have no problem with that either. There have been times where it irked me a little to see the same names buying from me over and over and over, but I eventually decided I could just post an ad and some stranger might buy every last item as well, so what's the difference?

If I post it for sale, I want it gone. Doesn't matter to me who gets it.
    the hood know.

That is not the point. If I put premium goods up for sale I let the hood know so they get first pick. Who gets it, gets it. I'm talking about constant requesting and not returning the favor, ever. If I need one blanket I request one blanket. Someone else may need one blanket but they request five. I know that some of this is going for resale. If someone is having trouble making enough money to purchase a machine I will help them out by giving them goods that they can sell for top dollar. I do have issues with leeches.
    Last edited by xenkitty; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post

I cannot wait to read your website as you teach your students ways to adapt to the daily 80 buying limit.

Do I have the correct website? https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Hay_Day_Wiki

---
    Lynn
    November 19, 2019
    That's the URL for the Hay Day Wiki. Our neighborhood has it's own website that focuses on strategy.

We have one overarching rule:

Stay active, participate, ask for help and help others, play fairly, and follow our strategies

What does each part mean? Here you go...

Stay Active - The #1 reason to join a neighborhood is to trade. This means trading tools for tools, and trading crops/products for coins (this last one is another term for selling). If you're not seen in chat asking or offering trades, then you're not active and of no benefit to the overall health of the neighborhood. The Leader, Co-Leaders, and Elders will notice this and likely kick you on Monday as the number of neighbors approaches 30 to make room for a new, and hopefully active, member to join. This is an important part of maintaining a health and active neighborhood.

Participate - The #2 reason to join a neighborhood is to participate in the derby. While we don't make this a requirement, we do encourage members to participate in each derby.

Ask for help and help others - This is a bit tricky. First, what does "help" mean? We're a Teaching Neighborhood, which means that we take the time to teach newer players how to play Hay Day in an optimal manner. So, when we use the term "help" it's meant that we should help them achieve this goal. Players at lower level are greatly harmed by filling truck and boat orders, so filling bins and crates for them is not "helping" their farm at all. That actually harms them. Help means to revive trees/bushes, fulfill Neighborhood Mailbox Requests, sell crops/products intended for their Town Visitors, and assist them with any questions on how best to play the game. Those Members that embrace this last one will be recognized by the Leader, Co-Leaders, and Elders and be promoted.

Play Fairly - This one's simple. You should donate as much as you request and above all else do not snipe tool trades that you are not a part of.

Follow our strategies - This one's a lot easier than it seems. As a teaching neighborhood we've compiled a website with detailed strategies for playing the game as well as strategies for the Farm, Fishing area, Town, and Derby. Once new players embrace these strategies they quickly notice that they have more coins, diamonds, and vouchers to play the game; have more barn space; and can generally maneuver freely about Hay Day with few impairments.

I found your rules really interesting. My #1 reason for joining a hood is derby. I do not like to trade, as I like the challenge of doing it on my own. That is just me, and of course your hood would not be a good one for me with those rules. To each their own. Couple of questions.

Do you make an exemption for your not helping with boat crates even when there is a special boat - extra XP or puzzle or event? Just curious. When I was a newby, I rarely sold in DD but loved the boat - do not play them now unless special boat. Again, just curious, not judging.

Also, do people who like other playing methods have to leave your hood? For instance, after a while I learned what I enjoyed and what i did not enjoy in Hayday. everyone has different likes and dislikes. Are you strict on players as they level up, or only try to tell new players how to play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    I found your rules really interesting. My #1 reason for joining a hood is derby. I do not like to trade, as I like the challenge of doing it on my own. That is just me, and of course your hood would not be a good one for me with those rules. To each their own. Couple of questions.

Do you make an exemption for your not helping with boat crates even when there is a special boat - extra XP or puzzle or event? Just curious. When I was a newby, I rarely sold in DD but loved the boat - do not play them now unless special boat. Again, just curious, not judging.

