Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Item counters, not just capacity counters

Lightbulb Item counters, not just capacity counters

As it is now, to know how many of a specific item you have on hand you must go to your barn or silo.

My proposition: whenever something is added to your inventory, not only would the barn/silo capacity counter appear briefly, but also an item counter that shows how many of that particular item you now have.

Example: when I collect one cream from my dairy, or say I buy one from another farm, Iíd like to see a brief image of that cream with the amount I then have.

Sometimes I buy more of something than I need because I just forgot what I had in stock. More than once Iíve scooped up a good deal only to later check my inventory and face-palm; ď...dang, I didnít need 200 carrotsĒ.

Whenever I get a ton of barn space (after an upgrade or expansion of some kind) Iíll go on a shopping spree! Having to return to my farm to check stock is annoying, especially since visiting random farms comes with a time limit - you have to make it back to that specific ad in the paper before it refreshes!

Please save me from myself, LOL

Attached Images Attached Images

It's a good idea, but i think they probably thought of it but decided not to implement it to keep to interface cleaner. The newspaper time limit thing.. can temporarily follow the farm to get round the refresh timer.

If it’s about keeping things ‘clean’, instead of the image of the barn/silo that appears when you grab an item (along with the words “xxx storage” and the counter) remove the image of the barn/silo and replace with image of the product with its own counter. It can’t be that hard... but what do I know!

just a suggestion

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    You know you can see how many you have of each item at each machine, right? You're asking for a counter when you buy something, which makes sense. I just wanted to point out there's one at each machine too, in case that's of any help. Many players don't know such a thing exists.
    Last edited by ilovehayday; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:12 PM.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehayday View Post
    You know you can see how many you have of each item at each machine, right? You're asking for a counter when you buy something, which makes sense. I just wanted to point out there's one at each machine too, in case that's of any help. Many players don't know such a thing exists.
    Currently the fastest way to check the inventory of a specific item is to go to the item's machine, since the awful barn interface will require you to hunt for the item's graphic buried in a list 2 hundred-odd items.

There are two issues with this.

First one: to check a specific item's quantity, you have to tap the machine, then tap and hold the item. The quantity appears. If the finger is released over the machine, the item is added to the machine queue unintentionally. This is a bigger issue on smaller screens, since the popup sometimes has to float over the machine.

The second issue: this method doesn't work at all for stackers. You'd have to clear the machine stack to access the method, unless you keep "barn full" status at all times.

Hi folks,

yes, the ways of checking your stock are totally cumbersome. Another trick I use, to check what I have zero of without going to each machine, is to go to the request section since that lists all possible items; fastest way to see what I have to make LOL.

but PLEASE Hay Day Team... when I collect an item I just want to see how many I then have without having to return to my farm, or do any of the other inventory-checking methods.

Nothing is impossible and I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUUU!!