Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Legends League

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Yippeekyaa View Post
    You are looking at it wrong. Compare the league system to professional sports, lets go with race car driving. Legends league is the formula1 class. Only the best drivers reach this level. To get there they have spent a ridiculous amount of time practicing and honing their skills to get there. Now you show up in your cart. Its a nice cart with its souped up lawn mower engine and race tires, but there is no way your cart can compete with talent or equipment in legends.

Now you are demanding to be allowed entry into the race when you clearly do not have the equipment, experience or skills required to be remotely competitive with the rest of the class.
    So you believe town hall 9's shouldn't have been in legends league and should never be? Clearly we don't "have the equipment" then. I have the potential to 1 star a town hall 12 and that should be enough to progress.
    Last edited by fern03; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fern03 View Post
    So you believe town hall 9's shouldn't have been in legends league and should never be? Clearly we don't "have the equipment" then. I have the potential to 1 star a town hall 12 and that should be enough to progress.
    Exactly. That is the entire point of legends league. 1 starring a th12 as a th 9 means nothing in the the top tier leagues. If you some how make it to legends at best you will earn 8 stars from your 8 attacks a day, while losing 24 stars in defenses as the th12’s will easily clear your base.

Forum Veteran
    It should be enough to progress, as long as you can also defend for one star against that same th12. You know full well a th9 can never defend against a th12, thus it can never actually compete against that 12 on a level playing field. You prefer a handicap game, where you’re rewarded for online time spent attacking and not defending. We had that for quite some time, and no, a th5 or 9 in legends was not competing. They were just there, nexting for hours and hanging on.

Lower ths can still push, they just can’t ‘compete’ at the highest level of the game. The opportunity is still there, as they’re not barred from entry. They just lose their handicap.

TH12...level 243...65/65/40...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 36 mil...atb 6032

The old system rewarded you for staying online for long periods of time to get an attack in. The new system favors those who are capable of attacking and defending without the time constraint which is wayyyyyyy better than the old system. If you truly think that a 1 star attack is enough for you to deserve to compete in legends then I'm sure you're also content with participation trophies in sports.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH12 | BK 58 | AQ 60 | GW 21 |

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    It should be enough to progress, as long as you can also defend for one star against that same th12. You know full well a th9 can never defend against a th12, thus it can never actually compete against that 12 on a level playing field. You prefer a handicap game, where you’re rewarded for online time spent attacking and not defending. We had that for quite some time, and no, a th5 or 9 in legends was not competing. They were just there, nexting for hours and hanging on.

Lower ths can still push, they just can’t ‘compete’ at the highest level of the game. The opportunity is still there, as they’re not barred from entry. They just lose their handicap.
    This is it for me coc should be about attack and defence not just one or the other whether it’s war or not if you want to compete with the best your defence has to be able to compete as well as your attack.
    Last edited by RaWF; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:16 PM.

Th9s could reach legends before and they could reach legends now. They could stay in lower legends easier before than now because before they were playing against other players in low legends who were not trophy pushing. Th12s in low legends back then were losing on purpose just to stay in low legends to avoid long search times so they could get more loot. Personally, I thought the new legends should have started at 5500 like a legends 2 or something, which would have allowed some of the lower hall players to still push into the low 5000s where they used to, but it makes sense from SC's side of things to encourage those players to upgrade.

Either way, I think you need to remember you weren't competing with trophy pushing th12s in the old legends either. You were playing with farmers.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    The old system rewarded you for staying online for long periods of time to get an attack in. The new system favors those who are capable of attacking and defending without the time constraint which is wayyyyyyy better than the old system. If you truly think that a 1 star attack is enough for you to deserve to compete in legends then I'm sure you're also content with participation trophies in sports.
    Spending 12 hours to find a base is by no means rewarded with "participation trophies." It's hard work that pays off over time. But, as we all know, you can now lead the world playing no more than 2 hours a day.

I think the rework of the legends league was a similar game changing update as with the end of TH sniping. IMO SuperCell see the general intention of “the higher TH you have, the higher in the leagues you can progress.”

The legend league is something to work towards as part of the end game material. I’ll put my neck on the line by saying no, TH9 shouldn’t be up there at all. Many moons ago when I was Th9, I mostly stayed as low as I could and trained a near full goblin army to loot bases without worrying about trophies.

Trophies never really seemed that important to me until I reached a point where I did believe I could compete with the best. That moment came only when I maxed TH12
    IGN: Mike:1984 #QG9UL8Y9
    CLAN: BDB Warriors #2JRGY0Y
    TH12 / Lv 217 / HIGH SCORE 5987
    Account Established Dec 2012
    Maxed heroes ✔️ Maxed walls ✔️

I have been one of the greatest Clash of Clans supporters and planned on supporting this game for many push days to come. I just don't want to see the downfall of this game. Thanks for reading and please consider supporting the return of the original Legends League system.
    This particular part is pretty funny, you don't want to see downfall of this game but you're suggesting going back to old legends Sorry, I believe you have a little skewed vision of what the majority of legends player want. Current system is far better for literally everyone else except for the few low th pushers. I'm not sure why would we have to go back to clouds to keep you 0,1 % of legends population happy.
    Last edited by SifaVision; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:21 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    No it shouldn't, when they will 3 star you every time.

If you are conceding more on defence than you are gaining on offence, then you really shouldn't be progressing.

And that was a part of the problem as it stood before (and still is in Champions/Titans). People could progress by just staying online as much as posisble and taking severakl attacks for each defence.

Legends does away with that and now means you wil only progress if your average gain per attack is higher than your average loss per defence
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)