Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planks

Fresh Spawn

Planks

I never seem to get any planks. Am always getting other construction items when harvesting crops but no planks. So I canít increase my barn storage! Does anybody else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by abackas View Post
    I never seem to get any planks. Am always getting other construction items when harvesting crops but no planks. So I canít increase my barn storage! Does anybody else have this problem?

hi and welcome to the forum... or nice to hear from you!

your join date is 5 years ago, btw

i have a plank and nail farm, so planks are not an issue for me. Some farms just seem to get more of one thing and less of another.

it helps to have a neighbour or a friend to swap with to upgrade.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:20 AM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 17 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by abackas View Post
    I never seem to get any planks. Am always getting other construction items when harvesting crops but no planks. So I can’t increase my barn storage! Does anybody else have this problem?
    First of all, welcome back abackas to the Hay Day subforum after a long hiatus. Yes, I have the same problem as you and experience a chronic shortage of planks. Do you have a glut of duct tapes or bolts as well?

It isn't a glitch because the developers designed the asymmetric drop rate into the game. Former HD Game Designer Touko shared it with his fellow developers at a conference last year which I posted about. Here's the link for those who missed it. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Aren-t-Enough

---
    Lynn
    November 15, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:09 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Registered an account in 2014. Played Hayday for FIVE YEARS before deciding, enough is enough! Make a very first post about the BEM imbalance. Wow.

Ok, i'm sure you have a good reason for the five year silence. You have a bolt-farm, duct tape's your secondary. Buddy up with a plank-farm and a tape-farm. Or just use the trade tread and swap 80 BEMs at UTC midnight everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    Registered an account in 2014. Played Hayday for FIVE YEARS before deciding, enough is enough! Make a very first post about the BEM imbalance. Wow...
    I don't find the above scenario surprising or shocking. Many of us may create forum accounts to subscribe and read threads silently and then contribute when we have something to say.

In our hood we have a trade day for expansion stuff. We all have more of something and less of something. Everybody wins.

make sure you sell all your other BEM over the amount you need for your next upgrade. That help to even out the drops. you still will be slow to get planks, but it does improve the drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    make sure you sell all your other BEM over the amount you need for your next upgrade. That help to even out the drops. you still will be slow to get planks, but it does improve the drop rate.
    Indeed. Selling excess BEMs such as duct tapes also alleviates the pressure to expand my barn while I'm waiting for the elusive bolts and planks I need.

---
    Lynn
    November 15, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:30 PM.

I tried to buy planks from a neighborhood friend and when I clicked on them it said it was bought by someone else. My friend said it was bought by Tommy the guy hired to fetch things (not even a real player). So in essence hay day took those planks. It's hard enough to get supplies without the game sabotaging you. I tried to get support but they said they will not be responding as they have addressed the issue. It has not been addressed and I'm actually appalled. People actually pay money for those supplies. Seems very shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalthief154 View Post
    I tried to buy planks from a neighborhood friend and when I clicked on them it said it was bought by someone else. My friend said it was bought by Tommy the guy hired to fetch things (not even a real player). So in essence hay day took those planks. It's hard enough to get supplies without the game sabotaging you. I tried to get support but they said they will not be responding as they have addressed the issue. It has not been addressed and I'm actually appalled. People actually pay money for those supplies. Seems very shady.
    Tom and Greg always buy supplies from your RSS. I think itís to clear the RSSes of people who canít get a buyer for a particular good. I think itís very helpful but it can get tricky as in what happened in your case. My observations have been that:

1. They buy those that have been in your RSS longest; or
    2. They buy the cheapest thing in your RSS; or
    3. If your RSS is empty before you sign in and you place goods in the RSS, they will buy whatever you put in first and theyíll buy it quickly.

My solution for ALL that 😁 is to always have disposable goods in the first four slots. So on one farm I put 1 carrot at default price in those four slots. On my main farm I usually have 10 corn at default in those four. Then I can fill in the other slots with any other goods and Tom and company will always buy from the first four slots. Collect their coins when they purchase and immediately replace with the same goods.

To get back to the topic: for three entire days my main farm didnít produce one nail. Not the farm or the town. Not one nail. Then today I finally got one. I just figure the algorithm gets into moods and gives us a little grief now and then. 😏
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:41 PM.