Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super PEKKA worth upgrading right now?

Quote Originally Posted by xQQx View Post
    I don’t care for pushing. Just getting my 3 and that’s it. The BM is level 15. Should I work exclusively on it or is maxing dropships better for a faster 30 machine?
    Troops before BM. Maxed Minion Drops will get your BH9 into the low-to-mid 4K range and keep you there with very little effort - with or without the BM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by xQQx View Post
    I don’t care for pushing. Just getting my 3 and that’s it. The BM is level 15. Should I work exclusively on it or is maxing dropships better for a faster 30 machine?
    You sound similar to me then and in that case I agree with the two posts below. I upgraded my minions and ships first then used those exclusively until my BM was maxed. I then started working on other troops. You can very easily stay in the 4000s with maxed minions and ships and a level 15 BM. When the BM is down for upgrade (save your extra clock boosts for that) you will lose more often than when it is awake, of course, but you can still hang in the 4000s. Your trophies will climb back up when he is awake.

Also, on other accounts I picked different troops. I did baby dragons on one account. That is another easy way to stay above 4000. I did carts and pekkas on another. That one takes more thinking on the attacking. I did witches on another. That one isn't as good as the others. I did hogs on one and then they nerfed them before I maxed them. On that one I just did now get pekkas and archers maxed too and now am starting to have fun with it. Like pekka and carts though, it takes more thinking than minion/ships. That is a very easy attack if you just want to hang in the 4000s with your 3 wins per day, which is exactly what I want to do on that account.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Troops > BM. Get your preferred troops to max then work on the BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Troops before BM. Maxed Minion Drops will get your BH9 into the low-to-mid 4K range and keep you there with very little effort - with or without the BM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Forum Legend
    I'm around 4800. My most used attack is 4 pekka / 1 cart / 1 hog
    But Maxed Minion drops is a good attack and if you have maxed minions getting ships up might be the quickest army to max.

That said these days I personally find ground based pekka armies with 4, 5 or 6 camps of pekka to be pretty strong.

But my base has been tripled by a variety of attacks and soon after I've seen the same army used and get 1 star.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I'm around 4800. My most used attack is 4 pekka / 1 cart / 1 hog
    But Maxed Minion drops is a good attack and if you have maxed minions getting ships up might be the quickest army to max.

That said these days I personally find ground based pekka armies with 4, 5 or 6 camps of pekka to be pretty strong.

But my base has been tripled by a variety of attacks and soon after I've seen the same army used and get 1 star.
    I find those ground armies strong as well. The account I'm probably having the most fun attacking with right now is using 12 level 17 archers, 6 max hogs, 3 max pekka. I have to spend more than 3 seconds looking at the base though, unlike just getting 3 quick wins with minion-drop on my other account.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I find those ground armies strong as well. The account I'm probably having the most fun attacking with right now is using 12 level 17 archers, 6 max hogs, 3 max pekka. I have to spend more than 3 seconds looking at the base though, unlike just getting 3 quick wins with minion-drop on my other account.
    So with the archers what is the objective? Clear trash for funnel? Specific defense to pick off? Curious about the deploy.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Most attacks around 5k have a number of pekkas in the attack, so yes worth upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    So with the archers what is the objective? Clear trash for funnel? Specific defense to pick off? Curious about the deploy.
    I was using another pekka but found I have been getting more % out of a camp of archers for funnel, specific defense or extra % from junk buildings. I’m no Bh expert, though, so you may not want to copy me haha.

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I did minions, drops, pekkas, carts, hog gliders in that order. I mostly run pekka gliders now just above 5k which seems to be the ceiling for my skill or lack thereof.
    I did the same.

It's great to have the choice of an air or ground attack

Max minion/drops is a solid air attack - almost guaranteed 2 star against max base, but i rarely 3 star

pekkas and carts is a great ground attack. Higher chance of 3 star but also higher chance of 1 star than minion/drops

i am looking forward to having max hogs next week so i can try pekka hog

And i will have max buildings the week after so may try pushing.

i'm around 5k now

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23