Also, do people who like other playing methods have to leave your hood? For instance, after a while I learned what I enjoyed and what i did not enjoy in Hayday. everyone has different likes and dislikes. Are you strict on players as they level up, or only try to tell new players how to play the game?
    Since we’re a teaching neighbor primarily for newer players, you know that filling Boat orders (as well as Truck orders) is a terrible strategy since you earn fewer coins and more of those nasty XPs. It is smart to fill boat orders during certain Boat Events where diamonds are rewarded. Generally players will accept boats where they can fill 100% of the crates and send away the rest. We do not encourage members to make direct requests for crops/products in chat. As you know, crops and products are best used to service Town visitors as this brings tools into the neighborhood. Bringing lots of tools into the neighborhood, and then trading ones you don’t need for those you do need, allows everyone to complete upgrade/expansion project more quickly as well as free up valuable barn space.

We are strict. As a teaching neighborhood we’re usually at or near our 30-member limit. New players generally understand the strategy and are quick to adopt it into their game play. Those that reject it are quickly removed to make room for new students. As for “after a while”, I’ve never seen any member who chose to abandon a successful strategy and start playing poorly. Perhaps I should note that we have a chart for Experience Levels which refocuses goals (and strategies) as you level up in the game, so there’s always something new as priorities change.

Since we’re a teaching neighbor primarily for newer players, you know that filling Boat orders (as well as Truck orders) is a terrible strategy since you earn fewer coins and more of those nasty XPs. It is smart to fill boat orders during certain Boat Events where diamonds are rewarded. Generally players will accept boats where they can fill 100% of the crates and send away the rest. We do not encourage members to make direct requests for crops/products in chat. As you know, crops and products are best used to service Town visitors as this brings tools into the neighborhood. Bringing lots of tools into the neighborhood, and then trading ones you don’t need for those you do need, allows everyone to complete upgrade/expansion project more quickly as well as free up valuable barn space.

We are strict. As a teaching neighborhood we’re usually at or near our 30-member limit. New players generally understand the strategy and are quick to adopt it into their game play. Those that reject it are quickly removed to make room for new students. As for “after a while”, I’ve never seen any member who chose to abandon a successful strategy and start playing poorly. Perhaps I should note that we have a chart for Experience Levels which refocuses goals (and strategies) as you level up in the game, so there’s always something new as priorities change.
    Thanks for the info. Nice that you are there for the players who want that type of help. Not looking to join, but my main focus is XP at this time, so tools, etc do not interest me. Not really interested in barn/silo but I do remember when I was below level 100 and that was important. I do not think of it as "playing poorly", but playing in a way that interest me. Makes sense to remove someone like me so that you could help others starting the journey. I truly find your dedication interesting.

I find the idea of a teaching neighbourhood an unusual concept. I certainly understand that some neighbourhoods like to play in a certain way and that’s fine, it’s why neighbourhoods were created. My playing style is different from yours, but it isn’t because I need anyone to teach me how to play the game in a way I might enjoy more. I already play it the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyannec View Post
    I find the idea of a teaching neighbourhood an unusual concept. I certainly understand that some neighbourhoods like to play in a certain way and that’s fine, it’s why neighbourhoods were created. My playing style is different from yours, but it isn’t because I need anyone to teach me how to play the game in a way I might enjoy more. I already play it the way I want to.
    I find it unusual as well. It is quite interesting, though... I have always farmed as I like and I try to let others do the same.

my first mind blowing moment on these forums came in the form of a no chat allowed hood... they referred to it as “quiet”
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I find it unusual as well. It is quite interesting, though... I have always farmed as I like and I try to let others do the same.

my first mind blowing moment on these forums came in the form of a no chat allowed hood... they referred to it as “quiet”
    It is quite interesting. The best part of the game for me was doing it on my own, farming the way I liked and the independence of not having to follow rules. I would not have enjoyed that "teaching hood", but to each their own. Even though I am not actively trying to upgrade barn or silo, I get a ridiculous amount of satisfaction when I realize that I have enough EM to upgrade. I did it on my own and for some reason that makes me very happy. I would have hated the game if I was forced to trade and obtain materials through game play i did not enjoy - would have left years ago. presently 169 level and proud of it.