Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Player count?

For those that do say its dying.. Take a ticket.. I been hearing that since I joined forum..

As for my thoughts.. People come and people go..
    Any major event eg lop siding, or globals demise, will create an increase of people whom will rage quit.. Normal human reaction..
    Their accounts will wait for them, if they have a change of heart..

Activity?.. I have 26 accounts, but didnt do a single raid yesterday.. guess thats 26 dead bases.. The sky is falling.. Not..

Revenue?.. Gold pass was a good move.. Not only did it enhance the value for those of us that bought a few gems, but gave such value and in game enhancements, that it is bound to have pushed the margins up..

Like anything, there are those that are pushing, and there are those that are on slow burn.. It is normal cycle..

The recruitment tool has stalled out of the blocks, so is antagonising those that wish to find reason for their drop in enthusiasm, but the fix, hopefully next week, will maybe assist with the problem, although it wont magically fill a clan with players that will increase their profile/stature.. A little reality check wont go amiss..

But the game will go on.. Those that hope for it to fail are likely going to be disappointed.. Again..

Just move on quietly, if you dont wish to play.. Collectors and Storage outside first please..

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    For those that do say its dying.. Take a ticket.. I been hearing that since I joined forum..
    Its been true ever since you joined the forums and will continue to be true.

On 7th March 2016 CEO Ilkka Paananen confirmed supercell had over 100 million daily active users with a large percentage being clash users. Nowadays its under 3 million Monthly users. I'm not a genius at math but even Donald Trump couldnt swing those numbers. I'm not saying the game is better or worse than it was years ago, I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that player numbers have been in terminal decline since the December 2015 update. Do you think supercell still has a DAU of over 100 million? Release the data & try to prove me wrong

However on the plus side at least we havent crashed and burned as fast as clash royale

Quote Originally Posted by anyname1 View Post

On 7th March 2016 CEO Ilkka Paananen confirmed supercell had over 100 million daily active users with a large percentage being clash users. Nowadays its under 3 million Monthly users. I'm not a genius at math but even Donald Trump couldnt swing those numbers. I'm not saying the game is better or worse than it was years ago, I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that player numbers have been in terminal decline since the December 2015 update. Do you think supercell still has a DAU of over 100 million? Release the data & try to prove me wrong

However on the plus side at least we havent crashed and burned as fast as clash royale
    What makes you think it is under 3 million monthly users? A million new accounts were created just last month. Tens of millions take part in clan war leagues each month, not to mention the millions more who are active but don't take part in those wars.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! I'd start it at 5500 and let farmers play 5000-5500, but overall it is a great improvement.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44

The December 2015 update wasn't some magical pivoting point in the Clash game, that many like to point at and say "see that's why the game's dying." The game population continued to rise after that. It's just one of the first major updates that the forums and reddit community voiced some disagreement with, so it's one that stands out in the community's collective memory.

Where you get 3 million monthly is beyond me as we've never shared official numbers, but I can say that is way, way, way, way, way off. If you will, I'd like you to think about that logically. There are many websites that have discussed Clash's revenue this year. If it really dropped down to 3 million monthly users, do you really think those 3 million are spending that much to keep the game afloat?

And you'll have to forgive us for not rising to the bait to "try and prove you wrong." The game speaks for itself, as does the level of the company's commitment to Clash's future. You're free to speculate all you want, but c'mon...at least apply a bit of research before you go full conspiracy theory.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Where did you get the 3 million count from? I came across one Venturebeat article stating SC had 25 mn player groups in January 2019.

"Last month, there were 25 million active groups playing Supercell games, all of them created by players, with an average size of 10 players."
    Source-
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/venture...5-million/amp/

CoC is not as popular as it used to be years back,but that doesn't automatically mean the game is on its deathbed.

Player count may indeed have dropped from 2015 but profits from the game is up in recent times-

"The game also had its best day since Christmas 2015 on May 1st 2019, taking $6.9m from in-app purchases."

"
    The title reached the top five for iPhone revenue in 46 countries on the day the Gold Pass launched, having achieved that rank in only one the day before. In the United States, purchases of the pass, which sells for $4.99, drove the game to No. 1 on the App Store’s overall top grossing chart for the first time since October 13, 2017."
    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/706...-introduction/
    https://sensortower.com/blog/clash-of-clans-gold-pass

Last edited by Maestro666; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:19 PM.

KillerEliteUK, SniperEliteUK, VoodooEliteUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The December 2015 update wasn't some magical pivoting point in the Clash game, that many like to point at and say "see that's why the game's dying." The game population continued to rise after that. It's just one of the first major updates that the forums and reddit community voiced some disagreement with, so it's one that stands out in the community's collective memory.

