Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximizing XP

Maximizing XP

I've seen many threads and videos on "leveling up fast" only to hear the fastest way to level up is to play the game... so I've been experimenting for the last few months and I created an account here to post my findings in hopes of saving some newer players the frustration. I am currently level 82, and I average between 70k and 100k XP per day. My max xp in 1 day was about 180k. So here is my current method:

1. Fill all available space with trees/ bushes. Save XP boosters for these huge harvests. Different trees have different benefits. Some will maximize xp per saw, others are better for coins per saw, some are good if you check them often, some less. I currently do cacao trees for a balance between time, xp, coins, and saw consumption. If you want pure xp gain, go with your highest available tree.

2. Maximize xp per item shipped.
    Be selective about what orders you fill. If you fill orders indiscriminately, you'll simply run out of items. Scrap orders with poor offerings for xp, this also lets you keep stock levels up.
    Orders generate faster than items, so be picky, which brings my to the bread and butter...

3. Trucks only.
    No wheating..., no boat and no town (usually).
    This is because every shipped item pays you coins and xp in inverse proportions, so more coins means fewer xp... and vice versa. Boats offer a very balanced ratio of coins and xp per item, while trucks offer wider ranging ratios.

For instance, my current boat is requesting crates of 3 fish pies, for 339 xp and 351 coins. Almost a 1:1 of xp:coins. That's garbage. And it's the same ratio for the other two items as well (dresses for 330 and honey popcorns for 720). While a truck can yield ratios as high as 2:1 for those items (452 xp and 226 coins for 3 fish pies). *Note that trucks can also yield xp:coin ratios of 1:2, so 226 xp and 452 coins (that's an automatic scrap).

Eventually you get a feel for what a good xp offering is for any given item. It's not about absolute value, it's about the ratio. For instance, 150 xp for chaps is pretty good, but 150 xp for a blanket is just theft.

4. Take advantage of xp events
    Feel free to destroy your inventory levels on these days.

5. There are exceptions.
    If you have tom, and 9 blankets... well, a boat offering you 300 xp per blanket is quick and easy, and you'll have time to make more blankets before you run out. Even though 300 xp per blanket isn't as good as you'd get on a truck (should be more like 400), you have inventory to spare.

In closing, the strategy looks like this. Scrap all truck orders that offer a 1:1 or lower. Send all trucks with a 1.75 : 1 ratio, or higher. Then make a judgment call on the rest, based on inventory. Harvest huge amounts of trees and run tom ragged.

If you're opposed to buying diamonds for tom, the truck strategy still works, but you WILL run out of coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubsawace View Post
    I am currently level 82, and I average between 70k and 100k XP per day. My max xp in 1 day was about 180k.
    Thanks for sharing your leveling strategy!

If these numbers were true you'd be at least lvl 90 by 31 dec 2019, conservatively. And somewhere around level 150 by end of 2020. i think you're not factoring inventory reloading days.

https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Experience_Levels

/e: without wheating, where are you getting the (literally) thousands of saws and axes you need by filling up the land with trees/bushes?
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:52 AM.

One of the great things about Hay Day is we each get to play the game however we want. I have friends who try to level up fast, friends who spend 2-3 months at each level, and friends who just try to get the biggest barn possible. Friends who want to finish that fishing book, or open all that land. And don't forget those who live to decorate. You get to decide.

It seems Hay Day has heard your plea and granted you a special XP week. Good luck!
    Last edited by milomilomilo; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:53 PM.

Yeah, good point. The question should be raised: over what period is that average sustainable? I'd say the truck strategy, and inventory levels are sustainable indefinitely. Then of course how often you're willing to play factors in. If the truck order calls for an out of stock item, I'm immediately scrapping if the item will not be finished or I can't use Tom before a new order generates (30 minutes).

This brings up another game mechanic I failed to mention. Certain items have higher or lower xp: coin offerings. Jewelry and metal usually offer significantly more coins than xp, while candy is the inverse. For instance, where orders for most items range between 2:1 and 1:2, you can have a truck with a single jelly bean with a ratio of 8:1, or a single diamond ring for 1:8. So Tom is going to the candy store, and frequent scrapping increases the chances for a good truck order.

As for a source for axes and saws, this is not sustainable indefinitely, without paying for diamonds. Depending on farm size and tree density, Tom must be used constantly on the main farm or feeder farms as needed, or sourced from any neighbors with whom you have an arrangement.

The trees are supplemental, though. The overarching strategy must be maximizing (xp / item) / hour.

New Bloke/Chick
    With such an xp heavy focus and so much product going to trucks, how does a player under about level 80 save for machines? The tree strategy is not sustainable for coins due to saw demand. That fast leveling up comes at a high price. And to continue the truck heavy xp strategy, not purchasing machines immediately would not be sustainable - hay day will ask for items regardless of whether youve purchased the machine or not.

I absolutely agree that everyone should play their way. But Id throw a caution flag out there regarding the game imbalance to any new to medium player considering this strategy.

Centennial Club
    On an active day I get my 100k xp by just serving townies and keeping my machines running and fields full. And perhaps sending few easy boat. I don't wheat but I might plant cotton for rustic bouquet if I don't need anything else for that moment. Nor do I sell fruits or berries.

I could probably do this daily forever by hiring Tom more often (now I get some 30-50 extra diamonds per week). But during a workday I just try to check dairy etc. and fill my storage.

Sure, I'm already at lvl 170 and my town is fully upgraded. But just wanted to show that one can play Hay day in so many ways, still getting more or less the same result.

This comes at a very high cost though. I’m level 113 now and by just doing my town and every now and then a boat I get around 150K per day and 100K on an inactive day. I don’t lose that many products, my machines can keep up, never hire tom because I have plenty of axes and saws.. I get your strategy it’s just really not worth it in the long run. And it’s very tiring for me, someone who plays for the fun

My wife pointed out that I was disregarding town xp boosts go up to 60%. This echos your experiences Zetis, Westbridge. I'm going to switch over and start expanding those buildings to max. It does appear the a fully upgraded town might offer higher xp ratios than trucks, based on a small sampling (calculated 150 xp per cheese pizza, 136 per vanilla ice cream). I'll take some more numbers and experiment for a few months.

The only possible downfall I can foresee is items shipped per hour. The ratio might be higher, but if the ship rate is slower, there would be a tradeoff.

Thanks for the input all.

As for a source for axes and saws, this is not sustainable indefinitely, without paying for diamonds. Depending on farm size and tree density, Tom must be used constantly on the main farm or feeder farms as needed, or sourced from any neighbors with whom you have an arrangement.
    Er, that's not entirely true. People pay for revives, in barn tools. And 1 BEM is 5 saws or 10 axes. So, yes, it can go forever.

Centennial Club
    My wife pointed out that I was disregarding town xp boosts go up to 60%. This echos your experiences Zetis, Westbridge. I'm going to switch over and start expanding those buildings to max. It does appear the a fully upgraded town might offer higher xp ratios than trucks, based on a small sampling (calculated 150 xp per cheese pizza, 136 per vanilla ice cream). I'll take some more numbers and experiment for a few months.
    Just to say that it's not that easy to upgrade all buildings to max seats/xp/time. And you need to have required reputation level also (if you've done mostly trucks until now).

But of course if you use diamonds or change BEM for TEMs, then getting all those needed tar buckets is not that tedious task.