Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fix the meta

if anything need to change is pekka smash\pekabobat attacks, Edrags are easy to counter but those pekkas and bowlers are just to strong its just not fun building bases anymore
    90% of the attacks against me in legend using pekkas and bowlers, no matter which base I put they all get 80-90% easily by just spamming them into the core. I tried to build bases, I tried to use championship bases I tried youtube bases.. every signle base just get smashed, ring base, 2 parts base, square bases what ever

Im in awe for players who triple with skill, when I get attacked with well planned attack that you can see the skills of the player breaking down the base and uses multi phase attack, I know its not the base and that player just good and I enjoy losing trophies for him. but watching pekkas and bowlers spammed into the core and grab the high 80-90 or triple if he is lucky just takes the fun out of the defensive part of the game. I really hope th13 will change that

Centennial Club
    I agree with all said above:
    - TH12 is well balanced
    - TH 11 is extremely poorly balanced
    - Valks have been useless for a long time
    - EDrag probably make less than 20% of th12 war attacks
    - lower legend is biased and not representative because players use the most effective overall army rather than the best army for each case

New Bloke/Chick
    The meta right now is the most diverse it has ever been. Ground and air attacks are both viable in my opinion.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkhen View Post
    I agree with all said above:
    - TH12 is well balanced
    - TH 11 is extremely poorly balanced
    - Valks have been useless for a long time
    - EDrag probably make less than 20% of th12 war attacks
    - lower legend is biased and not representative because players use the most effective overall army rather than the best army for each case
    There is one comment in the thread that mentions th11, and it certainly doesnt echo the sentiments that th11 is extremely poorly balanced. Im curious, do you find this balance biased towards offense or defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Xbeat3244 View Post
    I hope the new town hall 13 update bring back old metas and buff some unused troops because the troops meta right now is pretty dull and one sided. Everyone use the same edrag loon combos 9 out of 10 people in war use edrags, they need to experiment more with troops meta it will make the game more interesting.
    the only time i see edrags used a lot are when we're against a clan that has no idea what they're doing.

i should say 99% of the time anyway. there are some good edrag attackers but they are few and far between
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xbeat3244 View Post
    I hope the new town hall 13 update bring back old metas and buff some unused troops because the troops meta right now is pretty dull and one sided. Everyone use the same edrag loon combos 9 out of 10 people in war use edrags, they need to experiment more with troops meta it will make the game more interesting.
    Iíll have to politely disagree with you on that one. Iím sick of seeing everyone spam pekkaís and get 3 stars without even trying

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    I’ll have to politely disagree with you on that one. I’m sick of seeing everyone spam pekka’s and get 3 stars without even trying
    No one spams pekkas and gets 3 stars at max th12 other than the very rare lucky attack against a horrible design. Very highly skilled players can get 3 stars around 15% of the time with pekkas using skilled attacking, not spamming. The most elite are higher than that, but, again, with precision attacking, not spamming.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by wsi View Post
    I confirm OPs statement. Big chunck of cwl attacks are edrag cause it's an easy high 2 or 3 star attack. We are in masters 2.
    That's e drags. Semi reliable 2. If you want to move up cwl leagues though, there are plenty of other 3 star attacks you can learn, otherwise you'll be in master 2 for a long time. E drags are the new gowipe, great for 2 but if you want to be competitive you need to up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    No one spams pekkas and gets 3 stars at max th12 other than the very rare lucky attack against a horrible design. Very highly skilled players can get 3 stars around 15% of the time with pekkas using skilled attacking, not spamming. The most elite are higher than that, but, again, with precision attacking, not spamming.
    Oh, they certainly do. Most th12 triples I see are pekka/healer spam variations. Last war the enemy tripled our 1,2,4,5 (all fully maxed including walls, and using anti-3 bases, many copied from the ESL finals) and one base a bit lower - that was in their first 7 or 8 attacks. And they were the spammiest of spams - mostly quadquake+pekkas+healers, and some pekkabobat. Luckily their lower players tried Eddies and a few other things and that was about it for their triples, but it was a bit of a shocker at the start.

I think I'm right in saying that in the last couple of months my clan hasn't lost a war if the opponent does any TH12 attacks that aren't pekka/healer combos. If they've used a single hog, hound or eddie we've always won. The 3 that beat us used pekka/healer mixtures (mostly pekkabobat) for all 50+ 12v12 attacks.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Oh, they certainly do. Most th12 triples I see are pekka/healer spam variations. Last war the enemy tripled our 1,2,4,5 (all fully maxed including walls, and using anti-3 bases, many copied from the ESL finals) and one base a bit lower - that was in their first 7 or 8 attacks. And they were the spammiest of spams - mostly quadquake+pekkas+healers, and some pekkabobat. Luckily their lower players tried Eddies and a few other things and that was about it for their triples, but it was a bit of a shocker at the start.

I think I'm right in saying that in the last couple of months my clan hasn't lost a war if the opponent does any TH12 attacks that aren't pekka/healer combos. If they've used a single hog, hound or eddie we've always won. The 3 that beat us used pekka/healer mixtures (mostly pekkabobat) for all 50+ 12v12 attacks.
    We probably have a different definition of a spam attack. My post was in response to the claim that everyone is spamming pekkas 3 star attacks without even trying. I've never really thought there is anything wrong with a meta that includes only 3 troops and 2-3 spells, so I wouldn't call it spam if that is the case. I'd call it more of a mass attack.

Anyway, a 3 star 15% of the time with good use of spells, timing, troop placement, etc.? That is a different story. The % in your war was 4 out of over 50 attacks resulted in 3 stars? I bet it was shocking at the start, but then as the war went on you saw it wasn't just a mindless 3 star spam attack that anyone can do on any base. Otherwise, the rest of their clan would have done it too and so would your own attackers.

I do agree healers, pekkas, bats is a powerful strategy. I've been using it often myself. I'd say my 3 star rate against max th12s is similar to what your figures show for CWL 3 star rates, maybe a little lower. It should actually be higher (at least in war if not in legends) since in war I'm often hitting a base already attacked once, but those players in the upper CWL leagues likely have more skill than me even with only one attack.
    Last edited by 2222; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:54 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.