Where you get 3 million monthly is beyond me as we've never shared official numbers, but I can say that is way, way, way, way, way off. If you will, I'd like you to think about that logically. There are many websites that have discussed Clash's revenue this year. If it really dropped down to 3 million monthly users, do you really think those 3 million are spending that much to keep the game afloat?

And you'll have to forgive us for not rising to the bait to "try and prove you wrong." The game speaks for itself, as does the level of the company's commitment to Clash's future. You're free to speculate all you want, but c'mon...at least apply a bit of research before you go full conspiracy theory.
    I have never understood peoples stance with the december 2015 update and that was the pivotal point clash started dying. Personally thats when clash came alive....

Lets just hope we dont look back on the October 2019 changes in 3-4 years time and explain to our grand children thats what killed clash..lol

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47

On 7th March 2016 CEO Ilkka Paananen confirmed supercell had over 100 million daily active users with a large percentage being clash users. Nowadays its under 3 million Monthly users.
    I have no idea where you got that figure from, it it bears no resemblance to reality.

First, it was only a few months ago that Darian said there are 10s of millions logging on daily. He has also said, in the last few hours, that clash has been on an upward trend over the last two years.

Then you just need to look at some in game numbers. My main is on 5130 trophies, so fairly low legends, but is ranked 207,776. Which means somewhere around 350000 to 400000 in legends alone. I believe less than 1% of active players are in legends, so that gives 35 million plus active players.

I'm not a genius at math but even Donald Trump couldnt swing those numbers. I'm not saying the game is better or worse than it was years ago, I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that player numbers have been in terminal decline since the December 2015 update. Do you think supercell still has a DAU of over 100 million? Release the data & try to prove me wrong
    It is probably closer to 100 milion than to your 3 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    A million new accounts were created just last month.
    Would you mind sharing the source for this number?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    All games have a natural lifespan when it comes to playership. Meaning, each player has a set average amount of time they will continue to play a game until they decide it's time to move on to another one. However, some games break those averages and last far longer than any other of that platform. For PC, that was World of Warcraft. For mobile, it's Clash of Clans.

Because many of us have been playing for so many years, we've all seen players come and go. Many of us had played with the same group of players for years on end only to have them eventually retire or move on to other games. Given that Clash has been around for 7 1/2 years, it's also plausible that many of those players started off as kids, have grown up, and started families of their own now.

But because you, yourself, are still playing the game while the group of people you started with are no longer playing, it can give the perception that the game is "dying". In other words, you're feeling nostalgic for the rush and excitement you once felt when the game was still new to you. You miss that feeling of discovery, activity, involvement, etc. But because you've been playing for so long, you know the meta, you know the mechanics, and the game is so well known to you that you could probably manage your village blindfolded.

For some people, getting to that stage takes years and years. Some never reach it. But part of that feeling is that you wish the people who left the game were still as emotionally invested as you are currently.

The thing is, you're just at a different stage as a player. You're a veteran player now. This doesn't mean the game is dying, it just means you have a different perspective. Ironically, this is also what it's like to get older as a person too.

Clash isn't dying, in fact over the past 2 years it's been on an upward trend, which is very rare for a game that's been out for more than 5 years. The community just shifts in groups. You started with a Clan while you were a bright-eyed innocent summer child, and the group you played with really created a sense of family. The thing is, those kinds of Clans are still being created and those bonds are still being formed all over the world. Perhaps you don't see it because you're still holding on to that nostalgic feeling of wanting your old Clan or group of friends to play with.

Also around this time of year, we do see a dip in active players simply because many of our players around the world are back in school. This seasonal dip in activity is not just specific to Clash. Almost every single game around the world sees seasonal dips when school starts.

More to the point, we do not share publicly how many players play Clash. We do not boast about downloads, revenue, active players etc. simply because we want Clash to stand on its merits of gameplay and quality. We don't want someone to download the game because of how many other billions of downloads there have been. We want you to play the game because you enjoy it.
    I left the game 2 years ago at TH9, I started back 2 weeks back, upgraded to TH10 and looking forward to playing much more actively.
    Skuld (#28PGRLRLP)
    Clan: Ninkyo (495 wins) (#
    28Q8LPJ8)
    (Clan Recruitment)

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    Would you mind sharing the source for this number?
    I don't know where it came from but it's plausible - but an awful lot of accounts can get created and never used (app installs on a new machine will generate a new account before the player's real account is loaded via SC ID). So it's probably a bit elastic as to what is a real account.

As for the numbers; the player tag appears to be base-14 encoded number, and I tried storing them in the actual integer form to save space... only player tags exceeded the limit for a 32-bit unsigned integer some time ago (so it didn't really help much). Unless there's some sort of check digit that's an awful lot of accounts created, at least technically.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e