Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legends League

Fresh Spawn

Legends League

I'm a town hall 9 who has found great joy in the lower level town hall trophy pushing. I understand the new Legends League was released in attempt to support the "best players" but often overlooks just how INACTIVE they may be. Furthermore, this system may find pro town hall TWELVE attackers but can be seen as Supercell's final attempt to eradicate all lower level town hall pushers. The new system leaves no chance for us to compete in the league, gaining 10 trophies per attack and losing 40 for every defense. With discouragement and no hope for any impressive pushes, most of my closest friends have gave up the push life and often the game altogether. I, and I'm sure all town hall pushers, from town hall SEVEN to town hall ELEVEN can agree that the original system serves far greater pros than the modern league. Don't get me wrong, I have been one of the greatest Clash of Clans supporters and planned on supporting this game for many push days to come. I just don't want to see the downfall of this game. Thanks for reading and please consider supporting the return of the original Legends League system.

The old system is never returning. The new system is far superior. Players can actually ATTACK now instead of waiting hours to find a match. We're not reverting to a flawed, obsolete system
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 58 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Quote Originally Posted by fern03 View Post
    I'm a town hall 9 who has found great joy in the lower level town hall trophy pushing. I understand the new Legends League was released in attempt to support the "best players" but often overlooks just how INACTIVE they may be. Furthermore, this system may find pro town hall TWELVE attackers but can be seen as Supercell's final attempt to eradicate all lower level town hall pushers. The new system leaves no chance for us to compete in the league, gaining 10 trophies per attack and losing 40 for every defense. With discouragement and no hope for any impressive pushes, most of my closest friends have gave up the push life and often the game altogether. I, and I'm sure all town hall pushers, from town hall SEVEN to town hall ELEVEN can agree that the original system serves far greater pros than the modern league. Don't get me wrong, I have been one of the greatest Clash of Clans supporters and planned on supporting this game for many push days to come. I just don't want to see the downfall of this game. Thanks for reading and please consider supporting the return of the original Legends League system.
    You can still push to legends, but, yep, to compete in legends you are encouraged to upgrade. Of course, even in the old legends you couldn't compete near the top as a th9 either. You instead played in low legends where th12s would lose on purpose just to farm.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:01 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    The old system is never returning. The new system is far superior. Players can actually ATTACK now instead of waiting hours to find a match. We're not reverting to a flawed, obsolete system
    Yup thanks for your opinion, easy to encourage and support as a town hall 12.

Which you can upgrade to also. I think SC wants players to upgrade, not stay stuck at a lower hall level. It makes business sense to encourage upgrading.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

The primary objective of the new system is to ensure that players have a convenient way to attack without encountering clouds.

I don't see how a person doing 8 attacks a day (which is essential for progress) can be considered inactive in any way, especially if they are in the highest league.

".... the original system serves far greater pros than the modern league" -
    Pro in what sense? The old system was basically a slugfest of seeing who can stay up constantly raiding, so the time spent on the game certainly had more impact than actual skill or the ability of your base to defend well,both of which are rather well-addressed in the new system.

It doesn't make sense for them to go back to the old system just to cater to a niche segment of the player base.

Just curious, How much do perma maxers spend on the game a month?

You are looking at it wrong. Compare the league system to professional sports, lets go with race car driving. Legends league is the formula1 class. Only the best drivers reach this level. To get there they have spent a ridiculous amount of time practicing and honing their skills to get there. Now you show up in your cart. Its a nice cart with its souped up lawn mower engine and race tires, but there is no way your cart can compete with talent or equipment in legends.

Now you are demanding to be allowed entry into the race when you clearly do not have the equipment, experience or skills required to be remotely competitive with the rest of the class.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    I would be very surprised if even 1% of those playing in legends before the change think tbe old system was better.

Yes, you do need to be TH12 to readily stay in legends, but that was pretty well true before. You really couldn't choose who to attack any more than you can now, with how long you sat in clouds.

Legends is the top league, intended for top bases, and that is how it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

An opinion shared by many. Why on earth would you expect SC to make it easy for low level TH players to compete at the top level of the game? You want to play with the big boys, you need to get the big guns.

The new system is vastly better than the old and not just because it eliminated the clouds. It rewards skilled attackers more than those who simply stay logged in longer. It also makes it much harder to cheat your way to the top by account sharing.