Thread: Too much time given to do a raid.

Too much time given to do a raid.

I feel that the raid duration allowance is excessive. It gives far too much time for the annoying piecing out of archers...thus wasting troop boost time. Did I mention the annoying piecing out of archers...one at a time...down to the last second?

For the record, I very rarely use Sneaky Archers, it is that I simply prefer other troops. That said, stongly disagree with your conclusions. There are basically two types of attacks to varying degrees, regardless of troop composition. ...

1) Lay all troops down immediately.
    2) Lay all troops down strategically during the couse of the battle.

Granted it is not an "Either / Or" scale. Many will mix these two types to varying degrees. Such as start battle laying most but not all troops down (#1) while holding some for strategic placement (#2). I would describe myself as a "hybrid attacker" mostly, using this mixture. I have often held back a number of troops, minions, PEKKAs or, Cannon Carts, or Battle Machine typically. And yes by using the clock I admitedly at times burn the clock. Like any and all competions with game clocks, you have a max time to compete.

Sorry, but I myself vote No on any proposal for shortening the clock. As time is condensed, it forces more to option #1, and if so little time becomes available that one must deploy all troops immediately, then Versus Battles will be reduced to one option only, Spam & Pray.

Also I get a kick out of those whom held on too long. The ones where they held back too much and then they panic in the end, realizing they held back too long, and now the clock is about to end, so they panic quickly deploying remainder in vain!
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:33 PM.

Bombers are way better than archers

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here

Forum Legend
    3 minutes seems just perfect. Rarely do I or my opponent need the full 3 minutes but sometimes it’s nice to have.

though this or some variation of this often comes up. And it usually boils down to ‘I don’t use sneaky archers so nobody else should either’
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

So you want to kill multi stage attacks right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthialea76 View Post
    I feel that the raid duration allowance is excessive. It gives far too much time for the annoying piecing out of archers...thus wasting troop boost time. Did I mention the annoying piecing out of archers...one at a time...down to the last second?
    Part of the reason why you feel this may be due to the fact that scout time is 1 minute compared to 30 seconds in the MV. This is however necessary since we need time to switch troops in each troop slot if needed.

You can still use CT potion for boosting if you run out of normal boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthialea76 View Post
    Too much time? I feel like it is too little instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Too much time? I feel like it is too little instead.
    Too little time? there is no reason someone would need more than three minutes unless they are taking excessively long, in which case they deserve to run out of time like on the main base.